2014 Engine yin yang

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
xpensive
xpensive

Re: 2014 Engine ying yang

I still believe that MHPE have found a way to by-pass the fuel-flow limit, can't be any other way if the have found 100 xtra Hp!
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

GitanesBlondes

xpensive wrote:I still believe that MHPE have found a way to by-pass the fuel-flow limit, can't be any other way if the have found 100 xtra Hp!
If this is the case, I can't wait to see Australia when Charlie Whiting is standing there scratching his head unsure of what decision to make. I suspect he'll hit the speed dial to see what Bernie wants. It must kill Norbert he can't be a part of this whole thing?
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

marcush.
marcush.

you bet
that´s how you push your interests -ommitting unnecessary detail -and leak the filtered message to someone you can be sure of spreading it quickly....

xpensive
xpensive

Knowing competitive engineers, I'm certain the thought of cheating the flow-metering device was the first thing on their minds.

GrandAxe
GrandAxe

It has to be politics.
If its Merc, then they want to frighten the skin off the opposition; if its one off the opposition, they either want to harass Merc or make the engine era look like a stitch-up to the wider F1 audience.

It could be a thousand and one political things, but a 100hp advantage? With the 2014 rules, that seems (except Merc has employed Merlin) almost psychedelic.
Someone is throwing a curveball... Or its just journalists doing their thing again.

Rikhart
Rikhart

Whats a "ying yang"? I know Yin Yang, the chinese concept, this one new? 8)
Last edited by Rikhart on 18 Aug 2013, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.

Richard
Richard

It started here :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 99#p127799
BreezyRacer wrote:I really regret that this technical posting has turned into a fanboy ying yang.
Then Ciro gave it his blessing
Ciro Pabón wrote:I'm not listening, la, la, la, I'm not listening...

WhiteBlue

xpensive wrote:I still believe that MHPE have found a way to by-pass the fuel-flow limit, can't be any other way if the have found 100 xtra Hp!
Your opinion is noted and documented. :wink:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

lewishamilton90
lewishamilton90

non conta solo la potenza...il motore migliore sara quello che avra il giusto equilibrio tra cavalli,affidabilita e consumi...2 aspetti fondamentali

wuzak
wuzak

GitanesBlondes wrote:
If this is the case, I can't wait to see Australia when Charlie Whiting is standing there scratching his head unsure of what decision to make. I suspect he'll hit the speed dial to see what Bernie wants. It must kill Norbert he can't be a part of this whole thing?
It has nothing to do with Charlie Whiting.

It will be down to the scrutineers and the stewards.

Bear in mind that if they get caught cheating on such an item they could face a very sever punishment. Toyota (TTE) built a bypass into their turbo intake, getting around the air flow restrictions in place at the time. Their reward, when caught, was a couple of years holiday from the sport.

xpensive
xpensive

wuzak wrote: ...
It has nothing to do with Charlie Whiting.

It will be down to the scrutineers and the stewards.

Bear in mind that if they get caught cheating on such an item they could face a very sever punishment. Toyota (TTE) built a bypass into their turbo intake, getting around the air flow restrictions in place at the time. Their reward, when caught, was a couple of years holiday from the sport.
When MHPE will claim that it's a matter of interpretation of the rules, I think it will soon end up far above the
scrutineers, I remember how MrM declared Brawn's DDD legal long before the first race of the 2009 season.

This will be no different, is a stream a flow?

@WB; I'm honored that you have recognized my opinion.

wuzak
wuzak

xpensive wrote:When MHPE will claim that it's a matter of interpretation of the rules, I think it will soon end up far above the
scrutineers, I remember how MrM declared Brawn's DDD legal long before the first race of the 2009 season.

You've lost me here X.

A stream has a mass flow. The regulations define a mass flow.

I'm quite sure that trying to beat the mass flow limit will be met with severe punishment.

Callum

Surely if this even was the case, there would be balance of perfomance brought in, eventually? I understand that the engines will be homologated but if a particular team is going to have such an (apparent) advantage, then the other teams will surely complain.

The clever thing to do would be to wind their engine down so that it is only slightly better - with the option of turning it up during qually/overtaking.

xpensive
xpensive

wuzak wrote:
xpensive wrote:When MHPE will claim that it's a matter of interpretation of the rules, I think it will soon end up far above the

You've lost me here X.

A stream has a mass flow. The regulations define a mass flow.

I'm quite sure that trying to beat the mass flow limit will be met with severe punishment.
A stream has mass stream, not xactly the same as mass flow, remember slots and holes?

raymondu999

IIRC double diffusers were not about slot vs hole semantics, but rather about a hole being visible in vertical projection?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法