2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
JamtriX
JamtriX

Re: 2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

my first prediction :D

Top 5 would be a mix of

2 Lotus, 2 Ferrari, 1 Redbull.

position 6th-10th would be a mix of

2 Mercedes, 1 Redbull, 1 Force India and 1 Mclaren.

[-o<

Another Podium for Kimi and Alonso. 3rd place perhaps Massa, Grosjean and/or Vettel again.

But I really like to see Massa win this one with Alonso 2nd. Ferrari 1-2 pls!!!! :mrgreen:

bono59495
bono59495

My first post !
Quali:
1. Vettel
2. Webber
3. Massa
4. Grosjean
5. Alonso
6. Kimi
7. Rosberg
8. Hamilton
9. Hulkenberg
10. Sutil

Race:
1. Massa
2. Grosjean
3. Hamilton
4. Vettel
5. Alonso
6. Raikkonen
7. Webber
8. Hulkenberg
9. Rosberg
10. Button

charleshmlee
charleshmlee

Quali Vettel & Win Alonso!!

korzeniow
korzeniow

Dyanxx wrote:
korzeniow wrote: Colder condition in Australian qualifying flattered Mercedes, I don't expect them being so high up in Malaysia unless the qualifying session will be wet
If anything, the colder conditions in the race were a bad thing for Mercedes, I expect them to be even quicker in the warmer conditions.
I was talking about quiali and not the race.

There is nothing that would suggest Mercedes being more competitive in warmer (hot?) conditions. But there are proofs that they do better in colder (wet).

It's no secret that Mercedes is good in wet as Rosberg was very outspoken about it.
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

beelsebob
beelsebob

korzeniow wrote:I was talking about quiali and not the race.

There is nothing that would suggest Mercedes being more competitive in warmer (hot?) conditions. But there are proofs that they do better in colder (wet).

It's no secret that Mercedes is good in wet as Rosberg was very outspoken about it.
It's no secret that Mercedes was clearly better in the dry, and Hamilton was very clear about it... That is, the Merc performing well in the wet was purely because Rosberg had a wet setup on.

Merc have already stated that they expect hotter temperatures to suit their car better, and that they know why they weren't getting the car working perfectly in the race at Australia. They've also stated they have upgrades for Malaysia.

My Bet is:
Q: VET HAM WEB ALO ROS
R: RAI ALO HAM VET ROS

FoxHound

Yet if Red Bull where suffering similar cold grain issues, there pace was better than Mercedes in Oz.
Add in to the mix that Malaysia is an aero track, and I see VET ahead of HAM/ROS all day long.

My opinion here. I think Oz was a peculiar one off, no one is really the wiser after it. Testing results showed up that Lotus had some very good tyre characteristics if not outright pace. This was replicated in Oz, in similar temperatures. However the track surface in oz is unlike any F1 will go to this year, particularly in combination with the temperatures.

Malaysia will throw up vastly different challenges as to how the teams will negotiate a) getting heat into the tyre b) managing the tyre temp and deg.

I'm optimistic for Mercedes, but it's not going to be the paradigm shift alot of us want to see. 5th last time out, I reckon an improvement on this will be a bonus. I see Vettel stomping off into the distance with this one, followed by the Ferrari's and Raikkonen. Hamilton will be doing fantastically well to be ahead of any of these.
JET set

Blackout

Mercdes communication strategy since 2011 atleast:
"Everything is fine. we found the problems and neutralised them. next time we'll be much stronger"

motobaleno

well, we have by far not enough information to say anything robust about real car performance but my feeling is that lotus will not win in malaysia... maybe not even the podium...

Cocles

Blackout wrote:Mercdes communication strategy since 2011 atleast:
"Everything is fine. we found the problems and neutralised them. next time we'll be much stronger"
Of course they always say they're working on it. They ARE always working on it like any F1 team. It's a non-statement.

So far, everything with the W04 and Hamilton has been very positive.

oT v1
oT v1

Alonso DNF

1. Goujon
2. Vettel
3. Kimi
The Power of Dreams

motorloon1993
motorloon1993

Massa is back on form but I can't see him out pacing Alonso here, he is mighty around Malaysia I can see him winning.
in fact..
I'll have a quick prediction

Q
1 Web
2 Alo
3 Vet
4 Rai
5 Ham

Race
1 Alonso
2 Raikkonen
3 Massa
4 Vettel
5 Hamilton
6 Grosjean
7 Rosberg
8 Di Resta
9 Perez
10 Sutil

Webber DNF after KERS problem

Nomore
Nomore

If it's dry that's a high possibility to see a 1-2 finish for Ferrari...with Alonso outpacing Massa.
If it's wet anything can happen, but i see Mercedes as favorite in wet.

Phil

I actually would love to see the look on Alonsos face if he finishes and Massa snatches a win before him. :twisted:

BTW: Something I noticed, but the BBC didn't seem to cover the race live in Melbourne. Any ideas if they will this weekend? I'm already dreading watching this on RTL... #-o

My predictions:

QF:
- Vettel
- Alonso
- Webber
- Ham
- Massa

Race:
- Alonso
- Vettel
- Massa
- Hamilton
- Rosberg

(For Webbers sake, I so hope I'm wrong)
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

simieski
simieski

Phil wrote:
BTW: Something I noticed, but the BBC didn't seem to cover the race live in Melbourne. Any ideas if they will this weekend? I'm already dreading watching this on RTL... #-o
BBC 2013 live coverage is for :

China, 14 April
Spain, 12 May
Canada, 9 June
Silverstone, 30 June
Belgium, 25 August
Italy, 8 September
Japan, 13 October
India, 27 October
Brazil, 24 November

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/21682493
Thank you to God for making me an Atheist - Ricky Gervais.

raymondu999

Not sure if this has been posted already:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvzWdx_OOY8[/youtube]

IMO, this weekend we'll see oPP or oOPP as possible strategies.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法