Ferrari F138

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
majki2111

Re: Ferrari F138

nhojekim wrote:Is that a new diffuser?
I don't think so.

emmepi27
emmepi27

majki2111 wrote:
nhojekim wrote:Is that a new diffuser?
I don't think so.
No new diffuser

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

Massa: New (longer) exhaust, shorter mainplane on RW (but higher AoA), new FW (no cascades but the new flow conditioners/vortex generators + new cut pylons)

emmepi27
emmepi27

Lateral difference between the two wings. More downforce in the ibrid version (sx), less in the dx version (testing in FP in Spa)

stefan_
stefan_

Italy 2013 - Friday (06.09.2013)

Click picture for high resolution version
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

F1T
Administrative bot

Ferrari's Monza package, front end

Ferrari's Monza package, front end - Development blog

Ferrari have traditionally put a lot of effort into their home Grand Prix package, and this year is no different, although it seems that the other top teams have put in quite some effort as well. Contrary to Spa-Francorchamps where one needs great front stability along with less drag, Monza is even more about drag reduction and top speeds, as there are less corners that require a large amount of front downforce.

Just like many other teams, Ferrari brought a new front wing that features no stacked elements, along with a single, differently shaped flap. The interesting bits are the two vortex generators, standing vertically on the wing's main plane. The result are two vortixes immediately ahead of the inner sidewall of the tyre. It looks likely that the team hereby attempt to ease airflow over the front wheel, while on the inside of the wheels swirls air down towards the ground.

One other interesting element is the nose, which again features a small bulge underneath, contrary to the nose raced at Spa. Even though Fernando Alonso was also seen running with an older front wing with stacked elements, the bulge underneath the nose is a constant, at a circuit where one could expect teams to remove the bulge. Also notice that along with the different nose, the cameras have been relocated from in between the front wing pillars to immediately ahead of the steering arm.

joalma

Front wing details Ferrrari F138 Vs Redbull RB9
GpMonza

Jose ‏@joalma1981

PlatinumZealot

THe nose buldge is to help stability under braking. So I would expect that for Monza.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

tony77g
tony77g

differences of Ferrari to Friday

pictured below: long and short

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

tony77g wrote:differences of Ferrari to Friday

http://www.zaslike.com/
Can't see any difference with the endplates.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

wesley123
wesley123

previously the rear part of the end plate was slotted. Now it is a continuous surface
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

tony77g
tony77g

Owen.C93 wrote:

of course, I only pointed out where the changes have been applied rispeto the previous version. The two differ only in the picture in the main flap

Nathan

Ferrari reverting back to the shorter exhaust for FP3?

shelly
shelly

tony77g wrote:
Owen.C93 wrote:

of course, I only pointed out where the changes have been applied rispeto the previous version. The two differ only in the picture in the main flap
Low downforce wing has different upwash but also different inwash (in front of it) and outwash (behind it). Hence why the slot at the back of the endplate got replaced by a slot at the front in my opinion
twitter: @armchair_aero