2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Joie de vivre

Re: 2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

MWcrazyhorse wrote:Hey there! Just registered after the heated discussion.

Vettel just apologised in the interview to Mark for taking first spot.
Which is kinda funny considering they are racing for the title, but it shows he is a good lad. Not the good kind of lad that will role over and give his toys away without a fight though.

And as a fan of formula one I must say I WANT to see the battles for the top spots near the end of the race. It is good sport as it should be. No team orders please!
Yet understandably the teams want the points. But this isn't the military but instead it is a sporting event.
And the drivers need the points.

Many good reasons from each perspective can be made. Some of the comments towards Vettel are out of line imho.
Are you serious? Team told Mark not to race harder because Vettel is not going to overtake him. If they hadn't told him that he would be racing harder and Vettel maybe wouldn't pass him. It's easy to overtake someone if he is not pushing! You can't say one driver "don't push" but let the other one racing!

Rhodium

Hail22 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDa3Mll7c8s[/youtube]

excuse me, please, could you write what they said ?
i'm french, and i don't understand...

Traction

myurr wrote:
SilverArrow10 wrote:Please tell me we are going to discuss the Lewis, Nico fight. Lewis slows let Nico past took him back on the DRS. Did that about three times. Good stuff
Was very clever racing from Hamilton. He's clearly on his game at the moment, and Rosberg is keeping him very honest. Shame about the fuelling issue for Hamilton - we don't know yet if it was a problem or miscalculation.
Clever team orders...
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

ringo

We can't be too hard on the team orders. With tyres like these, no driver can push 100%. when you cant push, that means you will be guided by the team and your trust should be with the team.
What we saw today will happen a couple more times this year. So we must accept that qualifying and position after lap1 and pistops will dictate which driver finish ahead if we are at a race where feul and tyres are critical.

Vettel felt webber was going too slow. Rosberg felt hamilton was going too slow. Were they really slower?... No!
They were simply following team guidance. Webber quickly put half a second into seb after that radio communication.
Brawn mentioned Hamilton could go faster if he wanted too, and after the race he said, Rosberg could have taken on Lewis and have a go, only to find his car can't finish the race.
So i think this year we must have respect for team orders. The days of racing all out died when refueling was banned and when pirreli came with the cheese tyres.
For Sure!!

stefan_
stefan_

Word on Twitter is that RB canceled their team photo.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Neno
Neno

Rhodium wrote:
Neno wrote: Sorry for me everything was decided in first few laps. If Raikkonen didnt have bad start he could easly win this race. His pace was good, but whole race he was stucked up.

not my opinion.
Lotus had a really bad pace today.
agressive strategy is the right thing to do for this race.
in best laps list, Raikkonen is at 2" of best lap... not a good pace.
bad pace on what? sorry but he stuck whole race between 4 cars. when he had a bit free track in front of him he had fastest times! but his pace was not that bad, sure he had problems on beggining of race, mostly dry setup. but this race was pure bad luck with mess pitstop. it's very frustating when massa trough box made progress and have free track, and kimi stuck last in line of 4 cars who can use DRS.

Hail22

Rhodium wrote:
Hail22 wrote:]

excuse me, please, could you write what they said ?
i'm french, and i don't understand...
I can't write what the commentators said...as its in Spanish and I do not speak an ounce of it. However the drivers, Newey and co are plain English.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Joie de vivre

ringo wrote:We can't be too hard on the team orders. With tyres like these, no driver can push 100%. when you cant push, that means you will be guided by the team and your trust should be with the team.
What we saw today will happen a couple more times this year. So we must accept that qualifying and position after lap1 and pistops will dictate which driver finish ahead if we are at a race where feul and tyres are critical.

Vettel felt webber was going too slow. Rosberg felt hamilton was going too slow. Were they really slower?... No!
They were simply following team guidance. Webber quickly put half a second into seb after that radio communication.
Brawn mentioned Hamilton could go faster if he wanted too, and after the race he said, Rosberg could have taken on Lewis and have a go, only to find his car can't finish the race.
So i think this year we must have respect for team orders. The days of racing all out died when refueling was banned and when pirreli came with the cheese tyres.
THIS!

