Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Pup
Pup

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

It's interesting that Ron says it was Whitmarsh who originally contacted Boullier. Surely Whitmarsh knew the team had operational problems and that his head was likely on the block because of it. Best solution - not just for him but for the teams as well - would be to split his job. Bring Boullier in as TP to run the team while he stays home and runs the factory as CEO.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Ron just co-opted Whitmarsh's plan.

Pup
Pup

"I know what this grand prix team can achieve and that requires the correct recognition when it comes to the commercial relationship with the principal sponsor."
This sounds like a not-so-coded message to whomever he's negotiating with. Clearly Ron isn't going to accept a cut rate deal just to get a logo on the car.

Given the conflicting messages over sponsorship at the end of last year, I'm curious if when Ron stepped in, he didn't nix some deals that Whitmarsh had already negotiated.

astracrazy
astracrazy

"But I won't be active at the circuit - I will be there to observe."
:lol:

I've got this vision on ron sitting on a throne on top of the pit garage looking down over mclaren being fanned by half naked women

the car comes in for a pit stop

Oh no, unsafe release

lollypop man is never seen again...

Pup
Pup

Dennis has denied reports of a falling out between him and the man who had been his long-term number two on the pitwall.

"There was no falling out between us whatsoever," Dennis explained.

"This is simple, we had to make changes and I wanted to lead the changes because I felt it was the right thing for the group and I was supported in that view by the shareholders, so that is why I am doing it.

"But Martin and I will find a common and positive way forward, and as and when we have that, we will communicate it."
Interesting.

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

Ronspeak 101.

” Company was unfit and I said to them that if they match my commitment we will win. If they don’t match that they won’t be with the company”

Of the team’s 2014 driver line-up he said that hiring Kevin Magnussen was his decision, based on information from engineers. As for Jenson Button, he described him as an “incredibly good human being, principled and [he] has values. The way he conducts his life and his relationship with the team is right up there with the best drivers we have had here. He’s incredibly fit and intelligent, which will be important this year. He’s also quick and capable of winning races and championships. His age (34) will have nothing but a positive impact.”
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

acosmichippo wrote:There is no way they're doing the chevron, unless Marlboro is giving them tons of cash again.
JPS isn't sponsoring lotus yet they have been running that livery a couple of years now. mclaren can slam on the red-white livery if they want, regardless of marlboro being a part of that or not.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Avocado
Avocado

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

Manoah2u wrote:
acosmichippo wrote:There is no way they're doing the chevron, unless Marlboro is giving them tons of cash again.
JPS isn't sponsoring lotus yet they have been running that livery a couple of years now. mclaren can slam on the red-white livery if they want, regardless of marlboro being a part of that or not.
of course the can, I'm just saying they won't. Not if they want to attract a new big-money title sponsor.

bauc

Ron Dennis for Telegraph UK “There have been too many people pulling in different directions. I’ve pulled the team back into itself a little bit. I’ve taken away anything that is superfluous to Formula One away from anyone to do with Formula One.”

Does this mean a confirmation of those speculations among the fans and the media that many of the F1 staff were working on the road-cars department and by doing so they were distracted from their duties for the F1 team and somewhat lost the edge?
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

that's what it sounds like to me. maybe not necessarily the road cars specifically, but any other McLaren technical projects.

rich1701
rich1701

Ron will never compromise on the value he believes the team is worth when negotiating with sponsors. As Phillip Morris discovered in the mid 90s when they offered less for a contract renewal.

Richard
Richard

I love his comments about the updated regs - wheelspins up to 100mph, cat and mouse, drivers need to be intelligent. Really looking forward to it!

willmesquita

Guys, anyone could help me. Besides Eric Bouiller, who McLaren hired and losed from last season? What's their roles in the team?

thank's.
To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone. ― Bruce McLaren

papayaorange.com.br

Gridlock

The rate card comment is the end to speculation about title sponsors IMO. Edit - about why there isn't one, when combined with earlier comments about financially taking the hit themselves this year to ensure good funding.

Play the long game - don't devalue your own product.

Thunder

willmesquita wrote:Guys, anyone could help me. Besides Eric Bouiller, who McLaren hired and losed from last season? What's their roles in the team?

thank's.
You should find it all here: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 15&t=16879
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum