Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
stefan_
stefan_

Re: Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 2013

I thought that the silver/chrome was supposed to resemble in a way the "silver arrows" since McLaren were the "factory team" of Mercedes until the appearance of "Mercedes GP".

The next years will be interesting.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Pup
Pup

They ran for two years under Mercedes with the Red/White Marlboro colors. They switched to Silver and Black when West came on board. Of course, like the Marlboro/Honda colors, the silver and black worked perfectly with Mercedes as well. The silver was changed to chrome a year before Vodafone, and when they arrived the black was changed to rocket red - a livery which was later adopted by Vodafone in other series.

Since McLaren have adopted rocket red as their race team color, I think it's pretty much a given that it will remain. It's an easy fit with Claro, so if Carlos Slim does send a check their way, I doubt we'll see much change in the livery at all - just swapping out the Vodaphone swoosh with the Claro dot, and smaller Telcel and Telmex logos elsewhere.

CjC
CjC

http://www.f1zone.net/news/vodafone-con ... xit/18060/

This suggests that Mclaren already have a new sponsor waiting in the wings?

'While the current title partnership is in place with Vodafone, McLaren will not disclose its new title partnership, but will make an exciting announcement on 2nd December 2013, following the last Grand Prix of the season.'
Just a fan's point of view

Holm86

TelMex is Sauber sponsor right?? But dont know for how long.

TelMex McLaren Mercedes for 2014 TelMex McLaren Honda for 2015?

Or could it perhaps be CocaCola?? As there was much talks about last year. Then the red would stay for sure at least.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

TelMex is with Sauber but not as a title sponsor, so they could also partner up with McLaren or whoever else they wish. Just as Santander is with McLaren and Ferrari.

And if TelMex does go with McLaren, that might mean that Perez will be there for the long term (3-4 years).
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Gridlock

My money's on GlaxoSmithKline Etc to step up.

Niquitin Mclaren Honda :twisted:

Pup
Pup

mx_tifoso wrote:TelMex is with Sauber but not as a title sponsor, so they could also partner up with McLaren or whoever else they wish. Just as Santander is with McLaren and Ferrari.

And if TelMex does go with McLaren, that might mean that Perez will be there for the long term (3-4 years).
Telmex does sponsor Perez, but they are a smaller subsidiary of Slim's main company with no presence outside of Mexico. I don't think it's really a growth company either, since they deal in landline service. IMO, it's unlikely that Slim would pay for their branding as a title sponsor. His larger companies are Claro and Telcel. Claro, in particular, has a presence throughout Central and South America; and if he were to expand elsewhere, that seems most likely the brand he would use.

GSK could just as easily be the one. I've heard Rolex mentioned also, but that seems more far fetched.

raymondu999

Tag Heuer has just extended its agreement with McLaren to also include McLaren automotive, so I thnk that blows Rolex out of contention.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Pup
Pup

That's what I meant - the small issue of TAG owning part of McLaren.

Dyanxx
Dyanxx

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W04

Martin Whitmarsh just admitted that Mclaren are struggling, not good news..

Drewd11
Drewd11

Yeah. The prophetic Scarbs portion of Peters webcast yesterday where he predicted that McLaren would be held up in adjusting their suspension because of the packaging problems inherent in the lower pull-rod configurations: Perez has been on the lifts now while they fiddle with what looks a lot like suspension settings on the front of that car for more than 25 mins now.

munudeges
munudeges

It's incredibly poor to be that far off, and to talk about 'development potential' from that position is pretty desperate to be honest. A good car might be off the pace but not over two seconds off even if it is practice.

gray41

Don't think it could have gone much worse.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

KATO

gray41 wrote:Don't think it could have gone much worse.

Not worse no because running with the Midfield Team is pretty much the worst a Top team can do.
Button is consistently .250 to .750 tenths faster then Perez or am I incorrect anyways he's faster but Jenson is still not where you want him to be.

Only good thing is They aren't kidding them selves and admitting they have problems and need to fix them.
It's good they are focusing all of their attention in setting up the car the quickest possible to maximise what they have.
I hate to see Witmarsh Gamble start off like the 2012 Ferrari.

Maybe pullrod isn't the best as it strains the tires a little bit more and compared to the other cars causes slightly more tire degradation. But if any two drivers could cope with that better it woul be these two.

Let's see if maybe both our boys can do a one stop strategy...... Haha and despite starting maybe not so great win good points... I really hope they maximise the points we need to wait and hope the Engineers figure it out. Right now it's upto them and how fast the Mechanics can change things up tune things and how reliable and well tuned the drivers (Pérez) are at feedback we know Button will give them great intel.

McLaren is lucky both drivers are good with tires and some what similar tho Button is more technical and Sergio besides being more 'raw' is also more aggressive on his cornering approach tho still within the style of driving that is good tire management like Button...... Right now I really hope the boys manage a stronger race pace then perhaps quali speed...
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

CjC
CjC

It's just the body blow I'm used as a mclaren fan
Just a fan's point of view