Red Bull RB9 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
DarkJRO

Re: Red Bull RB9 Renault

zioture wrote:This red bull nose is broken in some places because of its flexibility?
could be so, but i keep asking myself there this nose comes from today!? i mean its shape doesn't fit to the RB9, neither does the livery (upper stripe on the side is blue, not the new "whateveryouwanttocallit"-purple). so can anyone explain what they have done with this nose today?
Greetings
Dark JRO

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Just looks like it's had a bump.

An old RB8 nose anyway I think. From testing.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

Owen.C93 wrote:Just looks like it's had a bump.

Funny thing is, comparing the pic of the isolated nose and the .gif of the flexing RB8 nose, it doesn't look like it matches up either. The busted nose is almost like an RB7 or even RB6 nose.

But, it may very well be a nose made before the changes in livery. Either way, interesting to see the stresses on the nose.

Testarossa2012
Testarossa2012

Front wing from Jerez test:

Front wing comparison:

http://www.testarossa-photo.es/2013-fro ... omparison/

And a shot of Vettel:

Sebastien Vettel (Red Bull) por Testarossa-photo.es, en Flickr

Joie de vivre

the redbull nosecone looks like the only one capable of flexing. i wonder why other teams don't try to copy that

Nando
Nando

Owen.C93 wrote:Just looks like it's had a bump.

Looks like an RB6 nose without the front mounted camera.

"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

irang
irang

It has to be from RB7/8/9 with the Pirelli and Infiniti logo on it. There were just a handful of races where the camera housing wasn't attached to the nose cone in the last few years, afaik. Never during the winter test - I mean no picture evidence, 8-9 races in the first half of the last season are all I can remember. But the nose in the picture doesn't have the distinct shape of RB8's stepped nose, plus they removed the nose tip hole from 2012 onward. No way it's from RB9 - no purple, no stepped nose, a different colored Infiniti logo and so on. I'm thinking maybe it's from one of their showrun cars, though I can't find any pic that shows such way of camera housing.

aral
aral

irang wrote:It has to be from RB7/8/9 with the Pirelli and Infiniti logo on it. There were just a handful of races where the camera housing wasn't attached to the nose cone in the last few years, afaik. Never during the winter test - I mean no picture evidence, 8-9 races in the first half of the last season are all I can remember. But the nose in the picture doesn't have the distinct shape of RB8's stepped nose, plus they removed the nose tip hole from 2012 onward. No way it's from RB9 - no purple, no stepped nose, a different colored Infiniti logo and so on. I'm thinking maybe it's from one of their showrun cars, though I can't find any pic that shows such way of camera housing.
What does it matter? The nose has no wing attached and is from an old car, full stop. Nothing to do with the RB9, unless they fit it to the tub whilst it is in transit. That would explain the unusual pattern of damage.

Now, can we get back to the RB9.....PLEASE! :evil: :evil:

irang
irang

gilgen wrote:What does it matter? The nose has no wing attached and is from an old car, full stop. Nothing to do with the RB9, unless they fit it to the tub whilst it is in transit. That would explain the unusual pattern of damage.

Now, can we get back to the RB9.....PLEASE! :evil: :evil:
I just shared my opinion, since the picture is put on a few F1 related websites as if the team tested the nose this week and forum members were discussing what it was. For the record, I don't think it matters, either.

triart3d
triart3d

Must read:
http://m.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel ... 67636.html

(web translated)

New engine rules since August, 2012

The control guardians were of the opinion that Red Bull and Renault with this engine program about the purpose were fired out. Because it did not correspond to the mind of the regulation. Therefore, the technical directive Nr.19 was sent 24th August to all teams, the creative Mapping adaptations a bolt pushed forward.

From 6,000 / min to full power may deviate the ignition corner no more as 2.5 percent and the torque curve no more as two percent from authoritative software. For this standard of comparison the engine manufacturers might select to themselves the identity fields which they had used with one of the first four runnings of the season 2012.

Renault believed in new start
It was unclear which graduation should count to 2013. Does the authoritative software stay the same or may the teams at seasonal beginning fix a new base? Then Red Bull could have fetched back theoretically the squat home-identity field. The statements in addition were totally contradicting.

Ferrari-engine boss Luca Marmorini explained: ' Everything remains with the old person. It are worth the 2012th regulations. Therefore, nothing will change in the effect of the exhaust for the aerodynamics. ' Colleague Taffin von Renault was there of quite different opinion: ' For us it goes off again from the front. We fix a new reference in Melbourne. The directive referred exclusively to the last year. '

FIA decides: 2012 rules remains valid

On inquiry with the FIA one says: It is worth the technical directive Nr.19 of 2012. Renault must rethink. The French became obvious distrustfully and have asked in the evening of the third test day even with the FIA inspectors in Barcelona. They will not have liked the answer. It is to be assumed from the fact that Renault has already tested new identity fields to optimize the exhaust effect on the aerodynamics. One can wrap up that now again.

Mercedes-team boss Ross Brawn can understand that with Red Bull and lotus no joy arises. ' Their exhaust solution was presumably developed from that point of view that one has more freedoms with the identity fields. The exhaust solution of Red Bull and lotus is critical in the towed company of the engine because there the exhaust blows less and also can contribute less to the Anpressdruck what means that one depends more on the bottleneck. '

' However, the bottleneck is coined with Red Bull and lotus because of the ramp behind the Endrohren less strongly. Therefore, this exhaust variation at the curve entrance has a disadvantage compared with the solution as it has invented mcLaren and which everything are followed up to Red Bull and lotus. It can already be that one wanted to compensate for the problem by a clever engine control. '

Renault was using a new map using a new max torque for 2013.

gandharva

triart3d wrote:Renault was using a new map using a new max torque for 2013.
Only rumors. AMUS is only speculating that Renault could have tested new mappings... Imho just some "blablah" to fill the gap between the tests.

Huntresa
Huntresa

And it was banned or what? The weird translation makes it hard to get a grip of the article.
Last edited by Richard on 25 Feb 2013, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Shortened long quote

triart3d
triart3d

what i read:
Renault thinks in 2013, a new reference map will be used (and tested new ones inBarcelona) but FIA say In 2013, teams must use the same reference maps of 2012, not one new.

Neno
Neno

triart3d wrote:what i read:
Renault thinks in 2013, a new reference map will be used (and tested new ones inBarcelona) but FIA say In 2013, teams must use the same reference maps of 2012, not one new.
how much banning new maps can hurt Red Bull and Lotus? On Red Bull performances from Hockenhaim last year when they need to revert on old maps ,it didnt hurt them much, which is weird because they only get better later. Is it same this year? Or in Red Bull and Lotus just tried try their luck with new maps just for case it they pass in FIA?

thisisatest
thisisatest

It would just suck if rb wasted a bunch of testing time trying out different maps, or designing the rear end expecting some different exhaust energy levels, only to find out they were mistaken now.