2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
MWcrazyhorse
MWcrazyhorse

Re: 2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

Hey there! Just registered after the heated discussion.

Vettel just apologised in the interview to Mark for taking first spot.
Which is kinda funny considering they are racing for the title, but it shows he is a good lad. Not the good kind of lad that will role over and give his toys away without a fight though.

And as a fan of formula one I must say I WANT to see the battles for the top spots near the end of the race. It is good sport as it should be. No team orders please!
Yet understandably the teams want the points. But this isn't the military but instead it is a sporting event.
And the drivers need the points.

Many good reasons from each perspective can be made. Some of the comments towards Vettel are out of line imho.

Juzh

Joie de vivre wrote:
Juzh wrote:He finished behind because in the end he couldnt overtake him, as stated by both drivers after the race.
Right ... so that's why he finished 0,4 seconds behind him? He could easily fight for the 2nd place just as Vettel did today.
Finishing 0,4 behind and overtaking someone is a big difference in silverstone. he attacked him with intetion to pass, and thats the same thing that happened today, just that mark wanst able to pull it off. On the other hand, its nice to see vettel haters and their doulbe standards hurt for a little bit. Alonso's stupid mistake makes it even sweater.

Rhodium

Neno wrote: Sorry for me everything was decided in first few laps. If Raikkonen didnt have bad start he could easly win this race. His pace was good, but whole race he was stucked up.

not my opinion.
Lotus had a really bad pace today.
agressive strategy is the right thing to do for this race.
in best laps list, Raikkonen is at 2" of best lap... not a good pace.

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

Juzh wrote:The amount of double standards on this forum is outrageous. Vettel beat mark, the end. When mark was told in silverstone 2011 to stay put he ignored it and attacked vettel fair and square, yet at that time everyone was fine with it. GTFO.
2-3 is far different than 1-2. Remember, they were both behind Alonso at Silverstone. They were told to maintain the gap but still push.

Here, though, both cars were in such a dominant position that they were told to TUNE DOWN the engines. Either to preserve them or other aspects of the car. In this case, Seb saw his opportunity to ignore orders and literally steal the victory from Webber who had been leading for the majority of the race on merit. Had Webber and Vettel continued to race, it would've been close, but Webber still would've won....or they both would've crashed out.

Different situation, entirely.

Shrieker

Both Hamilton and Alonso were braindead this race. Alonso for not pitting for fw replacement when he could, and Hamilton for confusing pit boxes ffs. It shows his mind is not in the game.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

jamsbong
jamsbong

Looks like this is one big drama for RB! Anyway, i hate team orders. A true champ should fight all the way till the end. Then count the points, and celebrate if he won or congratulate his competitor won.

ringo

Rosberg IMO should not be upset, he was overtaking lewis quite a number of times in DRS but was not able to pull a gap.
Lewis was being extra kind when he said rosberg should on the podium.
Both had fuel saving issues and if rosberg took the fight to Hamilton, Hamilton could have gone faster as well, and the team would be at higher risk with feul and tyres.
Rosberg lost his right to finish ahead when her dropped 6 seconds to vettel before the final stop i think. All those fast laps took a toll on his tyres.
I also feel he must have consumed more fuel than Hamilton in that race. Taking the 3rd place off Hamilton would have been poor manners. It wasn't worth it. He simply should have been ahead when both cars didnt have feul problems.
For Sure!!

Hail22

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

sAx
sAx

sjns wrote:
JMN wrote:What did Webber mean with "Yeah Seb, multi-21"?
RTL just said it means Car 2 before car 1. Multi12 the other way around. Sounds logical...
Fuel map, for fuel saving mode. Essentially means same thing, stay in position.
Integrity, Trust, Respect.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/#!/sAx247

jamsbong
jamsbong

RB7ate9 wrote:
Juzh wrote:The amount of double standards on this forum is outrageous. Vettel beat mark, the end. When mark was told in silverstone 2011 to stay put he ignored it and attacked vettel fair and square, yet at that time everyone was fine with it. GTFO.
2-3 is far different than 1-2. Remember, they were both behind Alonso at Silverstone. They were told to maintain the gap but still push.

Here, though, both cars were in such a dominant position that they were told to TUNE DOWN the engines. Either to preserve them or other aspects of the car. In this case, Seb saw his opportunity to ignore orders and literally steal the victory from Webber who had been leading for the majority of the race on merit. Had Webber and Vettel continued to race, it would've been close, but Webber still would've won....or they both would've crashed out.

Different situation, entirely.
I thought Vettel pulled away... Webber was not gonna get a chance retaliate. I bet he would if he could. Webber is not one that listens to team order

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

The only result I see from this RB drama is that Seb/Web will refuse to hold anything back, creating some epic racing, but also ending up taking pace/points away from each other and the team. Turkey 2010, again, at some point this season. Monaco?

But, besides that, MASSA LEADS ALONSO IN THE WDC!

boyracer94
boyracer94

Vettel: 'Wasn't aware'... yeah right...

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

jamsbong wrote:
I thought Vettel pulled away... Webber was not gonna get a chance retaliate. I bet he would if he could. Webber is not one that listens to team order
I don't know if turning back on race power to an F1 engine is as easy as tuning it down. That's the only reason I can imagine for his immediate 1s/lap fallback from Seb.

myurr
myurr

Vettel just lied to live TV on Sky saying that he didn't know about the team order. Both Horner and Marko have already contradicted that. Stay classy seb :P

MWcrazyhorse
MWcrazyhorse

One has to say hearing some Webber fans as if he was just following orders for the team.
He nearly crashed both cars out by pushing Vettel to the wall at high speed.
The argument of safely saveing the points for the team is therefor invalid.

He raced. He lost. Thats sport. Team orders is none of anyone's concerns, except that of Red Bull.