Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Avocado
Avocado

Re: McLaren MP4-29 Mercedes

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

dat look. magnussen is starting to grow on me, looks like a kid from the first looks, but i got to admit,
he seems to show lot of capability and potential and he has a total different look on him when he puts on that helmet.

still i'll be honest; i just really want to see Jenson get another WDC under his belt.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

bill shoe
bill shoe

Spare a thought for Martin Whitmarsh. He led McLaren to create this wonderful car, then he gets sacked and Ron Dennis comes in to stand next to the car for the cameras.

PlatinumZealot

He is not even present at the test... I feel sorry for him.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

astracrazy
astracrazy

Whitmarsh:

I don't feel sorry, he wasn't good enough. It was the worse season since 1980 i think it was.

If he is to receive credit for this car, then he should receive the same for the 28. But then i wonder if this turns out to be a dog if people will still feel sorry for him

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

At Mp4-29's presentation, Jonathan Neale said that Mclaren recruted more than a dozen of engineers from other teams. Among the names that we know,he said a name that I don't know anything about him: ETTORE GRIFFINI from Lotus. Who is this man? What were his responsabilities? What kind of engineer is he? Aero? Mechanical? CFD? trackside?

Kiril Varbanov

Aerodynamics Marcin Budkowski has left the team. The parting of ways had been mutual following a disagreement about future direction.
Chief aerodynamicist Doug McKiernan will now head the Woking-based outfit's aerodynamic operations ahead of the start of the 2014 season.
Source: Autosport.com and Mclaren team.

adrianjordan

Kiril Varbanov wrote:Aerodynamics Marcin Budkowski has left the team. The parting of ways had been mutual following a disagreement about future direction.
Chief aerodynamicist Doug McKiernan will now head the Woking-based outfit's aerodynamic operations ahead of the start of the 2014 season.
Very interesting...I wonder what the disagreement was...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Avocado
Avocado

adrianjordan wrote:
Kiril Varbanov wrote:Aerodynamics Marcin Budkowski has left the team. The parting of ways had been mutual following a disagreement about future direction.
Very interesting...I wonder what the disagreement was...
He played a key role in last year's MP4-28.

Pup
Pup

There have also been hints that he was not well respected within McLaren. At least one insider blamed his presence for several departures in the aero group. Of course, the same insider was equally critical of McKeirnen, so...

I don't know if Budkowski (and others?) was being protected by Whitmarsh, but obviously there has been a change of sentiment within McLaren.

Ben27
Ben27

Mr Dennis is there just because Honda want so.
Honda want Alonso for 2015 as well because is the best driver available so far and in the next 10 years.

Avocado
Avocado

I wonder who will be McLaren Racing’s new Chief Executive Officer. This will be very interesting. :)

FoxHound

Brawn has denied it very recently. But I think the moons and stars are lined up on this being his gig.
JET set

Ls1toy
Ls1toy

Do we know when it is being announced?

Pup
Pup

Whenever Ross gets tired of fishing, I assume.