Ferrari F138

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Forza

Re: Ferrari F138

Monaco GP -Thursday - 23/5/13

stefan_
stefan_

Monaco 2013 - Thursday (23.05.2013)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

marco.pav94

Some differences in the floor near gearbox

aleks_ader

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
marco.pav94 wrote:Hello i'm new in this forum, even if it's long time i follow that, and i find discussions really interesting!
I was wondering if in this image I can really see a DDRS duct in the circle, what do you think?
Hello Marco, welcome. I do not believe that is for DDRS. The area in question has been on the car since the launch of the F2012.
Not really there are just hydraulics for DRS...

I m gona find pic of F2012...
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Godius

Hail22 wrote:I spy with my little eye....

I see turning veins for the ray mouth?

http://i42.tinypic.com/2lj111h.jpg
I think that they are turning veins too.

marco.pav94

aleksandergreat wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
marco.pav94 wrote:Hello i'm new in this forum, even if it's long time i follow that, and i find discussions really interesting!
I was wondering if in this image I can really see a DDRS duct in the circle, what do you think?
Hello Marco, welcome. I do not believe that is for DDRS. The area in question has been on the car since the launch of the F2012.

Yes, I realized too late it was there from the beginning, but i thought it coul be correlated with the hole on the rear wing.
However, now I think it can't be because the duct is too little for an air stream.

Pilatus

aleks_ader

aleksandergreat wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:

Like i promise:
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

froggy
froggy

[quote="Crucial_Xtreme"]Flo-vis in FP1

http://formula1.com/wi/enlarge/sutton/2 ... 23my65.jpg

via Sutton

Woah! Do i see a RBR style hole in the rear wing endplate right above the beam wing! Look at the flo-vis where the beam wing meets the endplate!

wesley123
wesley123

Those are vortices, nothing special really
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

sucof

There is a longer vertical winglet under the break duct, is that new? I recently saw this treatment on the williams too. I think this might be a nice tool for sealing the diffuser by better directing the exhaust gases.

amouzouris

It seems there is an upgrade on the brake ducts..
There is a new inlet (I think it is an inlet) on the monaco spec:

This is the spain spec:

I'm curious if that's an inlet for brake cooling tailored to monaco or for flow management.

ecapox

Does that rear wing leading edge look a lot thicker than normal? It may just be the reflection, but the reflection looks to be following the entire profile of the leading edge and that would lead me to believe it isnt a reflection of something on the wall or the like.

tpe
tpe

ecapox wrote:Does that rear wing leading edge look a lot thicker than normal? It may just be the reflection, but the reflection looks to be following the entire profile of the leading edge and that would lead me to believe it isnt a reflection of something on the wall or the like.
It does seems like thicker.

bhall
bhall

ecapox wrote:Does that rear wing leading edge look a lot thicker than normal? It may just be the reflection, but the reflection looks to be following the entire profile of the leading edge and that would lead me to believe it isnt a reflection of something on the wall or the like.
I spent a little time looking at the rear wing trying to figure out the purpose of the new slots on the main plane. Thinking they might somehow be DDRS-related, I compared the difference in thickness between the endplates used in Bahrain to those currently on the car, because the beam wing would likely be blown via ducts within the endplates. There's a subtle difference in the way they're painted, which makes it difficult to detect any structural difference.

The red and white meet exactly on the leading edge of the "Bahrain-spec" endplates, while the red paint on the "Monaco-spec" endplates is slightly wrapped around to the inside. That makes it appear thicker, but it could also very easily just be an illusion.

Bahrain

Monaco
Last edited by bhall on 24 May 2013, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.