2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Re: 2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

Gerhard Berger wrote:to be fair to Vettel, a similar thing happened in Silverstone in 2011 with Webber ignoring the team order to hold position. In the end Webber didn't get past Vettel so no one really cared about it.

Being a Ferrari fan, i don't really like Vettel, but i thought this was probably his best win. He really had to work for it.
Really? In a superior car against a team mate who was saving fuel? I don't think so. His Monza win in the wet in a Torro Rosso has to be his best to date.

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

ChrisF1 wrote:
myurr wrote:
ChrisF1 wrote:Watch again then, Vettel is parallel, Webber moves over whilst they are side by side.
Watch it again, that is not what happened. Post pictures with lines to support your claim if you think there is evidence.
Here you go:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/ ... 18653e.jpg

Vettel alongside on both, look at the gap between Webber and the pitwall in both, and the white line which is parallel to the pitwall.
This looks very similar to Schumacher/Barrichello in Hungary 2006. Funny how the media reaction is different when different drivers are involved.

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Diesel wrote:
Gerhard Berger wrote:to be fair to Vettel, a similar thing happened in Silverstone in 2011 with Webber ignoring the team order to hold position. In the end Webber didn't get past Vettel so no one really cared about it.

Being a Ferrari fan, i don't really like Vettel, but i thought this was probably his best win. He really had to work for it.
Really? In a superior car against a team mate who was saving fuel? I don't think so. His Monza win in the wet in a Torro Rosso has to be his best to date.
They are driving equal cars. If one of them appears to be superior in the closing stage of the race you should ask yourself why.
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

beelsebob
beelsebob

Gerhard Berger wrote:This looks very similar to Schumacher/Barrichello in Hungary 2006. Funny how the media reaction is different when different drivers are involved.
I'm utterly amazed that you guys can't see the difference. In one example, the driver did not move further right once the other driver was along side. In the other example, the driver moved half the width of the track once the other was along side.

Raptor22
Raptor22

kilcoo316 wrote:
GrizzleBoy wrote:Guys, I'm sure we can make our points without insulting each other.
Not if certain people are simply too stupid to understand, or even read up on, how the sport has been ran for decades.

Perhaps they could do with reading the circumstances and events of the 1956 Italian GP before coming out with the tripe that is in this thread.

its only tripe when an english speaking driver is wronged.
If the english speaking driver is advantaged its hailed as "brilliant tactics".

Hail22

beelsebob wrote:
Gerhard Berger wrote:This looks very similar to Schumacher/Barrichello in Hungary 2006. Funny how the media reaction is different when different drivers are involved.
I'm utterly amazed that you guys can't see the difference. In one example, the driver did not move further right once the other driver was along side. In the other example, the driver moved half the width of the track once the other was along side.
Don't worry Beelse...I'm on the same page as you...just tired, burnt and looking forward flying home soon!

by the way...a picture paints a thousand words:

Lewis unimpressed/unhappy?

Last edited by Hail22 on 24 Mar 2013, 15:14, edited 2 times in total.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Websta

Not to perpetuate the argument any further, but the Silverstone incident is different in that:

1. Webber did yield after only 2 or 3 attacks - he would have gotten past if he had kept attacking.
2. Vettel was aware that Webber was attacking in Silverstone and the team orders were given once Webber had started to close in and they were not assumed conditions prior to that. We are yet to actually hear the radio transmissions to Webber in today's race, but the team told him to slow down and that Vettel would not attack, yet Vettel did attack and eroded the lead that Webber had built up.
Last edited by Websta on 24 Mar 2013, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.

MWcrazyhorse
MWcrazyhorse

I am thinking if after Webber pushes his team mate Vettel into the wall there would have been a fatal crash the english speaking media would still blame ze German.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Dragonfly wrote:
Diesel wrote:

They are driving equal cars. If one of them appears to be superior in the closing stage of the race you should ask yourself why.
Because one was on fuel saving, and the other was not, because he ignored the instruction from his team. They were also on different tyres. That's why.

Hail22

MWcrazyhorse wrote:I am thinking if after Webber pushes his team mate Vettel into the wall there would have been a fatal crash the english speaking media would still blame ze German.
That's pure conjecture...come on please lets stay on facts here!

Post Race interview Massa:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHJF3unb5l0[/youtube]
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

fiohaa
fiohaa

awesome race,
i loved the bit at the end where they were all cruising around at the end to save tyres.

Dyanxx
Dyanxx

Hail22 wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
Don't worry Beelse...I'm on the same page as you...just tired, burnt and looking forward flying home soon!

by the way...a picture paints a thousand words:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/ ... 34x401.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/ ... 34x286.jpg

Lewis unimpressed/unhappy?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/ ... 34x328.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/ ... 34x422.jpg
Hamilton felt embarrassed to be on the podium instead of Nico.

iotar__

It wasn't similar. Where was keep 3 s gap for a start? Where was Webber's "get him out of the way" whining? Where was Vettel's obeying team orders in the end? Best win? Yes, it's always easy for certain drivers to be brave against your team-mate who is expected to behave in a certain way. You know: for the team's sake, a lot of space. He didn't look that good against Alonso, Button or Hamilton last season when he had to be at his best in those situations. It was a mess instead, lost wins and penalties.

It's funny to observe certain double standards, if one situation was OK second wasn't, some people like both funnily enough. My view: every case is different. Differences 1. Webb-Vett no big difference in pace caused by fuel saving. 2. Nothing to gain for the team from fight/switching positions. Rosberg could at least try to put some pressure on Red Bulls, Brawn could order Hamilton to move out of the way to avoid problems, if he wanted to, right?

And what's going on with this kindergarten stuff and being all apologetic and nice, while at the same DOING exactly the opposite? This approach that whatever you do is not important as long as you bullshit your way out of it with fake statements? It's mostly about Vettel but Mercedes situation, too. If Hamilton really felt that Rosberg deserved to be in front of him he had every opportunity to let him pass. He clearly did not do/think that while on the track.

theblackangus
theblackangus

Raptor22 wrote:

+1

Webber is a cry baby who should really retire
I think it was Vettel crying about how his FASTER teammate should have been made to let him by...
Don't know what race you watched...

Traction

While I still think the team orders are retarded and Vettel as a 3 times champion should not play second fiddle to webber who has done nothing for RB in the way of titles Vettel has admitted that he was in the wrong and apologized ..

Sebastian Vettel, 1st: “I messed up today. I would love to come up with a nice excuse as to why I did it, but I can’t. I can understand Mark’s frustration and the team not being happy with what I did today; I owe an explanation to him and the whole team. I will try to explain to them later. We talk about this situation happening many times and what we will do if and when it happens and normally it doesn’t, but today it did and I should have translated the call into action. I got the call and I ignored it. Mark and I are used to fighting each other when we’re close, but with the tyres how they are now, and not knowing how long they will last, it was an extremely big risk to ignore the call to stay second. We could have ended up finishing eighth or ninth after destroying the tyres in those two laps; I put myself above a team decision, which was wrong. I didn’t mean to and I apologise. I’m not happy I’ve won, I made a mistake and if I could undo it I would. It’s not easy right now and I owe apologies to Mark and the team.”
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel