Red Bull RB9 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
RB7ate9
RB7ate9

Re: Red Bull RB9 Renault

RicerDude wrote:https://twitter.com/ScarbsF1/status/308 ... 36/photo/1

Are they different RW endplates on each side?
Yes. Left side is flat horizontal, right side has some sweep to it. I'm curious as to how they obtain data from it (perhaps with cameras to examine the vortices?)

Forza

McG

wesley123 wrote:
Was it disallowed?
Ugh you're annoying. Yes it was.
Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

aral
aral

RB7ate9 wrote:

Yes. Left side is flat horizontal, right side has some sweep to it. I'm curious as to how they obtain data from it (perhaps with cameras to examine the vortices?)
And look at the bottom. Right hand is louvered whilst left hand has a single vane. Or am i seeing wrong?

Rikhart
Rikhart

gilgen wrote:
RB7ate9 wrote:

And look at the bottom. Right hand is louvered whilst left hand has a single vane. Or am i seeing wrong?
The left hand side doesnt have a vane, its a mounting for the huge sensor array behind the diffuser.

wesley123
wesley123

McG wrote: Ugh you're annoying. Yes it was.
Uhhm nope, it was never disallowed nor did anyone within F1. The Red Bull also never failed pre or post race inspection, so yes it is legal.

And annoying? Why? Because I asked about something obvious that has been discussed so many times before? Seriously, I ask an question in return to state you the obvious, because if it was illegal it wasnt raced. :wink:
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

beelsebob
beelsebob

McG wrote:Ugh you're annoying. Yes it was.
At no point did the FIA rule on the legality or illegality of RedBull's broken nose. However, the car did complete a race like that and was not ruled illegal, so that rather suggests that if it wasn't damage, it was legal ;)

aral
aral

beelsebob wrote:
McG wrote:Ugh you're annoying. Yes it was.
At no point did the FIA rule on the legality or illegality of RedBull's broken nose. However, the car did complete a race like that and was not ruled illegal, so that rather suggests that if it wasn't damage, it was legal ;)
I seem to remember that the FIA in fact stated that there was nothing wrong with the flexible skin on the nose. But it should be remembered that the camera mounting was damaged, and the mechanics were holding the nose by the mounts. These gave the appearance that there was considerably flexing of the nose cone, when in fact, it was only movement of the mounts that was visible.

This is all old "news" and has been dealt with. Nothing at all to do with the RB9!

rayden
rayden

McG wrote:
wesley123 wrote:
McG wrote:
Was it disallowed?
Ugh you're annoying. Yes it was.
The nose was broken, it wasn't made of rubber or flexing or whatever.

This was put to bed last season.

Maxion
Maxion

As seen in SkySports Ted's Notebook Day 4 from the last test in Barcelona, Red Bull seems to be employing a system with two laser beams and a camera to monitor flex on their front wing end-plates. So it looks like even with the new tests for stiffness red bull are wanting to have some flex in the wing.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula1/video/12870/8539243

Rikhart
Rikhart

Maxion wrote:As seen in SkySports Ted's Notebook Day 4 from the last test in Barcelona, Red Bull seems to be employing a system with two laser beams and a camera to monitor flex on their front wing end-plates. So it looks like even with the new tests for stiffness red bull are wanting to have some flex in the wing.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula1/video/12870/8539243
And they have it already, I saw the front wing oscillating all over the place when going over the chicane, very similar to last year.

cemax
cemax

raymondu999

Been there for several years now
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Blackout

A nice shot

Juzh

Why is the marked feature only on one side of the car and not on both? And what exactly is it for?