Lotus E22 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
stefan_
stefan_

Re: Lotus E22 Renault

Well that's a pretty... low thing to do.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Thunder

Well i only say the Car ran a total of 7 Laps today with the fastest Lap being 8 Sec off Pace. There really must be some Magic going on at Enstone, anyhow i cant think of a Reason why that Guy trumps out "We have a super Car".

Like i said i don't want to bash the E22, it might be a super fast Car, but noone can know that by now.

Sorry for OT btw.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

turbof1

stefan_ wrote:Well that's a pretty... low thing to do.
I know. It isn't a long stretch at all to believe they do this on a regular base. I wonder how long they are doing, since this is the first time they slipped.

This should be reported to the moderators. This is a place to be creative on ideas. If a publisher finds ideas he likes he should at the very least credit the member.
#AeroFrodo

Blackout

Thunders wrote:Well i only say the Car ran a total of 7 Laps today with the fastest Lap being 8 Sec off Pace. There really must be some Magic going on at Enstone, anyhow i cant think of a Reason why that Guy trumps out "We have a super Car".

Like i said i don't want to bash the E22, it might be a super fast Car, but noone can know that by now.

Sorry for OT btw.
First day of testing in Jerez:
Jerez test, Day One timesheet:
1. Raikkonen, Ferrari, 1:27.104, 31 laps.
2. Hamilton, Mercedes, 1:27.820, 18 laps.* (crash) (did a shakedown at Silverstone)
3. Bottas, Williams, 1:30.082, 7 laps.
4. Perez, Force India, 1.33:161, 11 laps. (did a shakedown - Silverstone)
5. Vergne, Toro Rosso, 1:36.530, 15 laps. (did a shakedown - Misano)
6. Gutierrez, Sauber, 1:42.257, 7 laps.
7. Vettel, Red Bull, No time, 3 laps.
8. Ericsson, Caterham, No time, 1 lap.
9. Button, McLaren, No time, 0 laps.

Thunder

@Blackout: Yes and who of the TP's openly stated that they have a super Car after Day One? Right: No One. Because no one can know. Except Mr. Lopez apparently.
#aerogollum

Blackout

You're using the lap count. He's using the windtunnel numbers. I'm just saying lap count doesnt count today because it's Lotus's first day :)

emmepi27
emmepi27

Look at the turning vanes under the noses, like a "coke bottle"

iotar__

Thunders wrote:
danielk wrote:apparently Lotus are saying if the wind tunnel figures are correct the car will be incredibly fast

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 64819.html
LOPEZ - "We have a super car. The boys can not believe the wind tunnel values., If we implement the downforce on the track, the thing goes like hell. I kan only hope that makes us the engine is not upset by the bill. Not that it one is at the end of three championships. Depending on a Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault. "
As it's coming from Lopez is say thats fishing for Sponsors. Not that the Car is bad but it's a little too early to make such a Statement.
Even with "ifs' and "buts" it's more interesting info than "crude, unfinished" "looks like Caterham" comments earlier from this thread. It's not that different to "we're happy with car's development" or sth like that from Chester earlier. Of course McLaren last season also had good numbers in wind-tunnel (downforce compared to 2012 car?) ;-)

Different approach to cooling than RB is also interesting, rumoured improvement for the nose later this season is even more . BTW why would exhaust position be temporary again, any logic or evidence for that (overheating but does it even overheat?)

Thunder

Blackout wrote:You're using the lap count. He's using the windtunnel numbers. I'm just saying lap count doesnt count today because it's Lotus's first day :)
Even the Wind Tunnel Numbers are pretty much worthless as long as you don't know the Numbers of the other Teams.

To be clear: He can very well be optimistic. But that Interview he gave there is pure Show with no Numbers to Prove it.
#aerogollum

LionKing
LionKing

turbof1 wrote:
stefan_ wrote:Well that's a pretty... low thing to do.
I know. It isn't a long stretch at all to believe they do this on a regular base. I wonder how long they are doing, since this is the first time they slipped.

This should be reported to the moderators. This is a place to be creative on ideas. If a publisher finds ideas he likes he should at the very least credit the member.
This is unacceptable. Gonna post a comment on their site...

Blackout

Thunders wrote:
Blackout wrote:You're using the lap count. He's using the windtunnel numbers. I'm just saying lap count doesnt count today because it's Lotus's first day :)
Even the Wind Tunnel Numbers are pretty much worthless as long as you don't know the Numbers of the other Teams.
To be clear: He can very well be optimistic. But that Interview he gave there is pure Show with no Numbers to Prove it.
You might be right. But like Pat Symonds said; the teams want to recover the downforce level they had in 2013, without counting the blown diffuser. He and some other teams said they didnt hit that target yet while omnicorse and maybe Lopez too know that Lotus already reached that target. Why not...
I'm just explaining. I'm pessimistic too. Even if the windtunnel datas look good, the reality can be very different. Like in 2011; where the datas were very positive while the R31 was struggling. (Permane said that at the end of the season)

Thunder

I agree. Maybe they found the Magic Bullet. (In the Wind Tunnel -> MP4/28 says hello :D )

But he can in no way have any Proof about Track Performance. And in that Case the Interview was ... lets say... "slightly Optmistic" and mostly driven by a commercial Interest.. :wink:

That was my whole Point.
#aerogollum

iotar__

Thunders wrote:I agree. Maybe they found the Magic Bullet. (In the Wind Tunnel -> MP4/28 says hello :D )

But he can in no way have any Proof about Track Performance. And in that Case the Interview was ... lets say... "slightly Optmistic" and mostly driven by a commercial Interest.. :wink:

That was my whole Point.
To avoid dragging this discussion on and on, in a word or two: so what? Rosberg is already winning multiple races, do you think he's fishing for sponsors?

BTW if you throw times and number of laps in the first test as an argument, how about making some connection to design, what's the point you think you can disprove by it? [Vettel ran 2-3 seconds behind fastest cars but not for long, so?]
Wind tunnel numbers and the whole Amus article were at least relevant.

stefan_
stefan_

A couple of details of the front wing:
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Thunder

iotar__ wrote: To avoid dragging this discussion on and on, in a word or two: so what? Rosberg is already winning multiple races, do you think he's fishing for sponsors?

BTW if you throw times and number of laps in the first test as an argument, how about making some connection to design, what's the point you think you can disprove by it? [Vettel ran 2-3 seconds behind fastest cars but not for long, so?]
Wind tunnel numbers and the whole Amus article were at least relevant.
Ok i didn't want to post again but .. well yeahh this will be the Last.

Please read my posts again and try to Understand what i want to say with them. :wink:

I nowhere say "OMG they are 8 sec's off, the Season is OVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Have Fun.
#aerogollum