Lotus F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Donuts

Re: Lotus F1 Team 2013

korzeniow wrote:yes, the one with plaits is Vettel

http://i.imgur.com/ZrWO6lE.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

Phil

What's wrong with Grosjean this year? Last year, he was really quick in qualifying and quite impressive on races when he wasn't involved in any crashes most of the time. This year, he's just disappeared. I don't think it's that Kimi simply stepped up his game - it's more as if Grosjean has stepped his down.

Has he not been receiving all the updates and at the same time is trying to avoid trouble which makes him go under? Or is he finding it more difficult to adjust to the tyres of this year?

I'm a bit puzzled...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Donuts

Phil wrote:What's wrong with Grosjean this year? Last year, he was really quick in qualifying and quite impressive on races when he wasn't involved in any crashes most of the time. This year, he's just disappeared. I don't think it's that Kimi simply stepped up his game - it's more as if Grosjean has stepped his down.

Has he not been receiving all the updates and at the same time is trying to avoid trouble which makes him go under? Or is he finding it more difficult to adjust to the tyres of this year?

I'm a bit puzzled...
Me too. Being more careful in the races is one thing that might have effected him, but that does'nt explain his poor qualifying. He needs to "up" his game quickly, Lotus can't afford having him ruin (again) their chances at a good spot in the constructors championship!
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

raymondu999

I'd wager he's not happy with having exhaust-sensitive downforce.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Neno
Neno

raymondu999 wrote:I'd wager he's not happy with having exhaust-sensitive downforce.
He pretty much going ala Vettel beggining of season last year. Introducing coanda, and tunnel ramp with sensitive
downforce where he is not sure if he can push car to limit, but just keep him on track driving a bit safer.

stefan_
stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Rikhart
Rikhart

stefan_ wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYTWyjPuF60[/youtube]
Nice vid =D>

blokkie
blokkie

Phil wrote:What's wrong with Grosjean this year? Last year, he was really quick in qualifying and quite impressive on races when he wasn't involved in any crashes most of the time. This year, he's just disappeared. I don't think it's that Kimi simply stepped up his game - it's more as if Grosjean has stepped his down.

I'm a bit puzzled...
In My opinion he takes the race-setup to do qualifying this year because of tire-degradation while last year it did not make such a diffirance.
Setting up the car to do 1 single super fast lap will get him a good position on the starting grid but it will mean the tyers will degrade much faster due to higher downforce , more grip .. etc. (see rosberg in bahrain)
Kimi on the other hand always went for race-setup . This year and last year.
So in all ... I think grosjan is just beeing smart and is learning from Kimi and the team. Sure he can demand a quali-setup but in the long run during the race it will hurt him. Unable to defend his position or more pit-stops.

That's my thought on this.

stefan_
stefan_

Part 2 of the above posted video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK5nEwjqkQ8[/youtube]
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Ral
Ral

Jenny Moore who featured in the first part, is part of the pit-stop crew by the looks of that. Good for her for having the guts to volunteer for that (assuming it is a voluntary thing, like at McLaren) :)

korzeniow
korzeniow

When do you guys expect Lotus to be switching its resources to the 2014 car? They certainly don't have sufficient financial backup to support this year's campaign.

With Mercedes switching half of their resources to next year's car in couple of weeks, I think that it's the most reasonable approach.

The thing is that for Mercedes it's easy call since they aren't involved in neither of title fights.

It's a paradox. Lotus produced car capable of championship but the championship isn't a priority.... :oops:
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

gary123

Dyanxx
Dyanxx

If true that's a big blow and I can't see Lotus being able to produce a good enough car to keep Kimi for next year now.

ImaCobra
ImaCobra

Apparently Lotus are considering not running KERS in the future. https://twitter.com/Inside_F1/status/331847446151983104

korzeniow
korzeniow

gary123 wrote:James allison leaves lotus
http://www.blogf1.it/2013/05/07/esclusi ... k-chester/
What a shame... :cry: :cry:

Not only Lotus will lose such a talented engineer, the opposition will find out about Lotus secrets like DRD, FRIC or tyre management.

I still hope this is just a rumour
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013