Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Pup
Pup

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

AMuS says that McLaren and Lotus are fighting over more than employees...

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 14460.html

skoop
skoop

very interesting, seems like there is something to the sony rumors

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

well could it then be that Dennis is taking action to secure Sony? could it be that somebody, perhaps Whitmarsh,
c*cked things up and it seems like Lotus is 'stealing away' Mclaren's Title sponsor?

Sony Lotus F1 Team
Sony Mclaren F1 Team

if Lotus would grab that sponsor, i'm very very understanding that Ronny Boy is furious and loathing with anger
if they lose the deal because of a certain somebody......

Eric Bouillier to Mclaren would make a bit sense though, since his appointment, he's shown to bring good leadership,
maintain a cool head and lead the team into several victories and be a front-runner. All along, manage 2 drivers that
aren't the easiest in the field [kimi speaks for itself, and Romain certainly had his history].....

Then again, i'm feeling Brawn could go Mclaren still.
Or........are we looking into a 2015 Sony Genii Honda with Brawn as head? wow, Ron would be having a heartattack
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Writinglife
Writinglife

Something about Boullier has always rubbed me the wrong way, i don't know why.

we could see Dennis run the team as TP for 2014, with Brawn stepping in along with Honda power and Sony sponsorship (Button might get the nod from both Sony & Honda with his Japanese connections)

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

that magnussen looks like a kid for crying out loud!

Btw, knowing santandar renewed their contract and they're present on the overalls, i'm sure there will be some Santander
precense on the 2014 Mclaren MP4-29.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Gridlock

Is the MTC stuffed full of Orange/White because it would show a lack of respect to Honda to display a silver car? I don't think the launch car is wearing its final livery..

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Gridlock wrote:Is the MTC stuffed full of Orange/White because it would show a lack of respect to Honda to display a silver car? I don't think the launch car is wearing its final livery..
ehm, honda won't be up until next year?

el-Magico
el-Magico

As a big Ferrari fan, I do have to admit this MP4-29 looks pretty good!
Quote of the year: "almost as sickening as the Velcro fluff under Lewis' cap..."

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

Manoah2u wrote:well could it then be that Dennis is taking action to secure Sony? could it be that somebody, perhaps Whitmarsh,
c*cked things up and it seems like Lotus is 'stealing away' Mclaren's Title sponsor?

Sony Lotus F1 Team
Sony Mclaren F1 Team

if Lotus would grab that sponsor, i'm very very understanding that Ronny Boy is furious and loathing with anger
if they lose the deal because of a certain somebody......

Eric Bouillier to Mclaren would make a bit sense though, since his appointment, he's shown to bring good leadership,
maintain a cool head and lead the team into several victories and be a front-runner. All along, manage 2 drivers that
aren't the easiest in the field [kimi speaks for itself, and Romain certainly had his history].....

Then again, i'm feeling Brawn could go Mclaren still.
Or........are we looking into a 2015 Sony Genii Honda with Brawn as head? wow, Ron would be having a heartattack
I doubt the TP has much to do with acquiring sponsor accounts. That's a job for sales people.

stefan_
stefan_

I would have made the car more darker with some well-placed McLaren orange sripes and Kiwis on both sides of the driver's head.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

skoop
skoop

here's an article about dennis's comeback (source: AMuS)

t has been five years when Ron Dennis at McLaren had withdrawn from the daily business . The man under the ten McLaren driver and had seven constructors' world championships were brought , from the executive Martin Whitmarsh . Since then a lot has happened . The last title win for McLaren dated from the year 2008. There were two second , third, and in 2013 a disappointing fifth place in the Constructors' Cup.

In parallel, McLaren had the adventure of building a sports car on its own platform without the assistance of an automotive company . The ambitious project would have driven McLaren 18 months ago almost to ruin , told the detached team boss Whitmarsh against auto motor und sport , but added : " . . McLaren is now over the hill We will make profits sooner than expected "
Ron Dennis to back the McLaren bridge

Nevertheless, the McLaren Group is still burdened with debt worth hundreds of millions because of the huge investments . And the Formula 1 team has indeed with Honda in 2015 another new engine partner , but still no successor for Vodafone as main sponsor. But Ron Dennis is back. And this at a time when many had already written off the 66 -year-old maker of champions .

Dennis was referred to as king without a kingdom. It had come to disagreements with the other shareholders , it said. Notably, with Mansour Ojjeh and Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding. But the man , who joined in November 1980 with McLaren and responsible for the most successful period in its history recorded , has all the opposition despite fought back to the bridge .
Sale to China with Dennis

Meanwhile seep through details such as Dennis has torn the helm back in again . His partner Mansour Ojjeh is after a double lung transplant at the hospital. He handed over the business in the meantime to his brother Abdelaziz Ojjeh .

The partners of Bahrain is said that they would like to sell their shares because they already invested a lot of money in the road car project and are worried it might not pay off in the end .

Ron Dennis had been found in the meantime in China prospective buyers. And who were apparently his Joker . Dennis is said to have submitted an offer to purchase its shareholders that only has its validity , if he be in control and executive receives about the company again . That was the step back to the top in the State of McLaren.
Boullier as new governor

In the former shop manager many delicate tasks to come. First, he wants his own words , the group restructure and establish the new Formula 1 team . The first step is the appointment of his governor. It is an open secret that it is thereby act around former Lotus boss Eric Boullier . The contract with Honda from 2015 goes back to the initiative of Martin Whitmarsh . The obligation of the Red Bull aerodynamicist Peter Prodromou and Dan Fallows .

But the second most successful Formula 1 racing team needs fresh money in the till. Main sponsor Vodafone has dropped out . Actually McLaren wanted to present a successor in December , but was delayed . Also at the presentation of the new car was missing the writing of a new title sponsor.

McLaren is negotiating with a Japanese technology company , but is also at the Lotus tuned. Because the company logo , the colors appear red and orange , it was a plan to paint the McLaren back in their house color orange. Rumors speak of Sony . Due to the coloring but also the buzz name Canon, Toshiba and Sanyo through the room.

But apparently now Lotus has the Japanese made ​​the better offer . The negotiations with McLaren are stalled. Therefore McLaren will at least compete in the test phase in proven silver.

mikeerfol

Wow, McLaren and Lotus have a serious rivalry from the looks of it :lol:

ringo

I think Bouiler will be the team principal. He's similar to Ron in terms of seriousness and ability to make tough decisions.
Brawn is not a possibility because he tends to want full control and his style is more laid back. Eric would fit the Mclaren culture pretty well. He also has a good business brain.
Whitmarsh was a failure from the get go. He was more concerned with making friends and protection public image than he was about winning. He's the reason Hamilton left Mclaren, and why Checo and Button was selected.
For Sure!!

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

Why wouldn't Ron give Brawn full control? Ron only took more control now because performance took a nosedive last year. Before that, he wasn't very much focused on F1, right?

ScottB
ScottB

Given the mess Lotus is in, if I was deciding which team to sponsor out of the two, it'd be a no brainer. Secondly, the Lotus is pretty full of sponsors already, only the sidepods could be given over. Whereas the Mclaren is usually a lot more sparse, and currently hasn't shown a real livery.

The Mclaren clearly looks like it's waiting for 'something' before being shown in a full livery, the Lotus really doesn't. Particularly if it is Sony, Mclaren makes much more sense.