Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Avocado
Avocado

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

j2004p wrote:New Teamwear points to colour scheme and state of sponsorship???

http://www.mclarenstore.com/en/uk/men/2 ... cateamwear
Why is there STILL Mercedes logo? I just don't get it. Look at other Mercedes customers. No logos at all. :|

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

because they still run merc engines for 2014 and probably because it's in a clause.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Pup
Pup

Manoah2u wrote:am i to understand correctly that we can expect 2014 GP2 team to ride a Honda V6 engine?
GP2 engines are Mechachrome V8's. I assume this is only a driver deal, but the press release does make it sound like a large tie-in.

Shakeman

Boullier has stepped down from Lotus and rumour is he's heading for McLaren.

From NobleF1 twitter.

SilverArrow10

Next best choice after Brawn, a good move.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Thunder

Boullier would really be a good Choice if Brawn isn't available. Certainly better than Sam Michael.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Holm86

Thunders wrote:Boullier would really be a good Choice if Brawn isn't available. Certainly better than Sam Michael.
Agree. But if true things are really not looking good at Lotus.

turbof1

#AeroFrodo

KingHamilton01

This news is good for McLaren Brawn know's his stuff but Boullier is more up and coming and I like what I have seen from him, this is no doubt why Ron dennis will be around the help the team settle down after personnel changes. future's looking good for McLaren now, don't think anyone wouldn't agree.
McLaren Mercedes

Thunder

Holm86 wrote:
Yes at first it was kinda funny but now i really feel Sad for them. So many People leaving....
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

bauc

KingHamilton01 wrote:This news is good for McLaren Brawn know's his stuff but Boullier is more up and coming and I like what I have seen from him, this is no doubt why Ron dennis will be around the help the team settle down after personnel changes. future's looking good for McLaren now, don't think anyone wouldn't agree.
I dont like the choice (if true) but lets wait and see, as I dont like the way how Eric has handled some things and issues down at Lotus but I will give him a chance
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Trocola
Trocola

bauc wrote: I dont like the choice (if true) but lets wait and see, as I dont like the way how Eric has handled some things and issues down at Lotus but I will give him a chance
Seeing what Boullier achieved on a team that didn't pay his drivers, I assume he would do a great job at McLaren. At least, better than Whismarsh and Sam Michael

iotar__

Thunders wrote:
Holm86 wrote:
Yes at first it was kinda funny but now i really feel Sad for them. So many People leaving....
I felt the same about McLaren 2013 season, hopefully the result is not as bad.

Yesterday the rumour was Sam Michael, how quickly things change, BTW replacing team principal days before the season is no indication of stability. If it was about someone not too independent/strong in light of "return" of R. Dennis than Brawn didn't make sense, assuming he was interested. Boullier/MIchael fit the bill.

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

my question is this: do you guys think it's better to hire Eric now, or wait a year and try to snag Brawn? Brawn is not a young guy, so who knows how much longer he'd want to be TP...

Playlife
Playlife

iotar__ wrote:
Thunders wrote:
Holm86 wrote:
..BTW replacing team principal days before the season is no indication of stability.
I think the 2014 season will be a big build-up for a proper title challenge in '15 with Honda. This explains why they are making such a drastic TP change just before the season; they probably know they won't be title contenders with the team in such an interim condition.

My prediction: Button out at the end of the year, Vandoorne/Magnussen in for 2015, and I wouldn't be surprised if development for the MP4/30 starts pretty early on this year.