Ferrari F138

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
F1NAC

Re: Ferrari F138

KennyBama wrote:Has there been a revision to the front wing?
That's new wing introduced in SIlverstone but never ran

Kiril Varbanov

TheRMVR wrote:
TheRMVR wrote:So according to this Swiss source -talking about the downfall and possible bankruptcy of Sauber- Ferrari use the wind tunnel in Hinwill instead of receiving cash for their engines from Sauber.

Are there any sources that confirm Ferrari using the Hinwill wind tunnel?

http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/sport/motor ... y/27631243
No one hearing anything of Ferrari using the Sauber facilities?
Not yet, but using their tunnel has nothing to do with the cost of engines. I mean, engines are much more expensive than some wind tunnel hours besides I doubt they would like a new base - Toyota's facility is already a known commodity.

stefan_
stefan_

Germany 2013 - Friday (05.07.2013)

via Ferran Figuerola
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

TheRMVR

Kiril Varbanov wrote:
TheRMVR wrote:
TheRMVR wrote:So according to this Swiss source -talking about the downfall and possible bankruptcy of Sauber- Ferrari use the wind tunnel in Hinwill instead of receiving cash for their engines from Sauber.

Are there any sources that confirm Ferrari using the Hinwill wind tunnel?

http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/sport/motor ... y/27631243
No one hearing anything of Ferrari using the Sauber facilities?
Not yet, but using their tunnel has nothing to do with the cost of engines. I mean, engines are much more expensive than some wind tunnel hours besides I doubt they would like a new base - Toyota's facility is already a known commodity.
That is true but we don't know how much Sauber has left to pay for the engines. Besides, Sauber doesn't have money, Ferrari doesn't need it, and the Hinwill wind tunnel is rumored to be the best there is.. But I guess we will have to wait and see.

Goran2812
Goran2812

what's going on with Alonso's car? Great start to the weekend -.-
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

stefan_
stefan_

Germany 2013 - Friday (05.07.2013)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

majki2111

Goran2812 wrote:what's going on with Alonso's car? Great start to the weekend -.-
ECU problem.

SectorOne

Was this really the smartest place to put that strap? Cringe just thinking about it.
Right over the winglets.

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Goran2812
Goran2812

pictures 4 and 5... the round gray marks... what are those?
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

ecapox

Goran2812 wrote:pictures 4 and 5... the round gray marks... what are those?
Those are called "interesting".....technical term.

sucof

ecapox wrote:
The spots are visible on pic 9 too. Looks like just some last minute body work to me.

THENOMAD79
THENOMAD79

increase the efficiency of the diffuser ... maybe

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

sucof wrote:
ecapox wrote:
The spots are visible on pic 9 too. Looks like just some last minute body work to me.
Aren't they just places to fix bodywork with hex keys..or are you folks refering to something else?

diffuser

TheRMVR wrote:
Kiril Varbanov wrote:
TheRMVR wrote: Not yet, but using their tunnel has nothing to do with the cost of engines. I mean, engines are much more expensive than some wind tunnel hours besides I doubt they would like a new base - Toyota's facility is already a known commodity.

I seem to remember that the cost of engines is around 5 million per year (V8) and they're climbing to 15-25 next year depending on the team. I think i read that Ferrari is one of the least expensive at 16 million.

I've read that a wind tunnel cost $500/hr to rent. Which would make a 40hr week cost $40k, not Chump change.

Valentino
Valentino

Does Ferrari have a lower nose cone for Germany?