Mercedes AMG F1 W04

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Anon123
Anon123

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W04

I'm sure Brawn said that the car has so far performed very closely to what the simulator/wind tunnel data predicted. Which seems promising considering his comments about how much time had been found at the end of December.

andrewf1

Mika1 wrote:Steffen Vogels ‏@MercedesAMGSpy
Brawn: we will test all the exhaust versions, even the one we used last year. At the moment the RBR exhaust solution is in our CFD-simulator
That translation is not actually correct, nor fair. The german quote translates into -

Brawn: we will test and compare different versions of the current solution and compare them to the one we used last year, using it as a reference. We've also looked into the red-bull version, though at the moment only as a CFD-simulation.

perfectly fine strategy in my opinion.

MercedesAMG
MercedesAMG

andrewf1 wrote: Brawn:
we will test and compare different versions of the current solution and compare them to the one we used last year, using it as a reference. We've also looked into the red-bull version, though at the moment only as a CFD-simulation.
This is the right translation of Brawn's statement in AMuS.

windtravels
windtravels

andrewf1 wrote:
Mika1 wrote:Steffen Vogels ‏@MercedesAMGSpy
Brawn: we will test all the exhaust versions, even the one we used last year. At the moment the RBR exhaust solution is in our CFD-simulator
That translation is not actually correct, nor fair. The german quote translates into -

Brawn: we will test and compare different versions of the current solution and compare them to the one we used last year, using it as a reference. We've also looked into the red-bull version, though at the moment only as a CFD-simulation.

perfectly fine strategy in my opinion.
Thanks for that. Seems far more logical and what we should expect.

liveforf1
liveforf1

I've read all the posts and have been following team news and twitter. My overall feeling is that the team is cautiously optimistic. Rosberg for one is very positive about the car. He specifically said the Ferrari "times don't worry me". I think Ross has been saying the numbers are positive and they are able to verify them in the wind tunnel. I think they are taking a deliberate approach,as well they should, to adding parts and bits to the car. the article quoted above shows a direct comparison image between last years car and this year. it looks very different to me. tidier more refined. the rear wing looks to be exactly the same and i can't help thinking this is gonna change.

MercedesAMG
MercedesAMG

The Rear Wing looks the same all over the years.

The only important thing MAMG says is that the car did what they(the wind tunnel) expected. The rest are vacuous words.

Glyn
Glyn

richard_leeds wrote:It's all pretty much speculation. Far too early to say they are repeating last year's mistake. Far too early to claim a 2 second gain. All we know is that they have a car with 4 wheels that goes around a track.
It didn't even do that..... !

spadeflush

Glyn wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:It's all pretty much speculation. Far too early to say they are repeating last year's mistake. Far too early to claim a 2 second gain. All we know is that they have a car with 4 wheels that goes around a track.
It didn't even do that..... !
That's a bit harsh. They had 2 very good days after the issues. Everything's speculation at this time of the year. There's no harm in being optimistic, but with this team it has its drawbacks. Reality is, for now we know the car has some positives and the rate at which they update it will determine where they stand. I expect a few bits at the rear in the second test and melbourne spec package in the 3rd test.
Forza Michael. Forza Jules

DAMNINice

barcelona Pictures:

REal men play with twins!

andrewf1

Mika1
Mika1

The boss follows me on twitter.

Morteza

andrewf1 wrote:Image
Is it me or they are using Williams style brake ducts?
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Mika1
Mika1

That's correct. Auto Motor und Sport reported that in their technical analysis.
The boss follows me on twitter.

elf341
elf341

Excellent - they have pitot-tube sensors on the car (rear wing)

beelsebob
beelsebob

Pretty significant update to the exhaust area there, hopefully that will sort the overheating issue there.