2014 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Shrieker

Re: 2014 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

The fanboy ying yang... Oww my eyes hurt ! :|
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Morteza

What was Button doing in Q3? Was he on the inters for the whole time?
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

beelsebob
beelsebob

Morteza wrote:What was Button doing in Q3? Was he on the inters for the whole time?
Yes. He was hoping it wouldn't rain, and he'd end the session on track, on the right type of tyres, already warm.

Chene

Shrieker wrote:The fanboy ying yang... Oww my eyes hurt ! :|
sometimes posters just discuss the drivers who they support, no need to be so stale, loosen your helmet strap a little, friendly banter never hurt anyone before :)
All these nice people saying I'm going to be world champion won't make me any faster, you have to believe it yourself. - Sebastian Vettel

Mandrake
Mandrake

Re: AW: 2014 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

beelsebob wrote:
Mandrake wrote:Who blocked vettel from his last lap? Somebody dove inside last turn leaving him too late over the line
Rosberg, Hardly a block though, just getting to the start of his flying lap.
Yeah, it was not like driving him off the track, But had Seb opted to start his lap he would have been immediately behind him. Vettel had to leave space from Ricciardo which rosberg then took

max_speed
max_speed

Re: AW: 2014 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

mega job by ferrari and fernando..lets hope its gonna be dry race =D>

zonk
zonk

sometimes posters just discuss the drivers who they support
We have a special thread for that...

basti313
basti313

SiLo wrote:I'd bet my house that Vettel loses places at the start tomorrow (if we have a real start that is)
Well, this is not a difficult bet if you just look at Ric's start in Oz...the Renaults are horrible at the start, the Mercs are incredible good and we have a much longer way to the first corner.
I do not really know how good the Ferraris are compared to the Renaults, but for sure they are much slower than the Merc at the start (obvious with Alo/Mag in Oz), so if Vettel is lucky he will only loose the place on Rosberg.
Don`t russel the hamster!

bhall
bhall

Apparently, Ferrari had no ERS power for the first two laps in Melbourne due to a software error.

Poleman

This has nothing to do with pole and/or who's got the most tenths in the wet, but did anyone notice when RIC made one hell of an exit on the last corner to pull alongside of BOT (i think it was Q2) the way he got out dragged by the Merc powered Williams was impressive...Maybe he eased on the throttle but i doubt it as track position was key in these conditions.

Mandrake
Mandrake

Yep Poleman, RTL also picked that up. That was indeed not a good sign for RB. Vs at least merc powered Williams

mikeerfol

Well done McLaren, well done... =D> :roll:

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Poleman wrote:This has nothing to do with pole and/or who's got the most tenths in the wet, but did anyone notice when RIC made one hell of an exit on the last corner to pull alongside of BOT (i think it was Q2) the way he got out dragged by the Merc powered Williams was impressive...Maybe he eased on the throttle but i doubt it as track position was key in these conditions.
Yeah saw that as well, David Croft as usual completely misunderstood what he was seeing and presumed Ricciardo backed off.

notsofast
notsofast

Moanlower wrote:Well it's raining, it's pouring
You didn't bring a sweater...
Thank you for posting this! A quick search revealed this is from Tom Waits, an artist I had heard about but never paid any attention to. Well, that's changing now. Great stuff.

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

Great Job by lewis, Seb and Fred today. =D>
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag