2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
danielk
danielk

Re: 2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

Not FIA but above what i posted it lists all the lap times and you can compare different drivers

http://en.mclarenf-1.com/index.php?page ... Ux1ARfwkm8

atanatizante

MercedesAMG wrote:Does everyone know a link (fia?), where all lap times of the practice sessions can be seen?
Official records are held on FIA link here: http://www.fia.com/championship/fia-for ... nformation

Furthermore:
1.First Practice Session Lap Times : http://184.106.145.74/f1-championship/f ... 0Times.pdf
2.Second Practice Session Lap Times: http://184.106.145.74/f1-championship/f ... 0Times.pdf

Now on topic: On Sunday seems it`ll be a wet race. Then what`s the pecking order in your opinion guys?
Or in another way of speaking who have now the best car for a wet race, bearing in mind also BCN wet test sessions?

Another issue I`m facing is the Mercedes top speeds in the last race at Melbourne.
Here are the facts : http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 46#p420746
Could anyone enlighten me with this one?
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Maxion
Maxion

atanatizante wrote:Now on topic: On Sunday seems it`ll be a wet race. Then what`s the pecking order in your opinion guys?
Or in another way of speaking who have now the best car for a wet race, bearing in mind also BCN wet test sessions?

Another issue I`m facing is the Mercedes top speeds in the last race at Melbourne.
Here are the facts : http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 46#p420746
Could anyone enlighten me with this one?
It's the monsoon season, it rains every day. There's no guarantee that a shower will happen during the race yet and theres no guarantee that a shower won't happen. You won't know for sure until race day.

lewishamilton90
lewishamilton90

1 14:02:33
2 1:44.164
3 1:42.622
4 1:43.619
5 1:43.441
6 1:43.389
7 1:43.167
8 1:42.894
9 1:43.047
10 1:42.947
11 1:44.068
12 1:43.653
13 1:43.800
14 1:45.886
15 1:45.366
lewis hamilton..practice 2

Faustino
Faustino

Mercs long run pace is very similar to the Red Bull.
I wonder are they setting the gear ratios for the race and sacrificing grid position.

It would explain why they seem to be 8 or 9 tenths down on a single quick lap.

Nando
Nando

It almost looks like Ham and Ros were aware of each others times.

Rosberg starts strong, "oh no you did not" Hamilton takes next lap, Rosberg answers, Hamilton answers, Rosberg bangs in two straight, Hamilton bangs in 3 straight, :D
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Artur Craft

turbof1 wrote:Hamilton felt improvement compared to last race. Imo, last race could have been also much better for him if he didn't flatspot his tyre and had to stop his commitment to a 2 stopper. The potentional to win races certainly is there.
Frankly, I only see potential of even FI, for instance, being faster than Mercedes. Won't be surprised if Mclaren and Sauber take on as well soon

Mestrades
Mestrades

The Lotus pace is not of this planet...

dren

taken from: http://intelligentf1.wordpress.com/2013 ... ractice-2/

The Mercedes makes its tires last much longer than the Red Bull, even though the Red Bull's pace (Vettel's) is quicker over a lap. The Mercedes passes the Red Bull up before the Mercedes tires are shot.
Honda!

Jester Maroc
Jester Maroc

"We ran pretty heavy today so I don’t know how we’ll be when everyone is light for qualifying, but I’m happy with where we are and expect we’ll be reasonable tomorrow." Kimi Raikkonen

If they were running on heavy load and he still managed the fastest lap I wonder what the others were running...or maybe they are thinking about running away!
Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions. ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Faustino
Faustino

McLaren's problems this season are surely down to them not involving Paddy Lowe from an early stage. I can't see their season improving.

dren

Faustino wrote:McLaren's problems this season are surely down to them not involving Paddy Lowe from an early stage. I can't see their season improving.
I highly doubt that. They have had issues in years past. They just got it wrong this year going with too many changes rather than an evolution like most everyone else did.
Honda!

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Well I suppose that even though RBR may be struggling with race pace, they can still cook up quite a quick lap when it matters. Vettel managed to get to the top in the last minutes of FP3, so let's see how he and the rest fare a few hours later in qualy, but too bad I'll be asleep!
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

SilverArrow10

Anyone else think that we have just seen what the front row will be? Vettel then Hamilton.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

NathanOlder

Well , other than Lewis shredding the tyres with a lock up or 2, Rosberg was able to be VERY consistant and run quite long on the softer tyres. I need to check, but it looked like Rosberg was running alot better for equally as long as the Red Bulls did on the harder tyre. Lotus didnt really show much, other than Kimi didnt seem that happy on the radio (could just be his typical ways) Grosjean was 2 tenths up on everyone in the first sector before he got held up by VDG. As for Ferrari, they seemed to keep out of the way, and get on with their program. Cant wait for Qualy, but it seems its all about race pace again. So I dont think we will have any real clue to who will win. I'd say anyone in the top 10 can win aslong as they are good on tyre deg.

Sauber looked poor again, more problems by the look of it, and no real pace. Force India easily faster, Mclaren looking a little better.

Q prediction.

Vettel
Hamilton
Grosjean
Rosberg
Webber
Kimi
Massa
Alonso
Sutil
Di Resta
GoLandoGo