Ferrari F138

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
McG

Re: Ferrari F138

On board camera there is a weird noise coming from both Ferrari's at high speed. Sounds like something grinding.
Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

Alonso Fan

it was happening at silverstone too, anyone know what it is??

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiKboylIzg0[/youtube]

i don't think it's grinding
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

donskar
donskar

Well, Alonso said Germany would be a true indication of Ferrari's pace.

I hope he is very wrong. Otherwise we can only look forward to next year. (Yes, I know the F138 is better in the race than in qualifying. I know they gave up any attempt at the pole, but starting 7th and 8th is not a good sign.) It would appear the F138's performance puts it 3rd or 4th, behind Red Bull, M-B, and sometimes Lotus.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

diffuser

donskar wrote:Well, Alonso said Germany would be a true indication of Ferrari's pace.

I hope he is very wrong. Otherwise we can only look forward to next year. (Yes, I know the F138 is better in the race than in qualifying. I know they gave up any attempt at the pole, but starting 7th and 8th is not a good sign.) It would appear the F138's performance puts it 3rd or 4th, behind Red Bull, M-B, and sometimes Lotus.

I think what is more import is how far behind they are in Quali. If we look at Massa in Q2, He ran a 1:29.8. Vettel and Webber did a 1:29.5 and 129.6 respectively in Q3. At the moment Alonso is racing Vettel. So 3 10th isn't bad. We'll see tomorrow what happens, in that last 2 races Vettel's race pace has looked faster that Alonso's.

Also Tomorrow, they're calling for even warmer temps so the tract temp might reach mid 40s. I think that causes RBR and Merc overtemp in the front tires in the high speed corners.

Sevach
Sevach

diffuser wrote:
Mui wrote:It looks like they're going to revert to the Barcelona exhaust setup.

What makes you say that ?????
They did revert to Barcelona exhaust.

Mui
Mui

diffuser wrote:
Mui wrote:It looks like they're going to revert to the Barcelona exhaust setup.

What makes you say that ?????
I watched fp3 and both cars were using the older setup. Usually that indicates that's the setup they're going for and I doubt they would have time to change the exhausts and setup.. etc.

Pilatus

Alonso Fan wrote:it was happening at silverstone too, anyone know what it is??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiKboylIzg0

Something related to 6th and 7th gears.
Maybe a different type of gears?

aleks_ader

Qualify Germany; Short "Barcelona" exhaust

Pilatus wrote:

Nothing special just rev limiter...
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

sucof

diffuser wrote:
donskar wrote:Well, Alonso said Germany would be a true indication of Ferrari's pace.

I think what is more import is how far behind they are in Quali. If we look at Massa in Q2, He ran a 1:29.8. Vettel and Webber did a 1:29.5 and 129.6 respectively in Q3. At the moment Alonso is racing Vettel. So 3 10th isn't bad. We'll see tomorrow what happens, in that last 2 races Vettel's race pace has looked faster that Alonso's.

Also Tomorrow, they're calling for even warmer temps so the tract temp might reach mid 40s. I think that causes RBR and Merc overtemp in the front tires in the high speed corners.
Indeed, looking at the times, it looks better for Ferrari. I think they were confident about their pace so much that they dare to chose a different strategy for tomorrow, so this is not a defensive strategy. It might be that tomorrow we will see Red bull and Merc struggling with their tires.
This is good news for Ferrari regarding the new tires.

Alonso Fan

aleksandergreat wrote:Qualify Germany; Short "Barcelona" exhaust

http://www.motorsport-magazin.com/image ... 512692.jpg

http://www.motorsport-magazin.com/image ... 512721.jpg
Pilatus wrote:

Nothing special just rev limiter...

how can it be the rev limiter?

it doesn't happen on any other car and didn't used to happen on this one either
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

donskar
donskar

sucof wrote:
diffuser wrote:

Indeed, looking at the times, it looks better for Ferrari. I think they were confident about their pace so much that they dare to chose a different strategy for tomorrow, so this is not a defensive strategy. It might be that tomorrow we will see Red bull and Merc struggling with their tires.
This is good news for Ferrari regarding the new tires.
Thanks for the responses, guys. Hoping you're right . . .
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

KennyBama

Somewhat confused. Why they purposely didn't go for it in Q3. Saving tires must be there plan for race day. After quali Alonso seemed happy with the car. Any guesses on the strategy?

TheGkbrk
TheGkbrk

Little bit offtopic but our strategy should be 2 stops with PPO tomorrow. Also we got one set of unused options.

On topic how did F138 looked on long runs anyone knows?

BlackSwan
BlackSwan

TheGkbrk wrote:Little bit offtopic but our strategy should be 2 stops with PPO tomorrow. Also we got one set of unused options.

Pace good on Option slower than redbull on Prime, but tomorrow will be hot so something could change.

Huntresa
Huntresa

TheGkbrk wrote:Little bit offtopic but our strategy should be 2 stops with PPO tomorrow. Also we got one set of unused options.

I think he can do 2 stopper.