Red Bull RB8 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Blanchimont
Blanchimont

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

If you look carefully at the picture showing the front wing load test, you can see the adapter for the 50mm diameter ram between the feet of the ferrari guy on the left.

Do we know what material this adapter is made of?
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

aral
aral

Blanchimont wrote:If you look carefully at the picture showing the front wing load test, you can see the adapter for the 50mm diameter ram between the feet of the ferrari guy on the left.

Do we know what material this adapter is made of?
Rubber??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

Sure about that?

Maybe it's made of dark matter? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

stefan_
stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

aleks_ader

Stefan if i could add some nice pic of mechanic work on the rear wig (DDRS)...

EDIT: Thursday
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Forza

US GP FP1 & FP2
Last edited by Forza on 16 Nov 2012, 23:07, edited 1 time in total.

aral
aral

aleksandergreat wrote:Stefan if i could add some nice pic of mechanic work on the rear wig (DDRS)...
Who is wearing a WIG? :shock: :shock: :shock:

RickRick
RickRick

did anyone notice the plume of dust being thrown upwards from the rear wing of the red bull as it came into the pits after it's out lap in p1, i think it was vettle, just after he passed over the blue painted area, he must have been doing less than 40 mph, but it threw a good plume of dust up, i suprised at the amount, at that low speed, the back of that car must be working so well at the moment

wesley123
wesley123

New vertical extensions on the rear wing.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

FoxHound

This may have been covered before, but why is the RB8 leaking like a sieve?
JET set

Forza

F1 US GP - Friday Free Practice
Last edited by Forza on 17 Nov 2012, 04:41, edited 1 time in total.

agungn51

Cam wrote:I have been reading on certain sites that the Red Bull nose cone may in fact be made from D3O. This sounds plausible as D3O have ties to Red Bull through certain sports and a quick look their media sites shows references to Red Bull, however not specifically the F1 team. Perhaps worth a deeper look?
D3O materials in their raw state flow freely when moved slowly, but on shock, lock together to absorb and disperse energy, before instantly returning to their flexible state.

This unique characteristic provides enhanced protection, while providing a versatile and flexible material that can be manufactured for a host of impact protective applications.

We manufacture this raw substance into practical functionality, as both a foam and non-foam material. The technology allows freedom of movement for the user with no compromise in comfort or protection.

As the material’s molecules lock, D3O disperses the force of impact, drastically reducing its effect and
minimising the risk of injury or equipment damage.

further info here
it could be this material on RB8

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5_n6bOu ... mwDvY6g6dk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWk3adcP ... ure=relmfu[/youtube]

http://www.allsportprotection.com/What_ ... _s/670.htm

http://digitaljournal.com/article/268309
" Many inventors achieve great success, because they treat inventing like a serious busines - Inventing is often the easy part; the trick is to know what needs to be invented "

tok-tokkie
tok-tokkie

This picture posted by Forza shows really dramatuc camber setting of the front wheels. It is the reverse of what I expected as the suspension will rise under cornering load so the tire would run even more on the inside edge giving even less tread contact with the track surface. I appreciate that body roll would give more tread contact. Can anyone explain it to me?

raymondu999

You'd run camber to optimise your contact patch on the outside tyre rather than the inside - especially as weight transfer would put the vertical load on the outside tyre anyways.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

scarlet
scarlet

All teams run camber like that. Red Bull often run the most though because the car can obviously cope with higher cornering g forces/roll than any of the others, and so requires more camber at maximum load to maintain the optimum contact patch.