Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Juzh

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

It is strange though. Vanished in this air.

CBeck113
CBeck113

Juzh wrote:It is strange though. Vanished in this air.
Anybody check the moat at the McLaren Tech Center?
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Del Boy
Del Boy

Great interview with Eric on Ask Crofty tonight. I wonder 2 things

In Italy there are millions of Ferrari fans regardless of drivers (Ala Schumacher when he joined). On Crofty tonight he mentioned the growing number of McLaren fans! Are we starting to get a genuine McLaren following as the Italians love Ferrari?

Do the McLaren fans believe Martin Whitmarsh had to go? I believe he needed to go. If only because of the fiasco of the MP4/28.

venom02
venom02

Hi everyone!
Quick question: is there any photoshoot of the new helmet is using Magnussen? it seems is totally different from the one he had last year (at least he left out the blue)

Gridlock

Didn't the announcement of Ron's return coincide with news of Mr Whitmarsh moving to Group? If so, no surprise he's not with the race team any more?

If I were to guess, based on Eric's interview with Crofty, Team Principal at McLaren can probably be divided this way:

Race Director (TP - As Far As I'm Allowed) - Mr Dennis
Race Director (TP - Everything Else) - Eric

Seems more likely to be this than that they're waiting for someone else's fishing trip to end.

So, McLaren's 2014 secret weapon can be seen at left in this shot?

Avocado
Avocado

Holm86

I really like this Crofty guy as a host. He is much more down to earth and humble. Ted Kravitz to me seems a bit arrogant.

Avocado
Avocado

James Allen:
And on March 6 the team [Williams] will unveil its new Martini livery at a ceremony in London’s West End. Sadly for the media this clashes with McLaren’s Ron Dennis breaking his silence, leaving anguished journalists trying to be in two places at once!
Hmm?? :P

mikeerfol

Avocado wrote:James Allen:
And on March 6 the team [Williams] will unveil its new Martini livery at a ceremony in London’s West End. Sadly for the media this clashes with McLaren’s Ron Dennis breaking his silence, leaving anguished journalists trying to be in two places at once!
I guess he will reveal who will be the new CEO/whatever?

beelsebob
beelsebob

Holm86 wrote:
I really like this Crofty guy as a host. He is much more down to earth and humble. Ted Kravitz to me seems a bit arrogant.
Haha, I actually have the exact opposite opinion. Crofty is putting on a show, and being arrogant about his position on TV. He's playing up for the camera. Every time Ted does a show though he just seems like a random Joe who got a pit pass by accident, and is now running around like a spoiled kid, super excited about F1.

Gridlock

I'd watch Ted's Notebook if it were on 24/7, like The Truman Show.

Can't say the same for Crofty - I don't like darts that much.

Pup
Pup

mikeerfol wrote:
Avocado wrote:James Allen:
I guess he will reveal who will be the new CEO/whatever?
I'm rather hoping for an epic tell-all about the Stepney affair, hiring secret security forces to tape Moseley in action, tales of Whitmarsh's covert betrayal, his role as a British spy, his exile to a Buddhist monastery where he learned to master the force, and of course his ultimate return to power which involved a dessert battle on camels against Mumtalakat's secret army.

Gridlock

You joke but Ron Dennis is, of course, Batman.

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

Mclaren chose to run the first of the two days allowed by FIA for promotional filming days. Mclaren chose this first day after the first Bahrain test. FIA allows 100 km, and under Eric Boullier's eyes Kevin took the car in the morning, and Jenson in the afternoon.

Source: http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/35015/ ... fiming-day

the EDGE
the EDGE

mclaren_mircea wrote:Mclaren chose to run the first of the two days allowed by FIA for promotional filming days. Mclaren chose this first day after the first Bahrain test. FIA allows 100 km, and under Eric Boullier's eyes Kevin took the car in the morning, and Jenson in the afternoon.

Source: http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/35015/ ... fiming-day
Are the running different rear suspension? seems clearer there than with the mushroom blockers