Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
astracrazy
astracrazy

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

Whitmarsh will not be present at the launch

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motors ... t-him.html

Thunder

Well that was that then, Paddy Lowe also wasn't present at the 28 Launch and we all know how that Ended.

Question is, will Eric be there? :shock:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

CBeck113
CBeck113

Thunders wrote:Well that was that then, Paddy Lowe also wasn't present at the 28 Launch and we all know how that Ended.

Question is, will Eric be there? :shock:
I highly doubt it - usually the contract would keep him away from the paddock until its end - unless Lotus broke the contract by not paying him :?:
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Holm86

darkmninya wrote:Sam michael or Eric who do u want
Eric no doubt. Never been impressed with Sam Michael.

astracrazy
astracrazy

so atleast we know now mclaren haven't got a title sponsor

Richard
Richard

astracrazy wrote:Whitmarsh will not be present at the launch

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motors ... t-him.html
LOL - Ron Dennis wasn't present either ....

Edit - They've released a video with Sam Michael, his title is still "Sporting Director" http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialMcL ... ture=watch

Edit 2 - So many of the videos end with glowing praise for Ron. Is it me or does Sam Michael look a bit smarter and more confident in video where he's got the MP4-29 drawings? I presume that's the latter video because it shows the car. In contrast the "2014 In Brief" refers to building cars and he makes no mention of Ron's return - note the wonky tie.

I suspect that technical lowdown video was originally planned for Whitmarsh, maybe it was already filmed?

Just watched the Button video, he seems a lot less animated as usual. I do hope he gets his smile back this season.

adrianjordan

richard_leeds wrote:Just watched the Button video, he seems a lot less animated as usual. I do hope he gets his smile back this season.
To be fair wouldn't you be too??
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

bauc

adrianjordan wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:Just watched the Button video, he seems a lot less animated as usual. I do hope he gets his smile back this season.
To be fair wouldn't you be too??
It is understandable, since he lost his father no more than 10 days ago
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

SilverArrow10

Buttons still mourning. I think it will be a slow start to the season for him and last year hit him quite hard too being uncompetitive and disheartened, it was his best chance after all when Hamilton left. If he gets a win under his belt we will see the old Jenson back. I hope so anyway.

In regards to the team, they actually sound a lot like Mercedes did last year in saying its a season of change and transition for a big push in 2015, wonder how the year will go for them.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Avocado
Avocado

Del Boy
Del Boy

Eric it is then? I base this on the way Lotus have reacted today. It's a gentle men's agreement between teams not release cars on the same day when these dates fall before the 1st test, hence McLaren and Ferrari always release different days. Eric Bouilier gives his notice and Say's he off to McLaren, Lotus not happy think they upset the car launch and produce a picture of their car (although not sure how legal -buts that's another thread). Just my HO

KingHamilton01

All respect to Button, He could have pulled out from doing this but he is a figure head at McLaren! I agree and hope we give him something to smile about, A monaco victory would be nice
McLaren Mercedes

Pup
Pup

Boullier was my 2nd choice after Brawn if an outsider were to be brought in, so I'm pretty happy with the news. I'm curious now whether we'll ever see Brawn back in the paddock and if so, where?

Boullier did a lot with little at Lotus, and I suspect the budget woes they experienced were out of his control. And I also think he did well dealing with some very strong personalities above him, so that bodes well for his ability to get along with, or at least deal with Dennis. His management style is probably closer to Whitmarsh's than Dennis'. The team might even get a bit more laid back if Lotus is any guide. And he seems to have a knack for handling drivers, which will be a novelty at McLaren.

It also means that McLaren will have become a bit more appealing to any remaining Lotus employees looking to leave. (I wonder if Allison and Kimi are having second thoughts now about their choices.) And of course, there are some familiar faces from Lotus who have already joined the team. Hopefully, he'll bring along a bit of knowledge not only about Lotus, but about some of Renault's engine tricks as well.

Mostly, I'm just happy that McLaren seem to be getting an infusion of talent from up and down the paddock. I think they'd become a bit too isolated over the past years and fell behind in some areas as a result.

Thunder

Soo when will Peter Prodromou and Dan Fallows join the Team? Some say they are not allowed to work in F1 for 12 Months, some say 6 Months....

Would be great if they could jump in Mid Year to give some Input on the 2015 Car.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Pup
Pup

Don't know about Fallows, but Prodromou's contract was said to be through the end of the season, hence the 12 mos. But that's if RB kept him busy the entire time. If they put him on gardening leave, then I think it goes to 6 mos.