2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
sknguy
sknguy

Re: 2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

bucker wrote:don't watch Abu Dhabi GP they said....
it'll be boring they said....
It certainly made me do a lot of face-palms. Kinda like a Bumper Car Grand Prix at Abu Dhabi :D.

FoxHound

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

clipsy1H wrote:edit2: right rear puncture ... superb!!!! this team :wtf: :roll:d
You blaming the team for the puncture?
JET set

beelsebob
beelsebob

rssh wrote:Lets agree to disagree on this one .
Well, while I can do that, I'd really love to see someone answer the question... Really, what about Vettel's drive today was in any way "great"? Can you point one thing out he did that was "great"?

beelsebob
beelsebob

NathanOlder wrote:I see Hamilton wrapped up the qualifying championship this weekend. Juast shows He's the fastest Guy over 1 lap.
To be honest, I think it shows that he's had a good car advantage for half the season, and while he was capitolising on it, his team was ruining it.

siskue2005

beelsebob wrote:
rssh wrote:Lets agree to disagree on this one .
Well, while I can do that, I'd really love to see someone answer the question... Really, what about Vettel's drive today was in any way "great"? Can you point one thing out he did that was "great"?
Well coming from pitlane to p3 maybe :?:

CHT
CHT

Poleman wrote:
myurr wrote:It's official. Hamilton just said that Vettel is the luckiest driver in formula one.
Just saw that...So its not just some Vettel "haters" and "idiots" in this forum that think that. =D>
Vettel is Lewis biggest menace In f1. He rob him the titles of being the youngest

ForMuLaOne
ForMuLaOne

Seems like now that Schumacher will leave the sport Vettel has to fight against misjudgements from some biased fans :D It is far easier to belong to the eight drivers who crashed today than to belong to the guys who stand at the podium. They are also Champions, as well as Button is. So what many of you do is to watch a picture and telling yourself it is a result of pure luck. But as we all probably know, the best pictures consist of many coats, most of them applied in an act of massive and precise work. If the vettel fans and their opponents both gave up their (biased) point of view and considered the possibility of a neutral interpretation of the race they would have to accept the fact that 4 seconds is less than the gap from pole position to a pit lane start. In conclusion: He did better than most, like one would expect from a two times world champion.

Cylinder
Cylinder

rssh wrote:
Cylinder wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:Hahaha, all the Alonso fans are crying luck luck etc etc
It was luck which also brought him so close to Wdc this year

Name me the top drivers Vettel overtook today, please......name these great overtakes during this amazing drive.
Seriously are you blind :mrgreen: didn't you see the overtake on Button on the outside .

This was the "Amazing overtake on button" where Vettel in faster car on new SOFT tyres struggled to pass Jenson Button on OLD MEDIUM tyres?

So we are counting that?

Let count the amazing overtakes he was doing on them Marussia's too then. :lol:

What a driver, Senna would be quaking in his boots if he was paired up with this kid.

clipsy1H

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

FoxHound wrote:
clipsy1H wrote:edit2: right rear puncture ... superb!!!! this team :wtf: :roll:d
You blaming the team for the puncture?
not for the puncture but for the races ..... after he change first time on options for few laps had no pace .... Nico was lucky today .... he get out of car.

BTW: how on Lotus coanda works so good? and on Mercedes doesn't bring anything.

jz11
jz11

rssh wrote:
Cylinder wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:Hahaha, all the Alonso fans are crying luck luck etc etc
It was luck which also brought him so close to Wdc this year

Name me the top drivers Vettel overtook today, please......name these great overtakes during this amazing drive.
Seriously are you blind :mrgreen: didn't you see the overtake on Button on the outside .

Webber and Perez made a move on the outside and crashed (webber twice).
the one with Massa was sketchy, but with Maldo you would expect that http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbivc ... 1_1280.jpg

andartop
andartop

Vettel's drive today was a "classic" Vettel drive: he did everything that was reasonably expected of him to do and capitalized on having the best car on the grid. His luck with the safety cars only cancelled out the "bad luck" of having to start from the pitlane. All in all, he would most likely still finish 3rd had he started the race from 3rd and everything gone "normal". So, thanks Seb for the entertainment!!!! :lol:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

FoxHound

stefan_ wrote:great and solid drive for him today, I think he is the strongest driver in the field at the moment, a complete driver: mature, skilled, very good physical and psychological. I was close to have a heart attack when I saw him closing the gap to Kimi.
It was good to see him sliding the tail of that Ferrari out a fair few times. There was a moment 1 lap from the end where Alonso had snap oversteer while being a few inches from the wall, great to see him going 110%.
Allied to this, his move on Webber was also great...sized him up and nailed him in the crunch corner, exquisite move.
JET set

raymondu999

NathanOlder wrote:I see Hamilton wrapped up the qualifying championship this weekend. Juast shows He's the fastest Guy over 1 lap.
Good catch Nate. Didn't notice that earlier.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

stefan_
stefan_

FoxHound wrote:
stefan_ wrote:great and solid drive for him today, I think he is the strongest driver in the field at the moment, a complete driver: mature, skilled, very good physical and psychological. I was close to have a heart attack when I saw him closing the gap to Kimi.
It was good to see him sliding the tail of that Ferrari out a fair few times. There was a moment 1 lap from the end where Alonso had snap oversteer while being a few inches from the wall, great to see him going 110%.
Allied to this, his move on Webber was also great...sized him up and nailed him in the crunch corner, exquisite move.
He drove the wheels off that Ferrari today, brilliant performance. If the race was 1 lap longer and he got into the DRS zone, I am not sure that Kimi would have won this.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Bomber_Pilot

In the post race interviews Hamilton, Button and Whitmarsh all agree with 90% of posts on this forum regarding Vettel today...