Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
alogoc
alogoc

Re: Ferrari F2012

gilgen wrote:
froggy wrote:looks oddly familiar to the famous Hungary end plates
Yes. They are the same.
very very different!

THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

McMrocks
McMrocks

at Hungary we could see only 2 slots. Don't know why some think it is the same endplate

wesley123
wesley123

Because they ran multiple versions in Hungary. And you now take the one they ran in the race as the one used on both cars for the whole weekend.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

banibhusan

As expected, they are struggling to nail the S3 where RB seem to have an upper hand on the Ferrari. On S1 and S2, Ferrari is almost there.

McMrocks
McMrocks

wesley123 wrote:Because they ran multiple versions in Hungary. And you now take the one they ran in the race as the one used on both cars for the whole weekend.
ah ok. sorry

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

f300v10 wrote:Notice one car running a new diffuser, different than the India/AbuDabi model. The top one is the newest, with a squared off end to the Gurney flaps, while on the India model the Gurneys flow around the edge.
New:

Older:
Indeed that was the first thing that caught my eye.

Forza

US GP - Friday Free practice

jonaliew
jonaliew

Fernando Alonso - 3rd/3rd: "It's no surprise to see the two Red Bulls ahead of the field: in the last few races they have had the best package, therefore today's result is logical. We know what are our strengths - team work and reliability – and we will make the most of them in the fight. The updates we have brought here seem to work, but we still need to look more closely at the data before having a definite answer. I am happy about this, but it's also true that while we are making small steps forward with each passing race, so too are the others, so the distance between us remains unchanged."

Pat Fry: "We got through almost all our planned programme, which is always a good way to start a race weekend. We had some aerodynamic components to try and the first signs seem positive, but we will have to evaluate the data carefully, before making choices for qualifying and the race."
I hope this round our updates were working. 7/10 down. I hope it was just due to us running our own program.

seinfeld
seinfeld

that diffuser is looking very double deck diffuser- ish

Spankyham

The changes spotted so far, in the end, are not "game changers". The F2012 is not (and never was IMO) going to suddenly become 7 or 8 tenths relatively faster. But, for the last third of the season I haven't thought it needed to. The car is plenty good enough to win with, of course working on the little bits and pieces the team can find to get them a tenth here and a tenth there.

The script will be the same here, we will be obviously slower in Q and on pace in the race. If I'm right, its down to the driver and the team, and I think those 2 additives to the F2012 will give in an edge :)
"He was the fastest driver I ever saw - faster even than Fangio"
_______________________________- Mike Hawthorn on Alberto Ascari

Huntresa
Huntresa

seinfeld wrote:that diffuser is looking very double deck diffuser- ish
Far from a double decker.

Crabbia
Crabbia

alessio wrote: Image
In this pic has anyone else seen the second vertical fin coming down off the end plate is bent.

Is this intentional and if so what could be the purpose?

Carbon composites don't usually bend, they break, so it leads me to think it is intentional but I haven't seen the opposite side to see if it is the same and therefore intentional.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

Nando
Nando

When did they get the 6-element front wing?
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

aral
aral

Nando wrote:When did they get the 6-element front wing?
They had it in Abu. Not sure about India. It is really ridiculous. Who will come out with a 7 decker, or even an 8 decker?

diffuser

gilgen wrote:
Nando wrote:When did they get the 6-element front wing?
They had it in Abu. Not sure about India. It is really ridiculous. Who will come out with a 7 decker, or even an 8 decker?
Don't be ridiculous Balki... So if a 40 decker generated double the downforce, you wouldn't use it? If it works and meets the regs, who cares!

Looks about as ridiculous as all those boxes and rectangles on the front RB and McLaren wings.