Lotus E22 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
zack!
zack!

Re: Lotus E22 Renault

Blackout wrote: I did that now and I found out one horn should be 8,6 pixels longer than the other (not 6 pixels) and that the horns section rectangle should be like 102x88 (horizontal rectangle)
Maybe nothing in that render is accurate.
How, I didn't realize that, so they minize the lenght delta, and make horn "fatter" than they are ?

Blackout

Probably yes.

Richard
Richard

Time for the annual reminder that the car threads are for examining the actual features of the car. If the comment doesn’t relate to an observation of an actual detail on the car then it doesn’t belong in this thread.

For the avoidance of doubt, here are some examples:

• Whitmarsh, Vettel, and Boullier are not features on any car.
  • References to laptimes belong in the relevant test or race thread.
  • Seriously, there is nothing new to say about genitals, gaping fish, or monkeys with big noses. It’s all been said already. We don’t need endless reminders.
  • Soft focus effects belong in wedding albums, not technical posts.
  • “I love this team” or “the TP must be sacked” are fanboy posts
  • Links to a blog are OK as long if you make constructive objective posts here. Otherwise its just spam.

Finally, if you do see posts that are out of order then please report them so they can be dealt with appropriately.
[/color][/i][/b][/size]

senja
senja

This car is not launched yet. All this should go to pre-launch theme...

kwanchepan
kwanchepan

Seems FIA give the nose solution green light.

http://grandprix247.com/2014/01/30/fia- ... -is-legal/

FIA F1 chief Whiting says clever Lotus front nose is legal

Lotus' innovative double-pronged, duellength, nose solution for their 2014 Formula 1 has been declared legal by the FIA's Charlie Whiting.
The solution is even clearly assymetrical, apparently only to slip through a loophole in the rules, but whether the 『spirit' of the regulations has been adhered to is less clear.
However, the FIA's technical chief and race director Whiting, who unlike Lotus is present at the Jerez test, said the E22 is 「legal」.
「The structure has withstood the crash tests and the concept adheres to the letter of the law,」 the Briton is quoted by France's Auto Hebdo.
「The approach is – without a doubt – different, but it is legitimate,」 Whiting declared.
「They presented the concept in the summer, and we did not find anything wrong with it. On the contrary, it is a very clever interpretation of the rules,」 he added.
The varying nose solutions up and down pitlane have attracted many column inches since the launch season began, but Ferrari's James Allison said the design of the very tip of the car is not so crucial.
「There are many concepts that work, and ours is one of them,」 he said, referring to Ferrari's more conservative solution that has been likened to a 『vacuum cleaner'.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

GA on the Lotus twin tusk nose

via AutoSport

Richard
Richard

I've tidied this thread in prep for the proper launch.

I've moved speculative posts to the speculation thread. Lets keep this one for the real car.

quidam
quidam

Re: Lotus E22 Pre-launch Speculation

=D>

timbo
timbo

Something interesting seem to happen at the rear of the engine cover.

thisisatest
thisisatest

very little undercut at the sidepods, almost like caterham. distinctly crescent shaped tea tray strut. dude in the background with his r/c car. 2wd electric?

stefan_
stefan_

They have kept the design of the mirrors they finished 2013 with and have a airflow conditioner on the sidepod similar to what Ferrari tested towards the end of last season. Interesting slots (or so they seem to be) in the tea tray.

But is this the real car?
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Blackout

It's definitely a new car. many details prove it (like the roll hoop/monocoque design). so it must be the E22.
thisisatest wrote:very little undercut at the sidepods, almost like caterham. distinctly crescent shaped tea tray strut. dude in the background with his r/c car. 2wd electric?
You are not seeing the whole floor and bodywork ; ) I think the undercut is very big ( and the sdepods very short) like in the 3d render.

Pilatus

Very prominent cooling outlet.

Presumably Lotus way of dealing with overheating issues.

CBeck113
CBeck113

Pilatus wrote:http://www.zaslike.com/files/watgximgtt2santozjag.jpg

Very prominent cooling outlet.

Presumably Lotus way of dealing with overheating issues.
Is it me or did they cut open the entire engine cover and close it back up with plastic (I don't want to say it's a trash bag, but...)?

If this is the solution for the beginning of the season (I mean the cooling outlet, not the trash bag), then the loss won't be too bad for an interim fix.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

zioture
zioture

It look like in the top few in vent pipe with fin under

In the top it look like Sauber