2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
bhall
bhall

Re: 2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

Joie de vivre wrote:Everyone is looking after tyres. And then no one is allowed to race at maximum.

This ain't F1, it's just faster GP2. I'm pissed right now.
Strong personalities under contrived circumstances? It's a reality show. A very, very expensive reality show.

Gonner
Gonner

I dunno if it has been noticed before, but Button was extremely quick when he got back to the track, turning in 1.40.5/6, going faster than the Merc he was following, and Perez set the best time at the end. I know, there is fresh rubber involved and everything, but could it be the end of the tunnel for McLaren ?

boyracer94
boyracer94

Donuts wrote:Vettel acts like a spoiled brat with no remorse. Hamilton(I'm not a fan) acts with dignity.
+1

zeph
zeph

Donuts wrote:Vettel acts like a spoiled brat with no remorse. Hamilton(I'm not a fan) acts with dignity.
Have to agree. Not a Hamilton fan, but he was a class act today.

siskue2005

why didnt Alonso pit ??? :?
the team was ready!...it was his decision i think...if he wanted to come in like he did at Melbourne he would have
i think he was hoping for a SC? or for the track to dry out
anyways it was a stupid decision

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

Team orders left a sour taste.... nobody seemed really happy. Hamilton could have taken a few points less and let Nico through. What he said made sense... he could have been attacking the Red Bulls.

Vettel's behavior seemed a tad arrogant to me. But a three time world champion... e probably knew it would have been a slap on the wrist. I feel for Webber.

I was surprised by Raikonnen and Ferrari. It seemed they would be dominating but the Bulls and Merc seemed faster today. Also McLaren have definately improved. Good news for them.

seventhsin

Ross Brawn had me p*ssed off, tells Nico to back off, and that Hamilton can turn up the wick if need be, then Hamilton can barely make the end of race with hardly enough fuel!

It was visible on almost every turn the extra pace Nico was carrying, an overtake would have been swift and simple and the team gets the same points. Pretty dissapointing.

AND RED BULL?????
:roll:

siskue2005

Gonner wrote:I dunno if it has been noticed before, but Button was extremely quick when he got back to the track, turning in 1.40.5/6, going faster than the Merc he was following, and Perez set the best time at the end. I know, there is fresh rubber involved and everything, but could it be the end of the tunnel for McLaren ?
he was on fresher rubber

stefan_
stefan_

I don't understand why did they keep Alonso out. That FW had no chance to resist under the loads of the two straights.

Vettel's behaviour is pure s**t.
Massa was great today. Bottas had a good race too, Bianchi again very good.
Last edited by stefan_ on 24 Mar 2013, 12:12, edited 1 time in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

JMN
JMN

What did Webber mean with "Yeah Seb, multi-21"?

myurr
myurr

Gonner wrote:I dunno if it has been noticed before, but Button was extremely quick when he got back to the track, turning in 1.40.5/6, going faster than the Merc he was following, and Perez set the best time at the end. I know, there is fresh rubber involved and everything, but could it be the end of the tunnel for McLaren ?
He had fresher tyres, and Mercedes were nursing their cars due to fuel saving. But McLaren definitely look a lot better than they did in Australia. Some of that will be setup, some will be simplifying the aero by taking some of the more experimental parts off, some of it will be the circuit. But they definitely look like they'll eventually get on top of the car - be it a couple of races or half the season, I don't doubt they'll get there.

Gonner
Gonner

JMN wrote:What did Webber mean with "Yeah Seb, multi-21"?
21 is their code for " Hold Position "

siskue2005 wrote:why didnt Alonso pit ??? :?
the team was ready!...it was his decision i think...if he wanted to come in like he did at Melbourne he would have
i think he was hoping for a SC? or for the track to dry out
anyways it was a stupid decision

I wonder if he was hoping to go 1 more lap then switch to slicks. It was still too wet after the first lap, he would have had to go with inters.

myurr
myurr

JMN wrote:What did Webber mean with "Yeah Seb, multi-21"?
The 21 refers to a two one finish - according to Sky it's their code for hold station.