Lotus F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
subasurf
subasurf

Re: Lotus F1 Team 2013

langwadt wrote: I think the point is that Kimi has enough money that won't be missing anything by not being paid until the end of the season
Except for the interest on that money he isn't able to earn when it is being held by someone else.

Huntresa
Huntresa

The argument that he has enough money alrdy is just so lame... He is a person who does a job and should get paid for doing the job in question, if he doesnt get paid he has every right to stop doing that job like any other worker out there in the world or atleast in the civilized world.

ecapox

Ahh...so when someone has enough money saved (because they saved it and are a responsible type person...financially) it's cool if you dont get paid. Excellent. I'll just make sure that all the employees i hire from this point on are financially stable so that i can not pay them on time...or pay them at all.

All contracts with rich people are now officially broken, because, you know, they are rich and dont need it.

The most moronic logic i have even heard, let alone seen written and documented. Stupid.

turbof1

I don't think you can compare driving for F1 to any normal job. Not liking to race a F1 car but doing it anyway to get the money, is I think not a scenario that has often played out in reality. The way Kimi plays it is completely the same attitude as high level bankier who threatens to stop doing his work when his bonus is in danger of getting sacked.

Putting all money aside, what do you think about a driver who really considers not driving in a car that can get podium places? There so many out there who would just die to get the chances Kimi has, who would treat that privilege with much more respect. Agreed that very critical situations might force that, but money should not be counted as one of those.

I believe that as a racing driver your first and most important task is to get into that car and race the crap out of it. Issues about not being paid are of secundary concerns and should be handled afterwards. Kimi was better off saying that'll he finish the season and if he did not get his wages/bonusses/etc paid by then, that'll he go to court to force Lotus to pay him.

The way it sounds now is that Kimi is only in F1 to earn big time.
#AeroFrodo

Holm86

turbof1 wrote:I don't think you can compare driving for F1 to any normal job. Not liking to race a F1 car but doing it anyway to get the money, is I think not a scenario that has often played out in reality. The way Kimi plays it is completely the same attitude as high level bankier who threatens to stop doing his work when his bonus is in danger of getting sacked.

Putting all money aside, what do you think about a driver who really considers not driving in a car that can get podium places? There so many out there who would just die to get the chances Kimi has, who would treat that privilege with much more respect. Agreed that very critical situations might force that, but money should not be counted as one of those.

I believe that as a racing driver your first and most important task is to get into that car and race the crap out of it. Issues about not being paid are of secundary concerns and should be handled afterwards. Kimi was better off saying that'll he finish the season and if he did not get his wages/bonusses/etc paid by then, that'll he go to court to force Lotus to pay him.

Can't believe sombody could have an opinion like this!!?? Just because youre a F1 driver doesnt mean you don't have to pay bills or mortgages etc. And i like my job. I dont just do my job to get money. I enjoy it. But that doesnt mean i would work every day for a year without getting paid. Its not okay to withhold salery to the end of the season.

turbof1

Holm86 wrote:
turbof1 wrote:I don't think you can compare driving for F1 to any normal job. Not liking to race a F1 car but doing it anyway to get the money, is I think not a scenario that has often played out in reality. The way Kimi plays it is completely the same attitude as high level bankier who threatens to stop doing his work when his bonus is in danger of getting sacked.

Can't believe sombody could have an opinion like this!!?? Just because youre a F1 driver doesnt mean you don't have to pay bills or mortgages etc. And i like my job. I dont just do my job to get money. I enjoy it. But that doesnt mean i would work every day for a year without getting paid. Its not okay to withhold salery to the end of the season.
Yes, you have to pay bills. I'm sure Kimi has built up quite a reserve for him, his kids, his grandkids and his grand-grandkids to pay those.

And you do have to read attentively: I never said he should do it free, or that he should not be paid. I said it was of secondary concern. Race first, then claim your money, if need to with a lawyer next to it.

Maybe you also should reconsider almost half the grid, who also have to pay up alot for their bills yet don't get paid and have to bring in sponsoring and perhaps even family money.
#AeroFrodo

Holm86

turbof1 wrote:
Holm86 wrote:

Yes, you have to pay bills. I'm sure Kimi has built up quite a reserve for him, his kids, his grandkids and his grand-grandkids to pay those.

