Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bauc

Re: McLaren MP4-29 Mercedes

Thunders wrote:You guys need to calm down a little.

First not all Updates are visible, they can be Internally, Floor, the Brakes / Suspension.... or as in this Test Season mainy cooling and reliability related. As the Macca already had a big hot Air Exit from the start it's possible they worked on internal Air Flow most of the Time.

And second, wait until the EU Races start before you Doom them. :D :D
Dam Right....very good post mate...

I don't know how come people already are dooming MCL.....yes they are a little behind in terms of upgrades to the basic package but that does not means that they will suck this year....so please give them a little more time before judging them.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

mikeerfol

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

https://twitter.com/willbuxton/status/4 ... 4802065408 I thought the press release would occur tomorrow, is Buxton talking about something else?

Avocado
Avocado

Today? I'm confused. :?

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

Clearly he's referring to Senna, so I'm guessing this doesn't have much to do with current F1 affairs.

megasyxx
megasyxx

nah, I think they're just sandbagging........ =D>

Thunder

From Jenson Buttons Interview here: http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24180 ... urites-are

"We didn't have our upgrade on the car in testing - we did actually have it on, but we didn't get to run it as we had a few issues...."

Just to put some People at ease.... :D
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

PlatinumZealot

But will they work?

Mclaren's recent history says no.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Pup
Pup

Interview with Boullier, who seems at ease with their prospects...

http://www.racer.com/index.php/latest-s ... y-early-on
"We have obviously some advantage in the driveability of the car and we have a lot of different performance packages coming."

JDC123
JDC123

n smikle wrote:But will they work?

Mclaren's recent history says no.
I would have to disagree with you. McLaren have been one of the best at developing their car in recent year, with 2009 being a prime example, turning a car that was 2 seconds off the pace in australia, to a race winning one mid-season. The only reason last year wasn't the same was because of these new regulations.

spin1/2
spin1/2

JDC123 wrote:I would have to disagree with you. McLaren have been one of the best at developing their car in recent year, with 2009 being a prime example, turning a car that was 2 seconds off the pace in australia, to a race winning one mid-season. The only reason last year wasn't the same was because of these new regulations.
In 2009, McL had a driver who was helping with the development process - by giving good feedback about the updates.
In 2013, the drivers were struggling to find an ideal set-up for a race, let alone help with car development. It remains to be seen, how good Kevin Mag is in this respect.

dren

Drivers give good feedback, but don't forget they have engineers that are working with them for the set-ups, and simulator work, too.
Honda!

Holm86

dren wrote:Drivers give good feedback, but don't forget they have engineers that are working with them for the set-ups, and simulator work, too.
The engineers work is theoretical. If he don't get proper feedback he cant solve a problem which according to calculations shouldn't exist in the first place. So of course the drivers are a big influence on the vehicle development.

Pup
Pup

Both 2012 and 2013 are good examples of McLaren not being able to develop the car most likely because they didn't know the car well to begin with. How much of that is down to the drivers is anyone's guess, but in both cases, they admit that they really had no clue as to why the car was either working or not. In 2012, you might say that the car developed itself at the end, since they didn't know why it started performing better.

But the difference with the 29 is that they really haven't done any significant development to date. It's yet to be seen if they understand the car well enough to provide updates that work. They seem fairly confident though that they do.

I had argued at the end of 2012 that the biggest risk of having Jenson as the lead driver is that he tends to go out on tangents with his setups, only to realize so when his teammate begins to outperform him. Last year's woes may indeed have been exacerbated by not having that check, but then it's all a guess as to whether it did.

Sevach
Sevach

They were great in development in 2009, kinda bad in 2010, good in 11, good again 12 and 13 might have been a case of give it up early because they couldn't carry those things...

Lazy
Lazy

spin1/2 wrote:
JDC123 wrote:I would have to disagree with you. McLaren have been one of the best at developing their car in recent year, with 2009 being a prime example, turning a car that was 2 seconds off the pace in australia, to a race winning one mid-season. The only reason last year wasn't the same was because of these new regulations.
In 2009, McL had a driver who was helping with the development process - by giving good feedback about the updates.
In 2013, the drivers were struggling to find an ideal set-up for a race, let alone help with car development. It remains to be seen, how good Kevin Mag is in this respect.
Are you suggesting that Hamilton gives better feedback than Button?

The general view in the paddock is the opposite.