Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CHT
CHT

Re: Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 2013

Hail22 wrote:
CHT wrote:Just read that Vodafone will quit f1 sponsorship will mclaren. Which is around 75m per year.
Do you have a link to the source article that you have read? unless its hard copy of course.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/8b721f72-8bfb ... abdc0.html

wunderkind
wunderkind

CHT wrote:
Hail22 wrote:
CHT wrote:Just read that Vodafone will quit f1 sponsorship will mclaren. Which is around 75m per year.
Do you have a link to the source article that you have read? unless its hard copy of course.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/8b721f72-8bfb ... abdc0.html
This would be sad indeed. The Vodafone-McLaren-Mercedes color scheme has been the prettiest on the grid since its inception.

KATO

New sponsor new scheme....... Honestly would hate to see it go but a new sponsor would see those colours as to closely linked to Vodaphone and would rather have a differen Color to it. But I can only hope they keep the silver paint!!
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

CHT
CHT

KATO wrote:New sponsor new scheme....... Honestly would hate to see it go but a new sponsor would see those colours as to closely linked to Vodaphone and would rather have a differen Color to it. But I can only hope they keep the silver paint!!

Telemex

ScottB
ScottB

KATO wrote:New sponsor new scheme....... Honestly would hate to see it go but a new sponsor would see those colours as to closely linked to Vodaphone and would rather have a differen Color to it. But I can only hope they keep the silver paint!!
The current colourscheme predated Vodaphone, I'd imagine that the silver will likely stay, with the red changing if appropriate...

beelsebob
beelsebob

ScottB wrote:
The current colourscheme predated Vodaphone, I'd imagine that the silver will likely stay, with the red changing if appropriate...
The silver will stay exactly as long as Mercedes do. Hopefully after that we can get McLaren orange back!

CHT
CHT

ScottB wrote:
I think Mclaren will ditch the silver color and adopt the orange shade which they use for the road cars.

turbof1

The orange hardly works with any other color scheme. If there will be orange, it will most likely not be "mclaren" orange.
#AeroFrodo

Avocado
Avocado

KATO wrote:I can only hope they keep the silver paint!!
ScottB wrote:silver will likely stay
CHT wrote:I think Mclaren will ditch the silver color
beelsebob wrote:The silver will stay exactly as long as Mercedes do.
1. Chrome =/= silver
2. Mercedes has nothing to do with chrome livery

Mercedes = silver
McLaren = chrome

Gridlock

Vodafone are going to redirect the money into "global brand spend", whch is code for "please stop spelling it vodaphone".

Richard
Richard

This is getting interesting, hopefully McLaren have been reading the signals for long before we've known about it. Whitmarsh and Dennis have a few juicy issues in their in tray:

- Withdrawl of both title sponsors in 2 years (ie Merc and Vodafone)
- Loss of WDC (hence advertising and chances of future wins)
- New engine supplier
- Parent group distracted by new road car

I see it as a mix of huge opportunities and huge risks, all organisations have to reinvent or they stagnate, but reinvention exposes them to the risk of getting it wrong.

Shakeman

What really happens at a McLaren Car launch.

http://sniffpetrol.com/2013/01/31/live- ... en-launch/

CjC
CjC

New colour scheme will be white and read. Mclaren Honda

I hope they don't drop the chrome, in 06 wasn't it chrome, black for jhonny walker and abit of read for fly emerates?

There'll be loads of speculation about the new sponsor, I heard last year that Vodafone will pull out and coca-cola will sponsor them but since I've read that coke are sponsoring lotus via an energy drink
Just a fan's point of view

Pup
Pup

White and Red was Marlboro, not Honda, though the colors obviously fit both. They could still go with it, assuming Claro become the title sponsor (more likely than TelMex, imo).
Last edited by Pup on 14 Mar 2013, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.

RicerDude

I always thought the chrome was part of the Vodafone sponsorship?