What's new in F1 2014? All the big rule changes at a glance

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
mycadcae

What's new in F1 2014? All the big rule changes at a glance

What's new in F1 2014? All the big rule changes at a glance - and at your lunchtime leisure

Front and rear wing changes
A fundamental change at the front of the car results in front wings being narrowed from 1800mm to 1650mm. There are also changes at the rear with the rear-wing main plane removed and a shallower rear wing to decrease downforce. But to ensure the DRS overtaking aid remains a powerful overtaking tool, the flap can open as wide as 65mm, a 15mm increase from 2013.

Anything else?
Eight-speed gearboxes replace the previous seven while ratios will be fixed for the season; a central exhaust exit pipe out of the back of the car to end blown-diffuser effect; increase in minimum car weight from 642kg to 691kg.

- source skysports
Regard,
Nik Wan, Mechanical Designer, CATIA V5/ Solidworks/Autodesk Inventor/ AutoCAD

turbof1

Re: What's new in F1 2014? All the big rule changes at a gla

Not trying to be disrespectful, but I believe we have enough rule changes summaries around here.
#AeroFrodo

Holm86

turbof1 wrote:Not trying to be disrespectful, but I believe we have enough rule changes summaries around here.
I agree. Its already much better explained and visualised in the different threads in here.

notsofast
notsofast

And that's how we encourage members to join and participate in this forum... :(

WhiteBlue

notsofast wrote:And that's how we encourage members to join and participate in this forum... :(
There is no point in lowering the standard to kindergarten level just to be polite. The forum is a place for technically minded enthusiasts. We have been discussing 2014 rule changes for almost four years. If you want tabloid level of information you can go to tabloid web sites. These rule change summaries are all over the web in the media and need no further mentioning here. Just my personal point of view. Others may differ in their opinion. It's a free place.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

actually the member whom posted this is a member since 2010, makes him for 4 years a member.......

i agree this topic is a bit too basic and empty and just seems to be a copy-paste from a sky online article.
However, the 2014 rules are in a rules topic covering more then just 2014.

i am disappoint not to see one, contained, clear thread started with all the 2014 things in one usefull post,
because quite honestly, that's what i expected when i opened the thread.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"