Ferrari F14T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

Re: Ferrari F14T

“Reliability is always the most important factor for us: without a reliable car you cannot win titles,”

I think the above philosophy needs to change.

Redragon

Gerhard Berger wrote:“Reliability is always the most important factor for us: without a reliable car you cannot win titles,”

In a year with so many changes technologically speaking, I think it is a wise choice and philosophy. Let's see in 10 races time where they are. Before judging their performance.

Ra8
Ra8

Well there's a saying that its easier to make a fast car reliable than a reliable car fast.
So to some degree I would agree with taking a little bit more gamble for performance than just always trying to get max reliability. Red Bull clearly showed that for the last 4 years.
OK this year might be a little different with all the new systems and trying to get them to work but F1 without speed is nothing.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Gerhard Berger wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
Gerhard Berger wrote:“Reliability is always the most important factor for us: without a reliable car you cannot win titles,”

That philosophy is exactly what won Schumacher so many titles. McLaren often had a faster car than Ferrari... it just broke more often than the Ferrari did.
Maybe it won them the title in 2003. 2001, 2002 and 2004 were white washes. 2000 - Schumacher and Hakkinen both had their share of reliability issues as far as i remember.

But anyway, I think times have changed. Manufacturing and design standards are much better these days that reliability is not such a big issue in F1. Red Bull showed in 2010 and 2012. Vettel had a couple of DNFs but was still able to recover because of the speed of the car.
That would certainly have been true last year... I don't think it's likely to be true this year though.

donskar
donskar

Thunders wrote:
donskar wrote: Can anyone add details to this story?
------> Team Thread http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 1&start=75
Thank you.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

stefan_
stefan_

Malaysia 2014 - Wednesday (26.03.2014)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

flyboy2160
flyboy2160

C'mon guys, this constant off topic stuff is getting old. These car threads are about things you can touch or weigh on the car, not about 2006 history or general comments about "reliability is important." Turbo is figuring out what to do.......If it was up to me, I'd just delete all of them, but maybe he'll be nicer.

bhall
bhall

Good cop, bad cop routine.

Noice.

:D

turbof1

flyboy2160 wrote:C'mon guys, this constant off topic stuff is getting old. These car threads are about things you can touch or weigh on the car, not about 2006 history or general comments about "reliability is important." Turbo is figuring out what to do.......If it was up to me, I'd just delete all of them, but maybe he'll be nicer.
I'll be nicer. And the nicest thing to do IS to remove the posts and release this topic from the jibber jabber.

Sorry guys, but you have to accept this hasn't anything to do with the F14T anymore. And I don't feel like dumping this in the 2006 ferrari topic. A few posts going into that direction wouldn't have been an issue, but this is a bit too much.

Please try to stay on topic. It's a benefit for everybody as it keeps things overviewable.
#AeroFrodo

ringo

stefan_ wrote:Malaysia 2014 - Wednesday (26.03.2014)

http://img3.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Fer ... 766804.jpg
Is that an inter-cooler?
I guess the water to air thing is doubtful.
For Sure!!

seinfeld
seinfeld

what's with all the zip ties. is the car that under weight :P haha

the coolers on that side are radiator. on the other side sits KERS and Turbo coolers. they are both Fluid/air on that side.

beelsebob
beelsebob

seinfeld wrote:what's with all the zip ties. is the car that under weight :P haha

the coolers on that side are radiator. on the other side sits KERS and Turbo coolers. they are both Fluid/air on that side.
Keeping things organised and in place is important. If you let these things dangle down, putting the covers over the top of them would become a nightmare job, and require huge amounts of time and care. Saving time when putting these parts back on is important.

stefan_
stefan_

Malaysia 2014 - Wednesday/Thursday (26/27.03.2014)

Last edited by stefan_ on 27 Mar 2014, 10:07, edited 1 time in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Abarth

from AMuS

el-Magico
el-Magico

Regarding the pic above me, you can see a few wires folded together;
Does this mean that these wires are actually to long and therefor create an 'extra' weight?
Quote of the year: "almost as sickening as the Velcro fluff under Lewis' cap..."