2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
myurr
myurr

Re: 2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

Traction wrote:
myurr wrote:Was very clever racing from Hamilton. He's clearly on his game at the moment, and Rosberg is keeping him very honest. Shame about the fuelling issue for Hamilton - we don't know yet if it was a problem or miscalculation.
Clever team orders...
I don't like the team orders either, but that doesn't take away from Hamilton's drive. And you can't criticise the way he's handled himself after the race.

Rob W

I have a new found respect for Webber for giving Vettel that verbal serving in the pre-podium room and on the podium.

I bet Adrian Newey and Christian Horner can't fathom how they could score a 1-2 win and have the on-podium interview be centred around the team's internal fighting. Embarrassing stuff in front of sponsors really.

myurr
myurr

MWcrazyhorse wrote:If this was Vettel vs Alonso we would call it sport. "Oh buhuuu I want team order so I can win".
Actually Vettel has asked his team to "do something" about competitor cars he's been unable to overtake. The sense of entitlement is strong with this one.

Traction

The double standards in this place are unbelievable...laughable... :lol: now all of a sudden team orders need to be respected when Vettel ignores one and Hamilton benefits a podium position from one..
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

munudeges
munudeges

myurr wrote:I don't like the team orders either, but that doesn't take away from Hamilton's drive. And you can't criticise the way he's handled himself after the race.
I hear the sound of double standards............. Laughable.

What Mercedes did was pointless in that they would have got third and fourth anyway and that will come back to bite them.
Last edited by munudeges on 24 Mar 2013, 13:03, edited 1 time in total.

myurr
myurr

Traction wrote:The double standards in this place are unbelievable...laughable... :lol: now all of a sudden team orders need to be respected when Vettel ignores one and Hamilton benefits a podium position from one..
Had Vettel never benefitted from a team order then you'd have more of a case. As it is both you and he are the hypocrites for defending team orders when they benefit Vettel but crying when he's called out for ignoring them and then lying about it.

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

You know... if Lewis hadn't lost those 6 seconds with his pit stop goof up the whole Rosberg v/s Hamilton might not have come up at all.

rifrafs2kees
rifrafs2kees

Shrieker wrote:Both Hamilton and Alonso were braindead this race. Alonso for not pitting for fw replacement when he could, and Hamilton for confusing pit boxes ffs. It shows his mind is not in the game.
Chill for a second. He had driven for mclaren for what..6 years? Every human relies on "auto pilot" to some extent...especially in the heat of competition...you could've done the same

max_speed
max_speed

jamsbong wrote:Great win for Seb!
I don't understand why Seb was not let free earlier. He showed he was clearly faster.

And whats up with Webber upset? He was defeated fair and square.
hahaha which race you were watching some old race that happened way back in past ??

MWcrazyhorse
MWcrazyhorse

Logic and Sportsmanship without double standard:

Red Bull does not tell Webber to let Vettel pass. Red Bull does not tell Vettel to let Webber Pass. Correct?
Therefor Red Bull does not tell Vettel to not Pass Webber.
Result: The faster driver wins.

sAx
sAx

RicerDude wrote:Potential for incredible race between Mercedes and RB, ruined by stupid tyres. Horrible race.
...and excessive fuel consumption for the Mercs!
Integrity, Trust, Respect.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/#!/sAx247

myurr
myurr

munudeges wrote:
myurr wrote:I don't like the team orders either, but that doesn't take away from Hamilton's drive. And you can't criticise the way he's handled himself after the race.
I hear the sound of double standards............. Laughable.

What Mercedes did was pointless in that they would have got third and fourth anyway and that will come back to bite them.
It could do. I don't usually like team orders, and if I ran Mercedes then I wouldn't have issued that order unless Rosberg also had a fuel issue (which Brawn says was marginal on his car as well).

But that doesn't take away from the fact that Vettel has benefitted from team orders numerous times and now hypocritically refuses to follow them now he's losing out for pretty much the first time. He's then gone on live TV to lie about the team orders. Classy.

If memory serves you were one of the people defending Vettel and criticising Webber after the Turkey incident. Apologies if not, but I'm not sure about your impartiality here.

beelsebob
beelsebob

MWcrazyhorse wrote:Logic and Sportsmanship without double standard:

Red Bull does not tell Webber to let Vettel pass. Red Bull does not tell Vettel to let Webber Pass. Correct?
Correct.
Therefor Red Bull does not tell Vettel to not Pass Webber.
There is no implication here. Logic failure.

munudeges
munudeges

myurr wrote:Had Vettel never benefitted from a team order then you'd have more of a case. As it is both you and he are the hypocrites for defending team orders when they benefit Vettel but crying when he's called out for ignoring them and then lying about it.
:lol: ](*,)

Beyond all help and reason.

bhall
bhall

It's so easy to spot allegiance these days.