2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
zgred

Re: 2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

zgred

myurr
myurr

NathanOlder wrote:
atanatizante wrote:Vettel 8 tenths slower than Webber and also 15th in Q1 ... is he gambling on a wet setup?
Maybe a set up change to compensate for the bad tyre deg ?
So lucky to get the rain then - wouldn't have been near the front row had it not rained. But he could struggle to keep the Ferrari's behind at the start.

Joie de vivre

I don't believe RBR is that fast, we have seen they struggled during Q1 and Q2, it's just that rain ...

But again good job from Bianchi!

zgred

myurr
myurr

Joie de vivre wrote:I don't believe RBR is that fast, we have seen they struggled during Q1 and Q2, it's just that rain ...

Reckon they've gone for a wet setup, hence being so slow in the rain? I know there isn't supposed to be much difference but we're only talking about 0.5 - 1 second in ultimate pace. Will be interesting to see if they can get some life out of the tyres tomorrow.

SilverArrow10

Those ferrari's are going swamp Vettel off the line. With Hamilton in there too. Going to be a good start.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Maxion
Maxion

Lotus messed up their wet weather qualifying strategy again, kimi went over the line 5 seconds after the flag went down, had he gone out just a bit earlier he could've gotten a lap in....

Bomber_Pilot

Did Webber stop for a new set of inters? He didn't sound too happy over the team radio...

myurr
myurr

Bomber_Pilot wrote:Did Webber stop for a new set of inters? He didn't sound too happy over the team radio...
No. Will be interesting to find out if he wasn't given that option by the team.

Dyanxx
Dyanxx

myurr wrote:
Joie de vivre wrote:I don't believe RBR is that fast, we have seen they struggled during Q1 and Q2, it's just that rain ...

Reckon they've gone for a wet setup, hence being so slow in the rain? I know there isn't supposed to be much difference but we're only talking about 0.5 - 1 second in ultimate pace. Will be interesting to see if they can get some life out of the tyres tomorrow.
Vettel was on the right tyre at the right time, I believe if Lewis had came in for the Inters he would of easily got pole.

Faustino
Faustino

Mercedes were unlucky with the weather, they were easily quickest in the dry.
I wonder if Red Bull gambled with a wet setup for the race that paid off to for Q3. It didn't make sense they were so slow in the dry.

Poleman

Odd Q3 with that weather mix up...Mercs and Lotus looked strong all weekend not quite sure about the Ferraris but should be interesting race tomorrow...Personnaly i feel that Vettel wont hang on that P1 for long but thats just a gut feeling.

NathanOlder

myurr wrote:
Bomber_Pilot wrote:Did Webber stop for a new set of inters? He didn't sound too happy over the team radio...
No. Will be interesting to find out if he wasn't given that option by the team.
I think it was just down to him missing out on another lap. He led Lewis over the line after he finished his last flying lap, Lewis passed Webber on the next lap and got across the line with 2-3 seconds to go. Webber went round again only to get the chequered flag. I think he was annoyed that he didnt get another lap. lewis and merc knew the score, he pushed the lap before to get another lap in. It seems Red Bull didnt give mark the hurrry up.
Thats my take anyway
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

gandharva

Vettel: "Sadly the tires aren't as fast as our car." :lol: