The Ultimate Racing Car

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Richard
Richard

Re: The Ultimate Racing Car

It's Newey's daydream that was doodled in an afternoon. I doubt it has been designed in any engineering sense.

SectorOne

And World Trade Center 7 was a controlled demolition "because it looks like it"...
Nevermind everything else, it simply looks like it, therefore 100% true regardless of everything else.

That is a great way to see things...
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Tim.Wright

I give up...
Not the engineer at Force India

hollus

SectorOne wrote: You do know that what you just said is backed up by thin air right?
You do know that Polyphony Digitial that has sold over 70 million copies of the Gran Turismo Franchise really doesn´t need to create publicity stunts.
Sony is behind Polyphony, Gran Turismo is usually bundled with a PS3. They don´t need to create fake PR stunts.

Then we can look at Kazunori and Newey, both through and through racers, both participate in racing whenever they can, Kazunori for example usually does the 24H of Nurburgring.

These are petrol heads. To suggest that they would create a fake car just for PR stunt goes against everything they stand for.
Your statements are just as much backed only by thin air, SectorOne. Just because what you say cannot be disproved, it doesn't mean that it can disprove the other side's arguments. Please learn to accept other people's points of view. You don't have to share them, but the purpose of these forums is not to beat everybody else either!
If you really think that a company that sells tens of millions of games, that exists to sell games, has no time for PR stunts, you have never heard of marketing.
Red Bull must be pissed off that Adrian spent hundreds of hours carefully designing and refining this car instead of finding an extra tenth in the real F1 car. Oh, no, wait, he did it in his spare time, of course.
I say Adrian spent about 1 hour on that car, and that drawing on paper.
Rivals, not enemies.

Richard
Richard

In video Newey says "I did a few sketches". That's a doodled daydream.

By the way does 9/11 equate to Godwins law?

SectorOne

hollus wrote:Your statements are just as much backed only by thin air, SectorOne. Just because what you say cannot be disproved, it doesn't mean that it can disprove the other side's arguments. Please learn to accept other people's points of view. You don't have to share them, but the purpose of these forums is not to beat everybody else either!
I think the real problem here is that there´s far more weight on one side while the other has a weight of "it looks designed"
richard_leeds wrote:In video Newey says "I did a few sketches". That's a doodled daydream.
Yea he does sketches on his real car as well, he´s the last dinosaur in F1 as he likes to say.
He probably did another sketch to build upon when he tweaked the design of the X2010 to the X2011.

What Goodwin´s law has to do with 9/11 only you can answer i think.

hollus wrote:I say Adrian spent about 1 hour on that car, and that drawing on paper.
So when he tweaked the design a year later it was just "Can you make it more pretty?"
GT5 sales are bad.....

I´m quite baffled at how people here have a hard time to realize that Newey might actually have taken this seriously and genuinely wanted to create a car with the help of PD which would disregard any regulations.
(and even followed up on the design a year later)

They have all the tools and the brains to actually create the fastest car in Newey´s mind, it´s not like it´s Lotus Classic cars that has designed it.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

wesley123
wesley123

Just because Newey draw a few nice lines and Polyphony said "look it has 1500bhp, can corner 8G and weights 545kg" doesnt make it true and the fastest thing ever. It just are a lot of zeroes and ones. I can go and spin up rFactor right now, use a 2008 F1 mod, pick the MP4-23, give the car a ridiculous amount of horsepower, lower the weight to 0 and give it a ridiculous amount of downforce, is then out of a sudden the MP4-23 the ultimate racing car? NO.

Seriously, that car hasnt seen CFD, a wind tunnel, as a matter of fact it's real life chassis is hardly a rolling chassis, how you can consider it the fastest ever is beyond me, it is nothing more than a cool design with a huge red bull sticker on it that somewhat resembles their F1 car that is represented in game by a lot of fancy looking numbers that will never be true in real life.

It is nothing more than just a fancy promotional thing for both Red Bull and Polyphony, much like any Red Bull event.

I could go on and say some bad things about people who actually believe this is the ultimate thing, but I think it would be better if I did not.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

SectorOne

Actually Wesley, this is what i wrote,
"I´ll take Newey´s creation any day of the week. Assuming it would exist as a fully functional car."
I think i specifically used the word theoretical ALOT as well.

If it has seen CFD we haven´t seen, but we have seen CAD data in the video. This same data could easily be put in a CFD program and get actual data on the car to see if it actually works. (as good as it gets in terms of purely using CFD)

another point to consider is that Newey is an innovator, he doesn´t like regulation changes that always seems to be targeted to slow down his cars.

Then one day PD contacts him and say, well how would you like to create the ultimate speed machine in your mind?
No regulations you can do whatever you want except for one thing, respect the laws of nature.
It seems to me this is Newey heaven, all that brain let loose on a fun project.

And still not one person has answered the question, why not go all out?
Time? You know how long Red Bull has been working on it?

No instead it went like this, ring ring, yea it´s Newey, Hi i´m Kazunori, i want to use you to build a car that is pure design but just looks really really fast. And then we will fool the world into thinking we actually put time in it.

We want to create the illusion it´s real but it´s really not, nevermind the fact that we could make the illusion real rather then faking it. Just draw "something" Newey..
Last edited by SectorOne on 09 Aug 2013, 17:23, edited 2 times in total.

Tim.Wright

One more bite...

You know, to even get such a wild concept finalised, you would need about 6 months of full time R&D and simulation work.

The reason why I'm standing by my "It doesn't look designed" standpoint is that I have a reasonable idea of what it wouldn't take to properly engineer a car time wise, and resource wise. And I'm not naive enough to think that Sony would have funded any such activity.

In fact, I didn't think anyone could be so gullible as to think that this was anything other than some back of a napkin fun from Adrian.
SectorOne wrote:No instead it went like this, ring ring, yea it´s Newey, Hi i´m Kazunori, i want to use you to build a car that is pure design but just looks really really fast. And then we will fool the world into thinking we actually put time in it.

We want to create the illusion it´s real but it´s really not, nevermind the fact that we could make the illusion real rather then faking it. Just draw "something" Newey..
The ironic thing is that would be pretty much spot on...
Last edited by Tim.Wright on 09 Aug 2013, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
Not the engineer at Force India

SectorOne

So you are saying Adrian Newey is a cold faced liar?

Don´t dodge the obvious now.
Last edited by SectorOne on 09 Aug 2013, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.

Richard
Richard

No we're saying he's honest when he said he doodled some sketches and wrote down some round numbers.

Sony created a data file in an arcade game to show that a graphic with big numbers goes faster on the screen than a graphic with small numbers.

If you need to reference 9/11 to support your argument then its game over.