McLaren MP4-28 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

Re: McLaren MP4-28 Mercedes

@Coefficient

Thanks for the reply :D I read some sources that teams like Mercedes and Ferrari are stealing Mclaren's best engineers, because they are paying better wages. So you think that Mclaren will remain on top even if Lowe leaves for Mercedes. What do you heard about the wind tunnel? I heard something about a wind tunnel of the new Mclaren Applied Technology Center, but the work has been delayed.

flynfrog

mclaren_mircea wrote:@Coefficient

Thanks for the reply :D I read some sources that teams like Mercedes and Ferrari are stealing Mclaren's best engineers, because they are paying better wages. So you think that Mclaren will remain on top even if Lowe leaves for Mercedes. What do you heard about the wind tunnel? I heard something about a wind tunnel of the new Mclaren Applied Technology Center, but the work has been delayed.
Please try to keep the threads on task an technical. This thread is about the MP4-28 Not the wages paid to the engineers.

CjC
CjC

anybody got this pic in a higher res?

http://cdn.f1zone.net/news/wp-content/u ... P4-281.jpg
Just a fan's point of view

Blackout

I posted it few pages ago

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

CjC
CjC

cheers lads, I knew i'd seen it before, just couldnt remember where

Coefficient
Coefficient

mclaren_mircea wrote:@Coefficient

Remember, McLaren lost Newey and got better. The new underground tunnel was delayed whilst they sought planning permission but it's going ahead now that the local council are satisfied that it won't spoil the landscape.
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

hollus

Gentlemen, this if THE CAR thread!
Rivals, not enemies.

sirexilon
sirexilon

zonk wrote:first: it should go to car comparison topic.
second: thing about coanda effect is the fluids stick to the surface.
third: +1 for the try
I Understand the principle of the coanda effect, and the idea behind it for watching videos and reading most of you guys.
I was just trying to show how different they point the coanda channel? if it should be called that. So I guess everybody is trying to point it to go down to the floor in a different area of it. With RB going to the inside?

Thanks for the +1 ;-)

My idea was to share with the McLaren guys ;-)
Life long F1 fan. Always learning about all the tech around my favorite sport.

http://www.facebook.com/f1myway

KingHamilton01

Does anyone know anymore information on the package McLaren are bringing to the car for this week`s test? Ive heard a lot of rumour`s about them bringing a multi-element front wing? would this work better for them now given the car has a higher nose and better airflow underneath?
McLaren Mercedes

Thunder

I just know AMuS said they will bring a new Front Wing to Barcelona.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Jackles-UK

Wouldn't surprise me to see an all new FW, the current one has been around (given the odd tweak & upgrade here and there) since the MP4-25 and given the huge design changes in the cars since then i'd say they would be due a new wing. Also I expect a new exhaust housing/ramp set up like they did in last years final test along with a few other bits here and there (flow conditioners re-added etc).

CjC
CjC

Jackles-UK wrote:Wouldn't surprise me to see an all new FW, the current one has been around (given the odd tweak & upgrade here and there) since the MP4-25 and given the huge design changes in the cars since then i'd say they would be due a new wing. Also I expect a new exhaust housing/ramp set up like they did in last years final test along with a few other bits here and there (flow conditioners re-added etc).
Isnt the front wing that they have been testing with, the new philosophy they have been using since the Us Gp 2012?

I have also heard that they will be bring a new front wing design to the up coming test, hopefully we'll see afew more changes too, I agree the area around the exhaust does look like it could be easily changed at some point

stefan_
stefan_

Matt Somerfield ‏@SomersF1

McLaren MP4/28 driven by @SChecoPerez with a new set of Sidepod Wings/Slats (these don't join to the outer edge)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Blackout

and single undernose fins instead of 'three' on each side