2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Raptor22
Raptor22

Re: 2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

Juzh wrote:The amount of double standards on this forum is outrageous. Vettel beat mark, the end. When mark was told in silverstone 2011 to stay put he ignored it and attacked vettel fair and square, yet at that time everyone was fine with it. GTFO.

100% CORRECT. As usual Webber throws his toys when it doesn't work out his way.
Vettel 3 x WDC..............Webber not even the same number of race victories.

What Vettel did to Webber is the same thing Senna would have done any of his team mates. Its racing and I'm pretty glad he took he initiative and over took Webber.

Strange how no one makes a bog deal of Webber trying to put Vettel into the wall...

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

You seem to not understand. Webber ignored the team orders and forced Vettel to defend in the dying laps, which he managed to do.
For the time they are teammates Mark has always tried to make Seb's life harder, even at the last deciding race last year. He still thinks that he has the young rookie against him to play mind games like in 2010.

P.S. I mean at Silverstone.
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

On another topic... Raikonnen must have been furious at Hulkenberg... the guy was driving very dirty. Any news on if he will be penalised?

myurr
myurr

Raptor22 wrote:
Juzh wrote:The amount of double standards on this forum is outrageous. Vettel beat mark, the end. When mark was told in silverstone 2011 to stay put he ignored it and attacked vettel fair and square, yet at that time everyone was fine with it. GTFO.

What Vettel did to Webber is the same thing Senna would have done any of his team mates. Its racing and I'm pretty glad he took he initiative and over took Webber.

Strange how no one makes a bog deal of Webber trying to put Vettel into the wall...
Your final sentence shows your bias. Webber held the inside line, Vettel CHOSE to go inside of that when overtaking. Webber didn't put Vettel into the wall at all.

Hail22

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

myurr
myurr

Dragonfly wrote:You seem to not understand. Webber ignored the team orders and forced Vettel to defend in the dying laps, which he managed to do.
For the time they are teammates Mark has always tried to make Seb's life harder, even at the last deciding race last year. He still thinks that he has the young rookie against him to play mind games like in 2010.

P.S. I mean at Silverstone.
Mark followed him home, he didn't try a single move. He just followed round in his wheel tracks.

Joie de vivre

Maelstrom wrote:On another topic... Raikonnen must have been furious at Hulkenberg... the guy was driving very dirty. Any news on if he will be penalised?
For what? Racing?

stefan_
stefan_

Raptor22 wrote:

Now this escalated pretty quickly. It was Vettel's decision to go in that gap.

It's about attitude in the end. If you want to behave like a 3x WDC you don't say "Mark is too slow, get him out of the way", you don't chase Karthikeyan on 3 wheels to show him the finger, you don't expect all the cars to jump out of your way and let you through just because you are Vettel and most of all, you don't act like a spoiled brat when you are 25.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

Joie de vivre wrote:
Maelstrom wrote:On another topic... Raikonnen must have been furious at Hulkenberg... the guy was driving very dirty. Any news on if he will be penalised?
For what? Racing?
There was a point of the race where he drove into Raikonnen and nearly bumped tyres with him. Raikonnen even spoke about it on the team radio. Anyone have more news on this?
Last edited by Maelstrom on 24 Mar 2013, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.

Hail22

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

beelsebob
beelsebob

Maelstrom wrote:
Joie de vivre wrote:
For what? Racing?
There was a point of the race where he drove into Raikonnen and nearly bumped tyres at him. Raikonnen even spoke about it on the team radio. Anyone have more news on this?
To be fair... The racing line swings to the right at that point. Hulkenberg simply followed that racing line. Raikonnen had room to move over, he wasn't being pushed beyond the edge of the track.

I saw nothing at all wrong with it.

FW17

Pirelli joke continues. Today it took 5 sets of tyres to do 58 laps.

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

stefan_ wrote:
Raptor22 wrote:

Now this escalated pretty quickly. It was Vettel's decision to go in that gap
Barichello was a moron for going in the gap with Schumi at Hungary.

It's the same, as I posted earlier, there was a car and 3/4 gap, and Vettel went for it, and Webber closed the door as much as possible without contact.

Webber was being dirty.

beelsebob
beelsebob

WilliamsF1 wrote:Pirelli joke continues. Today it took 5 sets of tyres to do 58 laps.
Which was exactly what they planned at the start of the season... Good job pirelli!

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

WilliamsF1 wrote:Pirelli joke continues. Today it took 5 sets of tyres to do 58 laps.
Didn't realise Pirelli made it rain.