2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Poleman

Re: 2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

Vettel's luck aside i have to point out that what really annoys me...Is his attitude and a habit of lately going well off the track where other drivers don't,both in quali and the race...He even overtook out of the track today (okay he gave the place back but still its the way of thinking that matters).
Last edited by Poleman on 04 Nov 2012, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.

FoxHound

siskue2005 wrote:
example wrote:
myurr wrote: You forgot to mention Vergne, I think it was, just giving him a place.
TR is a disgrace. They shouldn't be there. We were all joking about Sauber and Ferrari, but RB and TR are really doing that.
Same as Alonso's lap dog, utter disgrace
Who?
JET set

Cylinder
Cylinder

siskue2005 wrote:Hahaha, all the Alonso fans are crying luck luck etc etc
It was luck which also brought him so close to Wdc this year

Name me the top drivers Vettel overtook today, please......name these great overtakes during this amazing drive.

AlpineF1
AlpineF1

Sky know what they are on about!
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

FoxHound

Edit :oops:
Last edited by FoxHound on 04 Nov 2012, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.
JET set

FrukostScones

example wrote:
myurr wrote: You forgot to mention Vergne, I think it was, just giving him a place.
TR is a disgrace. They shouldn't be there. We were all joking about Sauber and Ferrari, but RB and TR are really doing that.
they are owned by the same man, Ferrari does not own Sauber! Not clean, but what would you do with that much at stake?

nice to see how this turns into a Vettel hater parade... time to go out for dinner.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Lastonedown
Lastonedown

Best race maybe since years! Enjoyed it so much!

Great race from Vettel, he can do it!

Also impressive one from Kimi! He is still one of the best!

Many crashes today!

jz11
jz11

CHT wrote:Great race for vettel. What an amazing race and a big disappointment for webber.
Does anyone know what happen between Rosberg and narain?
supposedly HRT engine seized (or some other technical problem that slowed him down very fast) right when Nico was near him in the slipstream, didn't have time to react

CHT
CHT

Cylinder wrote:

Name me the top drivers Vettel overtook today, please......name these great overtakes during this amazing drive.
24 to 3rd. That is massive regardless is you are a fan or not.

hendrix
hendrix

siskue2005 wrote:Fantastic drive from vettel =D>
I never thought he could reach p3 from pitlane!
Is that a record or something?
Last time it was Schumy who got to p5 from pitlane, when was the last time who got into podium from pitlane?
Well, If you think twice : Vettel has pass no car faster than his car on Qualy. Alonso has pass Button, Webber and Maldonado. Passing Marussias and Toros Rossos with fresh tyres and the best car with an incredible long 7th gear was good, but without 2 safety cars and 8 car crashes....

andartop
andartop

I don't get the stewards' decisions regarding Webber.

In the incident with Maldonado, I thought it was pretty clear that Webber shut the door too soon, yet it took them quite a long time to decide no further action. Agreed, you can call it racing incident, but it was definitely not Maldonado's fault this time given he was braking as hard as he could, obvious in the replays.

In the incident with Massa, Webber left the track and rejoined unsafely, scaring Massa into a spin. Regardless of how Mark ended up outside the track, he should have been more cautious rejoining. Exactly the same reasoning behind Maldonado's punishment in Valencia during the incident with Hamilton. Yet, it only took them a few seconds to announce no further action!

What on earth did they expect Massa to do, crash into him????
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Cylinder
Cylinder

FoxHound wrote:
myurr wrote:Okay I lied, still watching the post race stuff. On Sky they just showed the highlights of Vettel's "great race", as they announced it, and they only showed one successful overtake from Vettel - that one on Button.
There was an inept attempt on Senna too.... :lol:
I saw that too,.......I now call Vettel "Phantom of the Overtakes". Apparently its a great drive that shows he is a real racer...except there is no footage of him overtaking any top drivers other than button.......which he struggled to do in car geared for overtaking with fresh soft tyres on against a bloke on used mediums.

To have this guy named in the breath of Senna.....it's disgusting....honestly......disgusting.

myurr
myurr

CHT wrote:
Cylinder wrote:

24 to 3rd. That is massive regardless is you are a fan or not.
Show why. What moves did Vettel make? Where would he have been had he not gained 35 seconds under the two safety cars? He was incredibly lucky with how that race panned out, and in terms of what he did he just drove fairly fast. In free air when they were both running, Hamilton was a few tenths a lap quicker, so you can't even say Vettel had field leading pace. He was just quick enough to take advantage of the way the race panned out, rather than being spectacular.

zeph
zeph

andartop wrote:I don't get the stewards' decisions regarding Webber.

In the incident with Maldonado, I thought it was pretty clear that Webber shut the door too soon, yet it took them quite a long time to decide no further action. Agreed, you can call it racing incident, but it was definitely not Maldonado's fault this time given he was braking as hard as he could, obvious in the replays.

In the incident with Massa, Webber left the track and rejoined unsafely, scaring Massa into a spin. Regardless of how Mark ended up outside the track, he should have been more cautious rejoining. Exactly the same reasoning behind Maldonado's punishment in Valencia during the incident with Hamilton. Yet, it only took them a few seconds to announce no further action!

I agree, dodgy calls from the stewards. And like Massa shouted on the team radio, Webber left the track during that move, too.

Looks like RBR had a couple of Get Out Of Jail Free cards lying around.

myurr
myurr

andartop wrote:I don't get the stewards' decisions regarding Webber.

Webber had already lost out so they didn't think he needed to be punished further. Massa / Webber was a little more difficult as Massa didn't really give him room on the outside of the corner, so again racing incident albeit a little more Webber's fault.