2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
jamsbong
jamsbong

Re: 2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

I think the tyres are difficult to understand like the first 1/3 of season 2012. So with a stroke of luck lotus was the first to get it right.
I wanted Kimi to win but his tires weren't lasting.
Last edited by jamsbong on 24 Mar 2013, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.

Juzh

The amount of double standards on this forum is outrageous. Vettel beat mark, the end. When mark was told in silverstone 2011 to stay put he ignored it and attacked vettel fair and square, yet at that time everyone was fine with it.

Joie de vivre

4 pit stops is just too much.

kemalcan

If only Fernando was there between RBRs and Mercs, all of these team orders sh.t wouldn't happen. All 5 of them would have been racing for life.

SiLo

Vettel was very close to the pit wall, reminded me of Schumi-Barri a few years back, although the speed he went past Webber, you can't expect Webber to know which was he was going past, but still.

Turkey 2010 much? Hold station, Vettel won't try to pass? Yeah right...

Hamilton was a class act, brutally honest on the podium in front of all his fans admitting Rosberg was faster, I think Rosberg might be annoyed at Brawn, but he can't exactly be annoyed at Hamilton for that one, did stink of Schumi-Barri (those guys again!) at the A1 Ring some years back though.

APART from all this shenanigans, the race was a cracker!
Felipe Baby!

Neno
Neno

Joie de vivre wrote:I don't understand why are people disappointed about Lotus.

As Kimi stated in Australia, it was the easiest win in his carrier. Why? Because he didn't push and with one pit stop less he easily won when everybody else were racing, he was crusing on the track. Australia track is just an exception where Lotus could afford one pit stop less, here they couldn't so ???
Lotus again had one pitstop less in this race. But result was bad is because, bad start from Raikkonen where he stuck whole race in train who lead grosjean. He wasted too much time, battling with Hulkenberg (who should get penalty btw in next race) and Perez. He wasted that time because Grosjean couldnt make advantage of free track, and train behind him always could use DRS, so Raikkonen even if he was faster then all of them, even if he use DRS, everyone in front could use it too. So there was no advantage for Raikkonen. This happend to him twice and everytime after he change tires.

Sorry for me everything was decided in first few laps. If Raikkonen didnt have bad start he could easly win this race. His pace was good, but whole race he was stucked up.

myurr
myurr

Juzh wrote:The amount of double standards on this forum is outrageous. Vettel beat mark, the end. When mark was told in silverstone 2011 to stay put he ignored it and attacked vettel fair and square, yet at that time everyone was fine with it. .
Rubbish, he backed off and just followed Vettel to the line.

Joie de vivre

Juzh wrote:The amount of double standards on this forum is outrageous. Vettel beat mark, the end. When mark was told in silverstone 2011 to stay put he ignored it and attacked vettel fair and square, yet at that time everyone was fine with it. GTFO.
What are you talking about? Mark finished behind Vettel that race.

max_speed
max_speed

what a classic mistake once again by ferrari... massa did good job to defend attack on fernando frm behind and let him have a go on vettel.. at first it was a big mistake frm alonso (similar to what he did late year when he touched with raikkonen) but then wht followed was typical ferrari .. too much of brinkmanship.
this year when situation is so tight they cnt afford to loose points. finally happy to see some bitterness gettn coming between teamates , in RedBull and Mercedes.. =D>

Juzh

He finished behind because in the end he couldnt overtake him, as stated by both drivers after the race.

Guisson

This situations reminds me of Turkey 2010 when Hamilton was told that Button won't attack him and indeed he did !
I blame Red Bull for not telling Webber to pick up the pace and that Sebastian won't listen to them ..
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

beelsebob
beelsebob

SiLo wrote:Vettel was very close to the pit wall, reminded me of Schumi-Barri a few years back, although the speed he went past Webber, you can't expect Webber to know which was he was going past, but still.
The difference is simple – Vettel drove into the gap, Schumacher squeezed Barichello to form it.

myurr
myurr

Juzh wrote:He finished behind because in the end he couldnt overtake him, as stated by both drivers after the race.
Errr heard of PR?

Joie de vivre

Juzh wrote:He finished behind because in the end he couldnt overtake him, as stated by both drivers after the race.
Right ... so that's why he finished 0,4 seconds behind him? He could easily fight for the 2nd place just as Vettel did today.

Sebp

Joie de vivre wrote:4 pit stops is just too much.
Agree, agree, agree! :D
No smartphone was involved in creating this message.