Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
StevenHyde
StevenHyde

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

Found this on twitter. Is this the real thing or is it photoshopped?

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

markc wrote:
Writinglife wrote:
Gridlock wrote:So a team secretly sponsored by Honda that uses a Mercedes engine, is run by Ross Brawn and has Jenson Button driving for them? :lol:
2014 Drivers championship locked then? :lol:
Driving car #22... so yeah, the planets are aligned!
I think there's also an irony alignment; in that Honda didn't get kudos in 2009, and if 2014 were to be successful then they wouldn't get kudos either. Those who believe in an irony loving universe place your bets!! :lol:

Just 2 add my 2 cents: Honda are ONLY interested in winning, and so will spend to bolster their team to achieve that. That also encompasses a building/re-building year.
No sources, take it or leave it. They are sore about not getting kudos in '09.
wow didn't even realise just how similar things are :lol:
i'd laugh my ass off if Button would score a 2nd WDC and a WCC for Mclaren just before Honda.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

adrianjordan

StevenHyde wrote:Found this on twitter. Is this the real thing or is it photoshopped?

http://i.imgur.com/sOLMGPS.jpg
If it's 'shopped then it's a very good job...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Kiril Varbanov

Generally, it's been a positive period for Mclaren - passed crash test, will appear at Jerez, smoke tested the engine, new CEO.
Mclaren has also just announced renewed partnership with Santander, which is further going to fuel the rumors for Alonso in 2015.
Martin Whitmarsh, however, is nowhere to be seen and my humble guess is that he's out.

Holm86

Posted on Thursday, 23 Jan 2014 10:35 (GMT)

McLaren Mercedes today announced that Santander, the largest bank in the eurozone and one of the biggest banks in the world, has renewed its long term corporate partnership with the team.

Since 2007, Santander and McLaren Mercedes have formed one of the most successful partnerships in Formula 1. McLaren has played a pivotal role in the establishment of the Santander brand in the UK and with ground breaking initiatives, such as the 2012 London Grand Prix campaign, the partnership has delivered a consistent, demonstrable impact.

For the past four years Jenson Button has also been a key ambassador for the company, fronting major marketing campaigns, staff engagement initiatives and playing a central role in Santander’s global University’s Scholarship Programme.

Jenson Button will continue to play a significant role in Santander campaigns as the partnership progresses.

Keith Moor, Chief Marketing Officer, Santander said: “Santander and McLaren have formed a long term partnership and together we have set new standards in sports marketing. Our decision to renew that relationship is not something that we have taken lightly, but it is based upon a proven track record of achievement and we are pleased to continue to be in partnership with one of the most iconic brands in global sport.”

Ekrem Sami, Managing Director of McLaren Marketing said: “Once again, a global blue chip brand has chosen to partner with McLaren Mercedes. We are delighted to be able to continue our extremely productive relationship with Santander, a company that has supported us for a number of years and has committed to be part of our exciting future. In such a competitive international sponsorship market, the fact that such a prestigious company has chosen to partner with McLaren Mercedes is a reflection of the strength of our brand, our proven track record of delivery and the power of Formula 1 to reach an avid, affluent and influential audience.”

McLaren Mercedes' roster of sponsors remains the envy of Formula 1, with some of the longest and most established partnerships in sport. For example, Hugo Boss has been with the team for 33 years, Tag Heuer for 29 years, Mobil 1 for 20 years and SAP for 16 years. These have been joined by leading global corporations including GSK, Johnnie Walker, Hilton and AkzoNobel.
source

Dyanxx
Dyanxx

Apparently Sam Michael is replacing Martin Whitmarsh as TP, saw a few tweets, not sure if true, but what do you think about this appointment? I for one think it's a bad idea.

Holm86

Dyanxx wrote:Apparently Sam Michael is replacing Martin Whitmarsh as TP, saw a few tweets, not sure if true, but what do you think about this appointment? I for one think it's a bad idea.
Can't and won't believe that. It's every McLaren fans worst nightmare.

Del Boy
Del Boy

Dyanxx wrote:Apparently Sam Michael is replacing Martin Whitmarsh as TP, saw a few tweets, not sure if true, but what do you think about this appointment? I for one think it's a bad idea.
Fortunately the source is Twitter - the clues in the name!

Dyanxx
Dyanxx

Del Boy wrote:
Fortunately the source is Twitter - the clues in the name!
I'm really hoping that's the case!

adrianjordan

Holm86 wrote:

McLaren Mercedes today announced that Santander, the largest bank in the eurozone and one of the biggest banks in the world, has renewed its long term corporate partnership with the team.

Since 2007, Santander and McLaren Mercedes have formed one of the most successful partnerships in Formula 1. McLaren has played a pivotal role in the establishment of the Santander brand in the UK and with ground breaking initiatives, such as the 2012 London Grand Prix campaign, the partnership has delivered a consistent, demonstrable impact.

For the past four years Jenson Button has also been a key ambassador for the company, fronting major marketing campaigns, staff engagement initiatives and playing a central role in Santander’s global University’s Scholarship Programme.

Jenson Button will continue to play a significant role in Santander campaigns as the partnership progresses.

Keith Moor, Chief Marketing Officer, Santander said: “Santander and McLaren have formed a long term partnership and together we have set new standards in sports marketing. Our decision to renew that relationship is not something that we have taken lightly, but it is based upon a proven track record of achievement and we are pleased to continue to be in partnership with one of the most iconic brands in global sport.”

Ekrem Sami, Managing Director of McLaren Marketing said: “Once again, a global blue chip brand has chosen to partner with McLaren Mercedes. We are delighted to be able to continue our extremely productive relationship with Santander, a company that has supported us for a number of years and has committed to be part of our exciting future. In such a competitive international sponsorship market, the fact that such a prestigious company has chosen to partner with McLaren Mercedes is a reflection of the strength of our brand, our proven track record of delivery and the power of Formula 1 to reach an avid, affluent and influential audience.”

McLaren Mercedes' roster of sponsors remains the envy of Formula 1, with some of the longest and most established partnerships in sport. For example, Hugo Boss has been with the team for 33 years, Tag Heuer for 29 years, Mobil 1 for 20 years and SAP for 16 years. These have been joined by leading global corporations including GSK, Johnnie Walker, Hilton and AkzoNobel.
source
I'm predicting increased Santander branding on the cars this year then...

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Holm86

adrianjordan wrote:
Holm86 wrote:

source
Yes. Im thinking they'll get the back of the rear wing. Like they did before.

And on the front of the rear wing like on Ferrari.

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

what about the side pod? I don't think anyone else is big enough to take all that space.

but then again, a giant McLaren logo would look pretty sweet there.

adrianjordan

Holm86 wrote:
adrianjordan wrote:
Holm86 wrote:
Yes. Im thinking they'll get the back of the rear wing. Like they did before.
http://gpupdate0.ed5.nl/news/97460.jpg

And on the front of the rear wing like on Ferrari.
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... 2010_2.jpg
I predict the sidepods...

adrianjordan

Or perhaps Johnnie Walker on the sidepods...

lotus7
lotus7

Caretaking at the first tests, maybe ?