Mercedes AMG F1 W05

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
BorisTheBlade

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W05

AFAIK not if they don't need to replace any of the alotted components.

pmneo
pmneo

Impressive Race of Merc!

Looks like that they was just racing with 6 gears, while rb or mcl used 7?

NathanOlder

Merc were using 7th in Qualy, didnt notice in the race, as we hardly saw anything of the No.6 Car. Looking good though, The first lap of the restart, all on new tyres Nico shot away something like 1.7 seconds in 1 lap.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

thomin

NathanOlder wrote:Merc were using 7th in Qualy, didnt notice in the race, as we hardly saw anything of the No.6 Car. Looking good though, The first lap of the restart, all on new tyres Nico shot away something like 1.7 seconds in 1 lap.
https://twitter.com/mercedesamgf1/statu ... 1316279296 But I guess this could mean that they were using more gears in Q1. Is there a benefit to using less gears? One would think that short shifting would be easier on both the engine and fuel consumption, particularly once you have a nice cushion to the other cars...

Helios

Any news about Hamilton's engine being changed for the next race or not?

Skippon
Skippon

Very unlikely to change the engine. Its only a sensor issue.... but they wouldn't run without it/disable it as it would fatally compromise engine life.

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

Rosbergs Merc at Scrut...Plz reply back if you need high res

NathanOlder

thomin wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:Merc were using 7th in Qualy, didnt notice in the race, as we hardly saw anything of the No.6 Car. Looking good though, The first lap of the restart, all on new tyres Nico shot away something like 1.7 seconds in 1 lap.
https://twitter.com/mercedesamgf1/statu ... 1316279296

But I guess this could mean that they were using more gears in Q1. Is there a benefit to using less gears? One would think that short shifting would be easier on both the engine and fuel consumption, particularly once you have a nice cushion to the other cars...
Yeah, I think i saw 7th down the start finish straight in Q1. but didnt notice in Q3, so probably didnt as it was wet.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

Something funny is going on under the Merc's nose. Also notice the Zr protection on the upper side of the crash structure

Huntresa
Huntresa

I saw Bottas using 8th gear on the back straight during the race, seeing as its a merc engine and all.

atanatizante

Skippon wrote:Very unlikely to change the engine. Its only a sensor issue.... but they wouldn't run without it/disable it as it would fatally compromise engine life.
Yeah, I`ve heard they have back up sensors for the primary ones on various vital parts of the car like ICE ... Nonetheless what I don`t understand is if one is broke or both sensors they stop the car?
On Sky Paddy Lowe said it could be a faulty sensor or maybe something really small like loose connector and there`s a good chance they don`t need to change the ICE
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

kooleracer
kooleracer

atanatizante wrote:
Skippon wrote:Very unlikely to change the engine. Its only a sensor issue.... but they wouldn't run without it/disable it as it would fatally compromise engine life.
Yeah, I`ve heard they have back up sensors for the primary ones on various vital parts of the car like ICE ... Nonetheless what I don`t understand is if one is broke or both sensors they stop the car?
On Sky Paddy Lowe said it could be a faulty sensor or maybe something really small like loose connector and there`s a good chance they don`t need to change the ICE
How is this even possible? The car was in parce-ferme and during Quali there was no problem? How can such a problem occur if nothing have been done to the car?
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Timstr
Timstr

n_anirudh wrote:Something funny is going on under the Merc's nose. Also notice the Zr protection on the upper side of the crash structure
Do you have the 4th picture in high res? Thanks.

NewtonMeter
NewtonMeter

Chaps, you know who I miss? Segedunum. You boys remember him? I took a while, but it seems Merc did come though after all, despite his protestations and demands that the whole team should be marched straight to the gallows. It's nice to be rewarded after having to defend the team so much during the W01 - W03 dark ages.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool...

Powershift

kooleracer wrote:
atanatizante wrote:
How is this even possible? The car was in parce-ferme and during Quali there was no problem? How can such a problem occur if nothing have been done to the car?
Are you suggesting sabotage?
Winning is the most important. Everything is consequence of that. Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.-Ayrton Senna