Ferrari F138

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
scuderiaF2012
scuderiaF2012

Re: Ferrari F138

diffuser wrote:
Goran2812 wrote:meh... it's not a good car if you hope to God temps rise up... it's always something with them... shame for Fred, another season lost heh...
Fred?
some people call Fernando by a nickname of FRED

scuderiaF2012
scuderiaF2012

diffuser wrote:
Goran2812 wrote:meh... it's not a good car if you hope to God temps rise up... it's always something with them... shame for Fred, another season lost heh...

Dude!!!!! What's your definition of "a good car" ? Alonso's in 2nd place in Driver Championship and Massa sucks! ...ok that was a little strong.

I bet Merc and RBR are hoping they don't get temp's in the 30s .....
alonso MAY be second in WDC, but you have to look at who is leading and by how many points....36 points
and if that person.....the odds are that Vettel may win another one tomorrow (which most like will).....then it will be really hard for Fred to catch him...

all in all it is gonna be a HARD and long race for Alonso, but hey maybe with a bit of luck Vettel's run of LUCK may come to an and finally DNF

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

f300v10 wrote:
New R winglets, and it looks like the shape of the cascades are new as well. They seem flatter, and maybe wider?

Edit: on closer inspection the cascades have are the same as Monaco.
The cascades on the new FW with R-shaped winglets is new. Well the inner most top cascade is new. The upper & lower parts of the cascade are now separate instead of one piece. See just to the right of "V Power". :))

max_speed
max_speed

ferrari have wasted so far the best start of any season in recent years. some costly errors from pitwall and some bad luck. pirelli have to be blamed a bit tyres choices they hv made are bit conservative and under pressure from bulls and mercs.
somehow i have started to feel alonso is not gonna be blessed with another title. i dnt know wht has happened to ferrari bt looks like end of championship for them (optimist fans nt gonna agree with me bt its gonna be reality).

Chuckjr

max_speed wrote:ferrari have wasted so far the best start of any season in recent years. some costly errors from pitwall and some bad luck. pirelli have to be blamed a bit tyres choices they hv made are bit conservative and under pressure from bulls and mercs.
somehow i have started to feel alonso is not gonna be blessed with another title. i dnt know wht has happened to ferrari bt looks like end of championship for them (optimist fans nt gonna agree with me bt its gonna be reality).
" i have started to feel alonso is not gonna be blessed with another title"

This year or ever? You must mean this year only. Next year's car is a complete shuffle of the deck from huge chassis reg changes, no more exhaust assist, and a completely different engine requiring a totally different driving style. Maybe Ferrari will step up their car for the new game.
Watching F1 since 1986.

Hobbs04
Hobbs04

Chuckjr wrote:
max_speed wrote:ferrari have wasted so far the best start of any season in recent years. some costly errors from pitwall and some bad luck. pirelli have to be blamed a bit tyres choices they hv made are bit conservative and under pressure from bulls and mercs.
" i have started to feel alonso is not gonna be blessed with another title"

This year or ever? You must mean this year only. Next year's car is a complete shuffle of the deck from huge chassis reg changes, no more exhaust assist, and a completely different engine requiring a totally different driving style. Maybe Ferrari will step up their car for the new game.
It's been since 2009 when Ferrari have fallen from grace. If they ever have a chance it should be next year. It's like a bad DMT trip for 4 years now.

Chuckjr

LOL. Nice. :lol:
Watching F1 since 1986.

Sombrero
Sombrero

Luca Di Montezemolo has done a very big mistake when he fired Kimi Raikkonen...

SectorOne

I think keeping Massa was the real issue. Clearly he´s so far past his prime you start to wonder if he´s got a picture of Monte and Bernie kissing and that´s the only thing keeping his seat in F1.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

f1316
f1316

You have to look at 2009-2013 as a particular era of regulations, albeit with some tweaks throughout. And Ferrari have never been fully mastered these regulations; they've had good cars at certain points in certain conditions, but never consistently the best one.

But, if we were to say that 98-2004 was a specific 'era' of regs and 2005-2008 another (with 2005 being kind of exceptional due to the whole race tyres) Ferrari were generally the best in both. The 2009 changes completely changed the aero rules and, I would argue, didn't play to Ferrari - as a manufacturer -'s strengths, placing less emphasis on mechanical expertise/engine development and more on aero efficiency.

The Ferrari wind tunnel obviously wasn't quite good enough when tiny aerodynamic details can make all the difference. It should have been more thoroughly addressed earlier but, as the difficulties McLaren are having demonstrate, the old Toyota one isn't perfect either. Hopefully the Maranello one will be state-of-the-art for 2014.

Hopefully that's not too far off-topic and, on topic, it's particularly strange to see things that were *raced* last time - and in a race where Ferrari said Alonso would have challenged for the win if he'd started at the front - suddenly disappear from the car without being run *at all*. Did they learn from the race data that the bigger nose and sidepod bridges didn't work as expected? Because - correct me if I'm wrong - but the nose doesn't seem to have appeared at all this weekend, so how can they even know if it's not working as expected at Silverstone?

I suspect a big part this weekend is the wrong setup and the cold conditions/harder tyres. These are mistakes, but possible isolated ones. I wouldn't be at all surprised either if the car was much better in the race.

stefan_
stefan_

Great Britain 2013 - Sunday (30.06.2013)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

F1.Ru

Ferrari F138 - new rear wing
ImageImage

Ferrari have debuted a new rear wing at the high-speed Silverstone circuit, the major change being the vertical slot (left

arrow) in the front, lower section of the endplate, as originally introduced by Williams and since used by several other

teams. Meanwhile, the area where the end of the flap section meets the endplate is quite similar to the solution used by the

Scuderia at the last round in Canada.

© Formula1.com
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

stefan_
stefan_

Great Britain 2013 - Sunday (30.06.2013)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

diffuser

scuderiaF2012 wrote:
diffuser wrote:
Fred?
some people call Fernando by a nickname of FRED

Didn't know that.

diffuser

You're and Optimist Right?