Rhodium

Hail22 wrote:
I can't write what the commentators said...as its in Spanish and I do not speak an ounce of it. However the drivers, Newey and co are plain English.
and i don't speak english :)

i use translator...

Neno wrote:kimi stuck last in line of 4 cars who can use DRS.
you really think DRS gain is 2" ?
Last edited by Rhodium on 24 Mar 2013, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.

SilverArrow10

oo with all this we have forget about ferrari's mess up and why Massa wasnt up there with the rest
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

myurr
myurr

MWcrazyhorse wrote:One has to say hearing some Webber fans as if he was just following orders for the team.
He nearly crashed both cars out by pushing Vettel to the wall at high speed.
The argument of safely saveing the points for the team is therefor invalid.

He raced. He lost. Thats sport. Team orders is none of anyone's concerns, except that of Red Bull.
I know you've just registered an' all, but you're clearly just a fanboi with a throw away account. Vettel chose to overtake on the inside therefore driving up against the wall, he could have gone the other way round. Replays show that when he relinquished the lead Webber also eventually let Vettel go when, by rights, he could have pushed him out to the edge of the track but then Vettel may have collided with him. Vettel's also just lied to the cameras saying he didn't know that team orders were in place and said that Webber should have won. Earlier in the race Vettel said "Mark's too slow, get him out of the way" in a really disparaging way. Webber then pulled out a gap, with Vettel unable to respond, showing he had been driving to a target time. And Vettel has benefitted from team orders numerous times in the past, including having parts taken off Webber's car to put on his own after he'd damaged his car.

Vettel has an horrific sense of entitlement, and whether or not he's a nice guy when he's not racing, on track and within the team he's a bit of an arse. He was clearly given a team order, he was told he was being silly, he's now lying to you his fan and taking you for a fool by saying he didn't know about the team orders. And yet you'll probably still defend him.

RicerDude

Potential for incredible race between Mercedes and RB, ruined by stupid tyres. Horrible race.

Rikhart
Rikhart

ringo wrote:We can't be too hard on the team orders. With tyres like these, no driver can push 100%. when you cant push, that means you will be guided by the team and your trust should be with the team.

That was a flat out lie by brawn, since hamilton barely had fuel to finish the race. This "race" was like a bad soap opera, backstabbing, lying left and right, etc.

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

With Alonso out of the race and Raikonnen not in contention for victory this was a good shot for Vettel to gain a nice lead in the WDC. He knows that he might not win every race. Alonso was on his tail all of last year. Now he has a comfortable 22 point lead over Alonso and a nine point lead over Raikonnen.

If he had finished second he would only have a 15 point lead over Alonso and a 2 point lead over Raikonnen. He doesn't seem to be a person to give up that sort of a advantage.

You know what they say... better to apologize later than to ask permission and be denied.

MWcrazyhorse
MWcrazyhorse

Joie de vivre wrote:
MWcrazyhorse wrote:Hey there! Just registered after the heated discussion.

Vettel just apologised in the interview to Mark for taking first spot.
Which is kinda funny considering they are racing for the title, but it shows he is a good lad. Not the good kind of lad that will role over and give his toys away without a fight though.

And as a fan of formula one I must say I WANT to see the battles for the top spots near the end of the race. It is good sport as it should be. No team orders please!
Yet understandably the teams want the points. But this isn't the military but instead it is a sporting event.
And the drivers need the points.

Many good reasons from each perspective can be made. Some of the comments towards Vettel are out of line imho.
Are you serious? Team told Mark not to race harder because Vettel is not going to overtake him. If they hadn't told him that he would be racing harder and Vettel maybe wouldn't pass him. It's easy to overtake someone if he is not pushing! You can't say one driver "don't push" but let the other one racing!
You don't tell the world champion racing for the title not to race. You can tell Webber to save the engine and the tires. Red Bull will not tell Webber to let Seb pass.
So let us be true here, they cannot tell Seb to not pass Webber. Webber willl need to make the choice of securing his first spot by himself. There is no baby sitter out there.
The faster driver will win.
If this was Vettel vs Alonso we would call it sport. "Oh buhuuu I want team order so I can win".