2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
atanatizante

Re: 2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

raymondu999 wrote:Something that @virtualstatman noticed, but I unfortunately didn't:

"So, Vettel set the best time of FP3 when his medium tyres were 6 laps old!? When they were 8 laps old, he set a time good enough for 3rd..."

I don't think we'll see a non-red bull on pole today.
No, according to FIA records he did the fastest lap in the first hot lap of an 5 lap stint on medium tyre : http://www.formula1.com/results/season/ ... _trap.html
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Juzh

chat link anyone?

Steven
Owner

Indeed, we're chatting again during this session.
Please join us at http://www.f1technical.net/pr/livechat.php

CU there!

SilverArrow10

definitely belive that qualy will be a redbull vs Mercedes affair.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

NathanOlder

atanatizante wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
atanatizante wrote:Toto Wolf said on RTL that both drivers are moaning about a little bit to oversteery car and they are working to cure that in FP3. Another thing that they are doing is trying how long the medium tyre last and Nico did a 15 lap to answer that ...
Which has to be encouraging as it appeared the Red Bull struggled at about lap 10 on the harder tyres earlier in the same session. Does anyone know if the hards Red Bull used, and the Mediums Rosberg used were all new ?
Both RBR drivers did a 10 lap stint on the hard tyre and their times were very consistent in the 1.44 bracket and it was just 1 sec. between the fastest and the slowest time ...
What's bothering me is that Mercedes drivers are the slowest in the speed trap : http://www.formula1.com/results/season/ ... _trap.html
Did they copy last years RBR philosophy or they have a wet setup in mind?
but the tyres only lasted 10-11 laps and then they were shot. and than means 4 or 5 stops come sunday!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

zgred

atanatizante

15 drivers in 1sec. in Q1 !
Jesus

Guisson

Really surprised by the pace of the Red Bulls ! o.O
Maybe not enough Heat in the tyres during the outlaps? because they are 1 s off their best times in FP3 ..Sounds bizarre
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

Bomber_Pilot

Rain at turns 5 and 6

zgred

Guisson

What's Wrong with the Bulls !?
Big Mistake by Lotus .. That cost Grosjean the Q3 !
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

atanatizante

Vettel 8 tenths slower than Webber and also 15th in Q1 ... is he gambling on a wet setup?
Jesus

Guisson

I don't Think so , i'd say that they are simply struggling to get heat in the tyres

NathanOlder

atanatizante wrote:Vettel 8 tenths slower than Webber and also 15th in Q1 ... is he gambling on a wet setup?
Maybe a set up change to compensate for the bad tyre deg ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

raymondu999

From the data I'm getting on the timing app, Vettel's done Q1 and Q2 on the SAME set of medium tyres. He's definitely keeping a lot of pace in hand for tyre saving. Ditto Sutil. Raikkonen and Webber oddly went for 1 set in Q1, 1 set in Q2.
atanatizante wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Something that @virtualstatman noticed, but I unfortunately didn't:

"So, Vettel set the best time of FP3 when his medium tyres were 6 laps old!? When they were 8 laps old, he set a time good enough for 3rd..."

I don't think we'll see a non-red bull on pole today.
No, according to FIA records he did the fastest lap in the first hot lap of an 5 lap stint on medium tyre : http://www.formula1.com/results/season/ ... _trap.html
Yes, it was. But they did another run before that - a qualifying style outlap, flying, inlap. So that first flying lap on the second run was the nett 5th lap on those same tyres. Data from the iPad timing app.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法