2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Vasconia

Re: 2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

Pole:

1. Vettel
2. Hamilton
3. Alonso
4. Rosberg
5. Raikkonen
6. Webber
7. Massa
8. Grosjean
9. Hulkenberg
10. Sutil

Race:

1. Raikkonen
2. Alonso
3. Hamilton
4. Vettel
5. Rosberg
6. Hulkenberg
7. Perez
8. Sutil
9. Maldonado
10. Grosjean

I expect rain for Sunday so chaos could come, but if not, Raikkonen and Alonso should fight for the victory, and Hamilton if the WO3 doesnt destroy the tyres, I also expect to see a better Hamilton with rain than the one I saw in Australia.

NonNewtonic
NonNewtonic

This may be out of topic but anyone turning up this weekend?

Maxion
Maxion

Looks like there'll be two DRS zones and two activation zones for malaysia!

WhiteBlue

I tip Vettel to get pole fastest race lap and win the race.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Gridlock

I don't mind a repeat of Korea 2010 because I could watch Hill and Kravitz doing filler 24/7, as long as there's actually a race at some point. I think I got about 3 hours' sleep between Friday am and the end of the race Sunday.

I'm going to put a tenner on points for a Toro Rosso. I wish someone would offer odds on Massa spinning during quali...

korzeniow
korzeniow

Maxion wrote:Looks like there'll be two DRS zones and two activation zones for malaysia!

http://marketing.fiapress.com/sendstudi ... a-560a.png
So driver can overtake in the first DRS zone and get overtaken back in the second one
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

NathanOlder

Artur Craft wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:I'm conflicted. I want a fully dry weekend so to really see the pecking order, but at the same time I love wet races... but then again with the FIA's health and safety fanaticism of late, we'd get at best a damp race and not a wet race :lol:
I'm also looking forward to a dry weekend for reasons of more clearly knowing the pecking order.

Nobody is mentioning them but I think C32 can do quite well here. They couldn't even race, with their decent driver, in Melbourne so their true pace is totally unkown.

In the PR, Hulk says he looks forward to it as being good on high speed corners remains a quality of Sauber.

The good downforce + low drag of the car + low tire deg could make them fight with Mercedes for the lower points, I reckon
But with their decent driver, on a damp drying track (which Hulkenberg excels in) The C32 was 2 seconds slower than the W04. I dont think the C32 will be fighting with the W04. Especially when Lewis and Ross say their car will be better in sepang.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

dren

Quali:

1. Vettel
2. Webber
3. Hamilton
4. Massa
5. Rosberg
6. Alonso
7. Kimi
8. Grosjean
9. di Resta
10. Button

Race:

1. Kimi
2. Vettel
3. Hamilton
4. Alonso
5. Rosberg
6. Webber
7. Massa
8. Grosjean
9. Sutil
10. di Resta

Really, it should be a great race between Kimi, Vettel and Alonso. If the Mercedes does have more pace in it when shooting for a 3 stopper, I expect Hamilton to be in the mix as well.
Honda!

korzeniow
korzeniow

dren wrote:Quali:
1. Vettel
2. Webber
3. Hamilton
4. Massa
5. Rosberg
6. Alonso
7. Kimi
8. Grosjean
9. di Resta
10. Button
Colder condition in Australian qualifying flattered Mercedes, I don't expect them being so high up in Malaysia unless the qualifying session will be wet
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

Artur Craft

NathanOlder wrote: But with their decent driver, on a damp drying track (which Hulkenberg excels in) The C32 was 2 seconds slower than the W04. I dont think the C32 will be fighting with the W04. Especially when Lewis and Ross say their car will be better in sepang.
Mercedes is always like that: "in the next race we'll be stronger, we have identified our issue in the data"

It's BS, honestly. Hulk got a fluke pole under those conditions but that's all. It doesn't automatically prove anything.

If the C32 doesn't be competitive in this track(at least fighting for P8-P10th), then they can already focus on 2014, imo.

Quali:
Vettel
Webber
Alonso
Kimi
Hamilton
Massa
Rosberg
Grosjean
Hulk
Button

Race:
Kimi
Alonso
Vettel
Webber
Massa
Grosjean
Hamilton
Rosberg
Hulk
Button

Cuky

So will there be one or two DRS zones? GP Update reports that there will be two, but on formula1.com circuit diagram clearly shows only one DRS zone with detection zone just before last corner

This is track diagram from formula1.com

Cocles

I've honestly never taken a shot at something like this... but hey... here it goes. I'm figuring Webber will run into trouble.

Quali:
Vettel
Hamilton
Alonso
Webber
Rosberg
Massa
Kimi
Hulk
Grosjean
Button

Race:
Vettel
Alonso
Hamilton
Rosberg
Kimi
Massa
Webber
Hulk
Button
Grosjean

I think RBR are the fastest, with Ferrari and Merc neck and neck. This is a home race for Merc, however Hamilton is not yet fully acclimated to his new car, and Alonso is genuinely fast. While Lotus is also fast, I suspect their pace was flattered by rolling the dice on a full dry setup in Australia, whereas everyone else was at least partially accounting for rain.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Cocles wrote:I've honestly never taken a shot at something like this... but hey... here it goes. I'm figuring Webber will run into trouble....
I hear that if you get the predictions wrong you face a seven day ban! :mrgreen:
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Dyanxx
Dyanxx

korzeniow wrote:
dren wrote:Quali:
1. Vettel
2. Webber
3. Hamilton
4. Massa
5. Rosberg
6. Alonso
7. Kimi
8. Grosjean
9. di Resta
10. Button
Colder condition in Australian qualifying flattered Mercedes, I don't expect them being so high up in Malaysia unless the qualifying session will be wet
If anything, the colder conditions in the race were a bad thing for Mercedes, I expect them to be even quicker in the warmer conditions.

Maxion
Maxion

Cuky wrote:So will there be one or two DRS zones? GP Update reports that there will be two, but on formula1.com circuit diagram clearly shows only one DRS zone with detection zone just before last corner

This is track diagram from formula1.com

That's last years, the one I linked is from the FIA press site. Here's the press release.

http://www.fia.com/2013-malaysian-grand-prix-preview