2014 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
zoro_f1

Re: 2014 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

iotar__

Obligatory, too early for weather forecast. If it rains RB should be happy.
Will Toro Rosso question fuel flow technique and use their own in Malaysia?

matt_b
matt_b

Too early for weather forecasts, but Mercedes have shown they are fast in wet and dry, so its a case of reliability holding up, all that will change is battle for 3rd and beyond, just a prediction though.

raymondu999

Wow what app is that?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Gridlock

Vasconia

matt_b wrote:Too early for weather forecasts, but Mercedes have shown they are fast in wet and dry, so its a case of reliability holding up, all that will change is battle for 3rd and beyond, just a prediction though.
If it rains this will help teams like RB to keep the temperatures at a good level, so they could battle for the victory. Because being Mercedes the fatest team in both conditions it seemed that the difference under rain conditions was not that big.

Anyway it can rain heavily as it usually happens in Malaysia, so expect some chaos, and in that case, Button emerging from nowhere, as always. :mrgreen:

mkay
mkay

Vasconia wrote:
matt_b wrote:Too early for weather forecasts, but Mercedes have shown they are fast in wet and dry, so its a case of reliability holding up, all that will change is battle for 3rd and beyond, just a prediction though.
If it rains this will help teams like RB to keep the temperatures at a good level, so they could battle for the victory. Because being Mercedes the fatest team in both conditions it seemed that the difference under rain conditions was not that big.

Anyway it can rain heavily as it usually happens in Malaysia, so expect some chaos, and in that case, Button emerging from nowhere, as always. :mrgreen:
Button has always been poor in full wet condition. If it's changing conditions, then yes, you are right.

turbof1

Vasconia wrote:

Malaysia is very tricky in that regard. It'll always rain during the weekend, but nobody knows when. Last year mercedes gambled that a larger part of the race would be run the wet, with the known result of being heavily hampered on fuel near the end of the race. Equally in 2009 they had to halt the race after 33 laps.

When it rains, it rains hard. very hard. But equally if it stops the track will dry very very fast. Whoever gets it right, is downright lucky. Nothing is predictable during this weekend. Button does seem to be good in making the correct decisions at the right moment, but I wouldn't be too surprised either if he gets it wrong.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what they can do on the speed traps. Downforce is very limited for everybody, and I don't think they can run more downforce then they did in melbourne (except with upgrade packages).
#AeroFrodo

Gridlock

So I guess Massa is doing whatever the opposite of a raindance is?

Malay Met Office radar:
http://www.met.gov.my/index.php?option= ... ng=english

KL is the pin:

godlameroso

Ah yes, the anti rain dance, it looks exactly like a rain dance, but it's anti rain. I don't know I have a feeling it will be one of those rare dry race weekends, just a hunch I could of course be wrong.
Saishū kōnā

mikeerfol

Dry quali wouldn't be bad, we could see how better Williams are compared to the wet quali session in Melbourne, if McLaren will indeed be 0.5 secs faster, where exactly Red Bull is, how much faster Mercedes is..

But I hope it rains for the race (as long as they do race and they're not wasting laps behind the SC :lol: ).

oT v1
oT v1

mikeerfol wrote:Dry quali wouldn't be bad, we could see how better Williams are compared to the wet quali session in Melbourne, if McLaren will indeed be 0.5 secs faster, where exactly Red Bull is, how much faster Mercedes is..

But I hope it rains for the race (as long as they do race and they're not wasting laps behind the SC :lol: ).
urhhh, i hope we dont get a re-run of Sepang 2012, i want it dry so we can see exactly whats going on in car performance :)
The Power of Dreams

Redragon

Amazing new on board cameras

Gridlock

...from a filming day in Northamptonshire....

...nearly a month ago..

Vasconia

mkay wrote:
Vasconia wrote:

Button has always been poor in full wet condition. If it's changing conditions, then yes, you are right.
Yes, I was thinking on that case, anyway Canada was almost full wet(except for the last laps) and he won.

Ayway, when it rains it can be very chaotic and no one is free of making mistakes but Jenson is a good choice under these conditions.

I would like to see a dry Saturday because it would be great to see a Williams(or both) in the firt positions. Bottas was awesome in Australia and I want to see how fast he can be.