2014 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
kooleracer
kooleracer

Re: 2014 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

So the whole event will be rain covered, we will see less track action because of the limited wet tyre allocation. Ferrari will be in big trouble if they haven't improved their engine driveability for the wet conditions. Australia showed that Williams will struggle massively in the wet. If we have have wet race, it think Mercedes and Red Bull will be close and McLaren will be the third team. Toro Rosso and Vergne is always a good combination in wet conditions.

Race prediction:

1.Hamilton
2.Rosberg
3.Vettel
4.Button
5.Ricciardo
6.Magnussen
7.Alonso
8.Vergne
9.Hulkenberg
10.Bottas
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Redragon

Gridlock wrote:...from a filming day in Northamptonshire....

...nearly a month ago..
Sorry I just found today, thought it might not been posted. Also I didn't know where to publish.
So I took the risk before being banned [-o< [-o<

basti313
basti313

kooleracer wrote:So the whole event will be rain covered, we will see less track action because of the limited wet tyre allocation.
This is Malaysia. Don't read to much in the weather forecast. It says rain every day and sometimes it rains and sometimes not.
Malaysia suffered nearly 200 years under the British Empire. They managed to sort out the British cuisine, but they really messed it up with the British weather. :wink:
Don`t russel the hamster!

SiLo

Wish they hadn't moved the race back for Western viewers. The race was always dry in the middle of the day but now it's right across the thunderstorm times in late afternoon.
Felipe Baby!

mkay
mkay

Vasconia wrote:
mkay wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
Button has always been poor in full wet condition. If it's changing conditions, then yes, you are right.
Yes, I was thinking on that case, anyway Canada was almost full wet(except for the last laps) and he won.

Ayway, when it rains it can be very chaotic and no one is free of making mistakes but Jenson is a good choice under these conditions.

I would like to see a dry Saturday because it would be great to see a Williams(or both) in the firt positions. Bottas was awesome in Australia and I want to see how fast he can be.
Wrong. In full wet, Lewis was much faster and he collided with Button.

Button was much faster once the track dried up and his barn door wing provided him with much greater downforce than his rivals.

The McLaren was the fastest car that day, LH in full wet and Button in drying conditions.

FrukostScones

I bet this race will be a half-points race like 2009.
One half points race and one double points race so it s all good...
...wait a minute :mrgreen:
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

SiLo

FrukostScones wrote:I bet this race will be a half-points race like 2009.
I think a lot of rain in Brazil and a half points race would be poetic justice XD
Felipe Baby!

heidenreich27
heidenreich27

Pls no wet

gray41

Lewis set to wear limited edition cap this weekend. :mrgreen:
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Multi21

SiLo wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:I bet this race will be a half-points race like 2009.
I think a lot of rain in Brazil and a half points race would be poetic justice XD
The last race will be in Abu Dhabi this year.

Hail22

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

beelsebob
beelsebob

God the name drops in these videos are really painful. At least hide it better Mercedes.

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

kooleracer wrote:So the whole event will be rain covered, we will see less track action because of the limited wet tyre allocation. Ferrari will be in big trouble if they haven't improved their engine driveability for the wet conditions. Australia showed that Williams will struggle massively in the wet. If we have have wet race, it think Mercedes and Red Bull will be close and McLaren will be the third team. Toro Rosso and Vergne is always a good combination in wet conditions.

Race prediction:

1.Hamilton
2.Rosberg
3.Vettel
4.Button
5.Ricciardo
6.Magnussen
7.Alonso
8.Vergne
9.Hulkenberg
10.Bottas
Ferrari didn't look too bad in the wet IMO (at least in Alonso's hands). He looked quite competitive in Q2, but i think he got the tyre choices wrong in Q3.

PlatinumZealot

gray41 wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjfUeXrCAAA2dGk.jpg

that hat is SIQQQ!
I love it! =D>
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

basti313
basti313

gray41 wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjfUeXrCAAA2dGk.jpg

Is this the guy who didn't want to wear ugly hats anymore?
:lol:
Don`t russel the hamster!