And you do have to read attentively: I never said he should do it free, or that he should not be paid. I said it was of secondary concern. Race first, then claim your money, if need to with a lawyer next to it.

Maybe you also should reconsider almost half the grid, who also have to pay up alot for their bills yet don't get paid and have to bring in sponsoring and perhaps even family money.
He has raced the previous 17 rounds. Without pay. And you make it sound like he just wont race till he is paid.

And yes im quite sure those other drivers has their bills to pay as well. But you cant compare a paid driver to a pay driver. Its in their contracts. If your contract says you need to find your own money thats what youve got to do then.

If your contract says you will get paid then you should get paid. Contracts are there for a reason. To ensure that both parts have something to live up to. So far only Kimi has lived up to his part.

turbof1

And yes im quite sure those other drivers has their bills to pay as well. But you cant compare a paid driver to a pay driver. Its in their contracts. If your contract says you need to find your own money thats what youve got to do then.
Nor can you compare Kimi to someone who does a normal job. It's totally irrelevant to mention Kimi has to pay bills. He can pay them well enough.
Says who? He mentioned in a kind half-jacked sentence that someone getting paid 0 euro's shouldn't race. Now I do believe that Lotus is some months behind on paying schedule, but I'm not going to take that one sentence serious.
If your contract says you will get paid then you should get paid. Contracts are there for a reason. To ensure that both parts have something to live up to. So far only Kimi has lived up to his part.
Which again you can force out of them at court. With interest. Of course Lotus should be living up to the contract. Don't get me wrong: they do have to pay him out. What you don't get here is that Kimi can ultimately force out Lotus to pay him anyway. He will get his money eventually, fact. Late, yes, but he'll get it and he will ask the highest interest rate. So why in the hell threatening not to race. You are even going to loose with it because then Lotus don't have to pay those 2 races.

This isn't a situation where you depend on your job to get around. Driving in F1 is also a privilege. Sure, you should be paid for it, and you should receive that on time, but when it doesn't racing should go first. There's a legal system in place to force out the team to pay up eventually.
#AeroFrodo

skoop
skoop

ecclestone said that he may'll use lotus' tv-earnings to pay räikkönen

ecapox

Lets talk some sense here:

Does he have a contract that stipulates how much and when he should be paid? Yes
Is he owed money? Yes
Has been been paid what he is due, up to this point? No
Has that contract been breached by Lotus? Yes

Therefore it is irrelevant how much money he is owed and how much money he has saved and any arguments put forth regarding his financial stability are just stupid.

Richard
Richard

skoop wrote:ecclestone said that he may'll use lotus' tv-earnings to pay räikkönen
Lotus did last year and again this year. They're asking Kimi to delay until their prize/TV money comes in to Bernie.

Of course you can always rely on Bernie to stir things up.

jeremy
jeremy

Its great news for Lotus if this Quantum thing goes through. But I'm still not sure about this guy, Mr.Mansoor Ijaz. Heck even Eric Boullier is not sure. A colorful guy he is. Hope my fears are wrong. http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.as ... 012_pg7_16 http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.as ... 2012_pg7_9 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16649034

ecapox

Mr. Mansoor does not seem like a reputable guy. Looks like Lotus is in the "We will take anything we can get" camp. ouch.

noname
noname

turbof1 wrote:There's a legal system in place to force out the team to pay up eventually.
Simple solutions are better, and legal system can be lengthy and cumbersome.

Try not to pay your suppliers and chances are you will hear "we are stopping production till you pay past due invoices [and we do not give a sh...t if it'll create problems for you]", that's standard practice.

There was a contract in place binding both sides. It quite possible things went that far Kimi said "enough is enough". At the end of the day It's Lotus' management responsibility to manage team's cash flow, not his.

slimfitcasual

ecapox wrote:Mr. Mansoor does not seem like a reputable guy. Looks like Lotus is in the "We will take anything we can get" camp. ouch.
Any worse than other rogues and scoundrels involved in F1 ownership though? :lol:
Per ardua ad astra