Williams FW35 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
wesley123
wesley123

Re: Williams FW35 Renault

Owen.C93 wrote:
wesley123 wrote:
CottrellGP wrote:
You sure the IRBR is blowing the starter hole? the latest picture i seen you could see the starter hole
they do
Not directly. They exit around and below the gearbox.
True, they dont blow it directly anymore, but the starter hole is visible and the exit is aimed towards that.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

No doubt.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

drunkmunky
drunkmunky

That is incorrect.

IRBR blow their starter hole. It is lotus that blows the diffuser through a hole below the starter hole.

Williams has done no modification to its starter hole, as such, I do not believe they are blowing it from the tunnel.

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

drunkmunky wrote:That is incorrect.

IRBR blow their starter hole. It is lotus that blows the diffuser through a hole below the starter hole.

Williams has done no modification to its starter hole, as such, I do not believe they are blowing it from the tunnel.
Again, not directly. Early RB tunnel had a duct that fed directly to the starter motor hole. Now they just exit the tunnel air around the gearbox and leave the starter hole open to all air that may be around there.

I'm not sure what hole below the starter motor hole you are referring to.

drunkmunky
drunkmunky

So you agree that IRBR is blowing the starter hole, but not directly. So isn't that blowing the starter hole?

I'm not sure what kind of point you're trying to make.

If you don't know what I'm talking about with the Lotus, please go to the Lotus thread. New images have been posted that show what I'm talking about.

Sevach
Sevach

Matt Somers wrote:
McLaren ran it until they went to the Sidepod WIngs last year, some races it was there others it was absent, it is forward on the rad.
The 2011 L pods car didn't feature that, i didn't remember that they put it back on the 2012.

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

drunkmunky wrote:So you agree that IRBR is blowing the starter hole, but not directly. So isn't that blowing the starter hole?

If you don't know what I'm talking about with the Lotus, please go to the Lotus thread. New images have been posted that show what I'm talking about.
So what was you saying was "incorrect"?

drunkmunky
drunkmunky

Owen.C93 wrote:
drunkmunky wrote:So you agree that IRBR is blowing the starter hole, but not directly. So isn't that blowing the starter hole?

What? that makes no sense?

attnirvana
attnirvana

Ithink this car is winner,because the Williams boys made this car on border of the rules. Make a car on the limit isn't sinonimous of championships and wins but if the innovations works good, not dude, this car is winner, remember that Williams was sinonimous of innovations in the 90's

Regards :D
The second s the first ofthe loosers...-Ayrton Senna-

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

drunkmunky wrote:
Owen.C93 wrote:

What? that makes no sense?
You don't understand? Don't worry about it buddy, it's off topic anyway.

Neno
Neno

attnirvana wrote:Ithink this car is winner,because the Williams boys made this car on border of the rules. Make a car on the limit isn't sinonimous of championships and wins but if the innovations works good, not dude, this car is winner, remember that Williams was sinonimous of innovations in the 90's

Regards :D
Well Williams and Sauber have completley new cars this season, so i could say their potential is greater then someothers, Williams tehnology around small gearbox with Red Bull ramp exaust could provide significant progress just in that area. It's a new car, Maldonado seems optimistic, and i think real race is Sauber for them in beggining, if they deliver that progress i wouldnt write them off for couple of podiums fight if they can devolop car trough season.

Sevach
Sevach

Williams is one of the teams that didn't show their cards, i hope their hand is a good one.

axle
axle

Sevach wrote:Williams is one of the teams that didn't show their cards, i hope their hand is a good one.
Agreed. They were clearly on a programme that didn't involve low fuel runs. I too hope they have been keeping their powder dry and will be in Q3 in Melbourne.

If they can further optimise the new ramps and the side pods for the opener that would be an awesome effort...
- Axle

Sevach
Sevach

Yes, i think this exhaust concept has more development potential than the Mclaren style, Redbull fiddled with it constantly.

wesley123
wesley123

Sevach wrote:Yes, i think this exhaust concept has more development potential than the Mclaren style, Redbull fiddled with it constantly.
Rather gives the suggestion that it is complicated to get right rather than "more development potential", certainly if you noticed Red Bulls struggle with it
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender