2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Sombrero
Sombrero

Re: 2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

Same problem as in Australia : bad tyres = bad racing. This time the taxi driver mode leads to the poor stall order fixing show. Another Pirellized race...

zorog
zorog

myurr wrote:Here comes the finger :(
Mark gave Seb the finger quite clearly after he got past.

zeph
zeph

OppositeLock wrote:
stefan_ wrote:I don't understand why did they keep Alonso out. That FW had no chance to resist under the loads of the two straights.

Vettel's behaviour is pure s**t.
Massa was great today. Bottas had a good race too, Bianchi again very good.
I thought there was a rule about driving with obvious damage. Alonso put all the drivers at risk. He was lucky to lose the front wing where he did.
This. I am an Alonso supporter but I thought it was very foolish and irresponsible of him not to come in. The debris could have punctured another driver's tire or whatever...

Joie de vivre

Hate current F1. It's better to cruise and have 1 pit stop less. These tyres just don't allow pure racing because you would have to stop in pits just to many often.

seventhsin

Poleman wrote:ROFL @ Helmut Marko about the No1 and No2 driver state! =D> :lol:
Can you put this in context? I missed it live

SilverArrow10

Please tell me we are going to discuss the Lewis, Nico fight. Lewis slows let Nico past took him back on the DRS. Did that about three times. Good stuff
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Rikhart
Rikhart

Very bad result by Lotus, Raikkonen held up all race long, and grosjean unable to do anything with the cars pace. Still Kimi second in the championship, might be important points in the future.

Sebp

4 Stops in 56 Laps. :roll:
That's just too much imo. That just breeds pit stop incident. On top of that it's just a waste of rubber.
What did we gain in terms of the show by the cars coming in so often apart from Ham's moment with his old team?
As F1 should be the pinnacle of motoring technology the tyres really should last longer. It was possible in the past, even in the turbo era with crap heaps of horsepower to make them last the race distance.
I rest my case... :-({|=
No smartphone was involved in creating this message.

SilverArrow10

seventhsin wrote:
Poleman wrote:ROFL @ Helmut Marko about the No1 and No2 driver state! =D> :lol:
Can you put this in context? I missed it live
And then he has the cheek to say that there is a clear one, two at Mercedes. ahh I really dont like Marko

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

myurr
myurr

SilverArrow10 wrote:Please tell me we are going to discuss the Lewis, Nico fight. Lewis slows let Nico past took him back on the DRS. Did that about three times. Good stuff
Was very clever racing from Hamilton. He's clearly on his game at the moment, and Rosberg is keeping him very honest. Shame about the fuelling issue for Hamilton - we don't know yet if it was a problem or miscalculation.

Joie de vivre

I don't understand why are people disappointed about Lotus.

As Kimi stated in Australia, it was the easiest win in his carrier. Why? Because he didn't push and with one pit stop less he easily won when everybody else were racing, he was crusing on the track. Australia track is just an exception where Lotus could afford one pit stop less, here they couldn't so ???
Last edited by Joie de vivre on 24 Mar 2013, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.

jamsbong
jamsbong

Shrieker wrote:Multi 21 Seb... Multi 21 :lol: I'm surprised Mark fXXXng thought even for a moment that team orders would work in his favor as well.

On the other hand, we see Ross Brawn doing what twitmarsh couldn't and wouldn't do for Hamilton. Exactly the reason he moved from McLaren.
Agree.

JMN
JMN

Come to think of it, did Vettels move on Webber on the pit straight comply to the rule clarification from last year following the incident where Hamilton overtook Rosberg by going outside the white lines? Seemed like he was going wide very early.

On another note: very mature replies by Nico to Sky's questions.
Last edited by JMN on 24 Mar 2013, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.

SilverArrow10

JMN wrote:Come to think of it, did Vettels move on Webber on the pit straight comply to the rule clarification from last year following the incident where Hamilton overtook Rosberg?

Yeah I think there are hard feelings. But I dont think it will dominate the team like it will with Redbull

myurr
myurr

JMN wrote:Come to think of it, did Vettels move on Webber on the pit straight comply to the rule clarification from last year following the incident where Hamilton overtook Rosberg by going outside the white lines?

It's probably touch and go. The pit lane is considered part of the track, it's whether there is a void between the two where Vettel had all four wheels at the same time.