Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Predator

Re: Infiniti RedBull Racing 2014

Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere on the site, but there's media speculation that Infiniti won't be title sponsor for RB beyond 2015?

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-b ... ti-report/

Juzh

It's also on the thejudge13. I guess they wanted to buy into the team but RB had a problem with that.

Del Boy
Del Boy

Predator wrote:Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere on the site, but there's media speculation that Infiniti won't be title sponsor for RB beyond 2015?

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-b ... ti-report/
Interesting as it allows RB to engage with other engine manufacturers

Gridlock

Wish I could put money on RB 2015 having none of these: Newey, Vettel, Infiniti, Horner.

f1316
f1316

Re: Red Bull RB10 Renault

There's an article on BBC website where they say one team principle expects rbr to bring a b spec car to Melbourne. Haven't got the link to hand now but it's the article about rosberg.

Still, personally I always take the Andrew Benson articles with a pinch of salt...

FW17

f1316 wrote:There's an article on BBC website where they say one team principle expects rbr to bring a b spec car to Melbourne. Haven't got the link to hand now but it's the article about rosberg.

Still, personally I always take the Andrew Benson articles with a pinch of salt...

What is a b-spec these days?

Cuky

jagunx51 wrote:are they planning for RB10-B ? .....same case on newey's mp4-18

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n59 ... rdtest.jpg

If they are planing on something they wouldn't tell us, would they?

As for MP4-18, it never got B version and was never raced. MP4-18 was a failure, MP4-17D did the whole 2003. and in 2004. McLaren had MP4-19 and MP4-19B later in the season

basti313
basti313

I don't think so and they can not run the RB9. They will improve cooling, maybe even move some components but they can't throw away the chassis.
Just changing exhaust, cooling or aero does not qualify for a B-spec.
Don`t russel the hamster!

jagunx51

Cuky wrote:

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n59 ... rdtest.jpg

If they are planing on something they wouldn't tell us, would they?

As for MP4-18, it never got B version and was never raced. MP4-18 was a failure, MP4-17D did the whole 2003. and in 2004. McLaren had MP4-19 and MP4-19B later in the season
oohh... you r right, I mean mp4-18 'replaced' by mp4-17D...... in case of too tight packaging, just like rb10 ....rbr need to 'redesign' rb10, imho
............!!!!

jagunx51

basti313 wrote:
I don't think so and they can not run the RB9. They will improve cooling, maybe even move some components but they can't throw away the chassis.
Just changing exhaust, cooling or aero does not qualify for a B-spec.
fw36 has has a slim sidepod with tight rear end, with relatively small cooling outlet, how can it not suffer from overheating ? .... or is it renault engine the hottest V6 on track ?

............!!!!

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

They don't need to redesign a chassis/B-spec car. That's for performance reasons, no speed. This isn't the case. They just can't run the bastard long enough to start performance tuning. Fix the issues (and that might well take part of the season away) and I strongly suspect the car will be quick. Actually, I'd bet on it.

Renault need to pull their finger out and Newey needs to for once look just a tiny bit more conservatively at the design/packaging/cooling.

myurr
myurr

Alexgtt wrote:They don't need to redesign a chassis/B-spec car. That's for performance reasons, no speed. This isn't the case. They just can't run the bastard long enough to start performance tuning. Fix the issues (and that might well take part of the season away) and I strongly suspect the car will be quick. Actually, I'd bet on it.

Renault need to pull their finger out and Newey needs to for once look just a tiny bit more conservatively at the design/packaging/cooling.
That presumes Red Bull don't have any packaging problems, whereas they appear to be suffering more than the other Renault teams in terms of reliability so personally I presume they do have packaging problems. This is backed up, somewhat, by Newey and Horner flying out early from each test to return to the factory. They wouldn't be doing that unless major changes were required.

Renault have serious issues, but equally Red Bull have mismanaged aiding them with the ERS unit (which they're only now helping with rather than helping two years ago at the start of the project), and they seem to have numerous problems of their own compounding the issues Renault are facing.

eslam1986
eslam1986

- Some rumours say that the Red Bull gearbox is not able to deal with the savage torque delivery of the unrefined Renault engine .
- Lotus ran "full power" in Bahrain, only Renault team not to use Red Bull gearbox + conservative cooling solutions

myurr
myurr

eslam1986 wrote:- Some rumours say that the Red Bull gearbox is not able to deal with the savage torque delivery of the unrefined Renault engine .
- Lotus ran "full power" in Bahrain, only Renault team not to use Red Bull gearbox + conservative cooling solutions
It should also be noted that the Renault powered cars aren't currently capable of performing a racing start (reported by Sky). That fits with this info.

Per
Per

eslam1986 wrote:- Some rumours say that the Red Bull gearbox is not able to deal with the savage torque delivery of the unrefined Renault engine .
Source please?

I'm not buying it (yet), the torque on the outgoing shaft is not shockingly higher than last year, peak torque is still determined by what the tyres can deliver to the track (which is lower than last year due to harder tyres and lower downforce; increased minimum weight is cancelled by lower amount of fuel).

This doesn't mean RB can't have gearbox issues but I don't see the connection with "the savage torque delivery of the unrefined Renault engine".